It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Begin Shutting Down Alternative News Websites

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is so backwards ...

Don't you, the French government, realize that you're playing into ISIS's hands?! This is exactly what they want: To paralyze the world with fear.

If this is how we'll always respond to terrorist attacks, then soon there'll be no freedoms for any citizens of advanced countries, endless wars in the Middle East, and worst of all MANY MORE TERRORISTS.

Why do you think terrorists become what they are in the first place? They're disgruntled with Western society and culture! If you start cracking down on the freedoms of EVERYONE to weed out the VERY FEW, you'll just further anger the VERY FEW until they become the MANY. God forbid that ever happens, but this is the road you're going down.

And finally, although this has probably been mentioned before in this thread, "Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither." And oh how true this phrase echoes throughout French society today.
edit on 26-11-2015 by Passerby1996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Did ATS go dark there? Any missing members?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Did ATS go dark there? Any missing members?

I think the're busy munching up that Turkey with some French fries.

Isn't it odd that a country called "Turkey" is also making headline right now...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

will follow..

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Terrorist kills innocents = government restricts freedoms and assumes more control and surveillance over society.

Makes me thinks that all terrorists work for the government either directly or indirectly.

Well said and it makes me think that too.

A good friend sent me this pic the other day, thought I'd post it on this thread.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
new world order coming in with huge steps recently...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Passerby1996
This is so backwards ...

Don't you, the French government, realize that you're playing into ISIS's hands?! This is exactly what they want: To paralyze the world with fear.

If this is how we'll always respond to terrorist attacks, then soon there'll be no freedoms for any citizens of advanced countries, endless wars in the Middle East, and worst of all MANY MORE TERRORISTS.

Why do you think terrorists become what they are in the first place? They're disgruntled with Western society and culture! If you start cracking down on the freedoms of EVERYONE to weed out the VERY FEW, you'll just further anger the VERY FEW until they become the MANY. God forbid that ever happens, but this is the road you're going down.

And finally, although this has probably been mentioned before in this thread, "Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither." And oh how true this phrase echoes throughout French society today.

I've seen several responses like this so I'm thinking that people are missing something crucial (not to pick on you though). Crackdowns like this are not victories for terrorists; they're victories for authoritarians. Authoritarians will try to use any situation they can in order to grab more power.

Authoritarian response to a terror attack? Harsh new laws that increase their powers at home.

Authoritarian response to a drug epidemic? Harsh new laws that increase their powers at home.

Authoritarian response to file-sharing sites? Harsh new laws that increase their powers at home.

Authoritarian response to any political wedge issue? Harsh new laws that increase their powers at home.

So I have no doubts that authoritarians allow & even provoke some incidences just so they can gain power from them. This is only surprising to me because I figured that people in Europe had learned from "Operation Gladio" and the "Strategy of Tension". Then again, maybe people aren't taught about those? Kind of like how American public schools don't teach its citizens about "Operation Condor" or "Operation Paperclip."

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I went to the sites mentioned as "blocked" - no problem, they are still up and accessable?

The blogger ranting in that article? Still there. But gee, got me clicking on over, didn't it??

Outrage is great publicity - especially in France. Scream victim (Americans cry out about "my freedoms", French use "my rights") everybody's ears pick up.

So, I'll wait and watch a bit more before getting outraged in turn.

But it's true that having security and freedom is a delicate balance, they are antipodal... and yet they are human needs and drives, both, and both are demanded of one government and authorities.

The article in the OP, while claiming violations of rights, also goes on to criticize the lack of action in the past through the security and surveillence - that other acts of terrorism weren't prevented even though information was had beforehand.
This kind of hypocrisy sometimes attracts my attention. People getting angry because the authorities don't do enough to foresee and take action, while out the other side of their mouth, getting just as angry about any attempt to do so.

The terrorists want you to feel downtrodden and repressed by your current ruling powers.
Typical of guerrilla warfare, this tactic increases the support network they have amidst the masses and stirs up more revolt which directly or indirectly aids their efforts.

There is not, perhaps, any ideal way to respond to this. Even if you don't react, the terrorists are not going to stop their attempts to provoke - we all learned that early on on life. Mom was wrong, bullies don't leave you alone if you just ignore them.
Dividing ourselves through the extreme notions of protection OR freedom (no moderate position between the two), seems to play into their hands just as well though.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

This is BS, just look at who's running this story, what does it mean, before its news...all bs sources.

Also, what's the address of the supposed down site?

I've found these ones working, why aren't they down too?

resistanceauthentique.wordpress.com...

www.wearechangeparis.com...

leblogdelaresistance.wordpress.com...

edit on 27/11/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
france already has thought crimes on the books.
they are not allowed to dare question the almighty w2 and the oh so scary nasis.

if 'they' made it a crime to question a 'historical' event, that means someone(s), somewhere, in sometime is full of it.

its a shame they control the world.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Thanks, but all I could see was sites repeating the same story, what I want to know is if the story can be confirmed or not.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Thanks, that's the kind of confirmation (in this case, negative confirmation, if that makes sense) I was looking for.

It's easy to cry "wolf" and it brings more "clicks" to those sites.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Lol Idiot

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
As i thought(knew?) after i heared about the terror attacks, because it´s always the same film script since 9/11.
At the end of the day no one else profits than the "BigBrothers", the hardliners, falcons, neocons, the surveillance masters, the allseeing eye, the rising police- and surveillance state. Maybe the NWO, they really talked about in the TV yesterday here in germany several times.

Let´s have a look, what do we have till now.
Like in the 9/11 case, "muslim" attackers, later found passports, and a story that, if it would be a screenplay for a movie, would make the movie a bad movie.
There is the same media hype like 9/11(US media first compared the paris attacks with 9/11), where the real fearmongering and terror comes from. The same reactions, growing police/surveillance state and bombings in a "coalition of the willing", who not is with us is with the terrorists...
Yeah, bombings in a time of the refugee situation, to stop the refugee flood, as they tell us. And bombing Assad to destroy the "IS", as they tell us. Who on earth should believe that? Who on earth should believe that this is nothing more than a war between the west and russia, while the west is the attacker?

Back to the paris attacks.
There is martial law in France and in Belgium, they shutted down bruxelles for some days, telling us they are searching for the one attacker that is on the run. Now, suddenly, the security level became lowered in belgium/bruxelles, but nobody got caught. How can that be? How can the security level be lowered, if there is a real threat out there? And nobody got arrested?
And wouldn´t it be very useful to have one terrorist escaped, so that one can exercise under real circumstances and the people wouldn´t ask "wrong" questions?
Let´s have a look to germany.
There was a soccer match cancelled, and our interior minister told us via tv that he can´t tell us anything, because if he would, the people would become too scared(??????). And that he has to protect the informer. While at the same time other news channels reported that a foreign intelligence agency is the source, the informer. As we know now it was an israelian agency.
One or two hours before the cancelled match they found something they said it could be a bomb, on a train. Believe me or not, i knew that this was no bomb, for 100%. As we know now, for sure, it was not a bomb, if i remember right, someone "forgot" that package there.
So the match was cancelled, and what happened? Almost nothing. No raids, nobody arrested, and nobody could tell the people if there really was a threat or not. Come on, that smells like BS, fearmongering! To make the people accept the next surveillance level. To make them ready for war.

And then we had the girl in paris, "that bombed herself" in an appartment that got raided by police.
We all saw her picture, nude in the bathtub, and they told us that she lived a "western life" and rapped a lot. Sure, terrorists must be rappers too, as the script says(see reports about the german lunatic Dennis Cuspert aka DesoDogg, every report begins with: Ex-Rapper. Btw, he is dead again, the fifth time, if i counted right...)
Back to the girl that "blew herself up". The story reminds me to a report i saw after 9/11, where someone interviewed a guy on a market in pakistan or afghanistan and had to tell him that he is dead. Because he sat in one of the planes, as one of the terrorists, and that his picture was shown everywhere on the world. The guy knew about nothing, and sure, was alive. And he wasn´t the only one.
Now it´s her:
Moroccan woman mistaken for Europe’s first female suicide bomber
And some others, like him:
Attention! Link to Facebook!!!

Then we have passports. This time they should be used to create a link between terorrists and refugees, so that all the rightwingers, nationalists in (almost whole eastern-)europe get their borders back and don´t have to take refugees into their countries. One of the passports was found nearby a guy that blew up himself into thousand pieces. But what a luck, he seemingly laid down his passport on the ground before he blew up himself, so that it can be found by the "security" officials. Nice one, dear terrorist...
Several times media tried to spin links to germany with those found passports. Problem is, not just one of those links could resist a little investigation. Passports faked and stuff like that. They try hard to tell us that the so called "IS" is sending it´s terrorists with this refugee flood, on a weeks or months long, lifethreatening journey on those deathboats and through several EU states, when they arrive europe. Instead of activating some of their homegrown lunatics, which grew here since 2006 like weeds(with saudi money for mosques for example). And as it happened for example, in Paris! No link to "refugee terrorists"!
But this story helps to build the "Festung Europa", Fortress Europe!

So now the next level of surveillance is destroying more and more of our freedom and our civil rights, and nobody protests. Because they are all afraid of terror and grateful for the "security" they receive. The media consternation and fearmongering hype won´t stop, best we all wear "Je suis Paris" shirts and sing the marseillaise while swinging the french flag, everywhere in europe.
And "Pray for Paris". Why should we pray instead to help the people, maybe by opening the eyes and searching for the truth? Because most people pray with closed eyes, maybe?
Btw, that whole "religions" stuff brought us to where we are now(as they tell us)! So praying to any idols is as useful as bombing countries to stop the refugee flood from there! Grown people have to stop having invisible friends with superpowers that they talk to! If childs do so, parents even send their childs to psychologists. And feed them with Ritalin. But when they grow, it is ok again to talk to thin air, hoping that thin air would solve all problems, just talking long enough to it???

Now for sure the next target is the internet again. And now they want again more and more data from all the people in europe, passenger data for example, or everything we do or say in the web, and save all that stuff. Nobody really knows how that should prevent us from terror attacks, because France has all that BigBrother stuff other european elites are dreaming of. Did it help? Did it even help to catch the "guy on the run"(if he exists, really still is on the run)?
No!

So why is the majority of the people to blind to see the game which is played, and who in reality are the players? Can one be to blinded to see who profits from all those terror attacks at the end of the day? Or do people just want to believe the official stories, because it makes everything easier for them?

To make it clear, i am not one of those tinfoil hats that believe that nobody died in Paris and everything was a stage play with fake blood etc. But i am one of those tinfoil hats that believe that others are the puppet masters. And that such attacks are orchestred by the "army" of the real puppet masters, the intelligence agencies on our earth.
Just look who profits, it is not the so called "IS", or did they solidify their "califat" with this attacks? No, the whole world is now against them, even other terrorist groups...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Just an observation. I truly believe World War III is coming and from the looks of it...sooner than later. However...regardless what it looks like from the outside, inside it all be government vs the people. They have positioned themselves almost perfectly for the checkmate. They have the power and the control to do this whenever they wish. Probably with very little resistance. Sad huh?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You could be right, but it's a difficult "chicken or the egg" scenario: Is it our politically-motivated "representatives" that benefit from these terrorist attacks, or the terrorists benefitting from our "representatives"?

Like some things in this world, it's depends on your perspective. But saying that authoritarians are the only ones benefitting from this seems to me like a significant oversimplification. My opinion is that BOTH are equally to blame, and BOTH are equally innocent in comparison.

Authoritarianism, or from what I can assume you meant by that is "Individuals striving for as much power as possible over everyone else", began with our egos. Our egos began with unregulated desires that included outwards anger and revenge (the "Id" basically, in case you wanted to be more familiar with Freudian labels).

Let's do a thought experiment for a second here and assume that "authoritarians" represent Ego and terrorists represent Id. In this situation, the authoritarians basically are the center of the world, controlling everything including the terrorists. The terrorists are simply reacting to what the authortarians have wrought upon them, and in turn only the authoritarians benefit when a terrorist attack occurs.

Now, what if we switched this logic around? What if the terrorists were "Ego" and the authoritarians were "Id"? Some people would think that this couldn't possibly be as the authoritarians have far more power than the terrorists. You would be right in thinking this, but the thing is you'd also be wrong. For, if we were to assume that the terrorists were the center of the world and pulling the strings of everyone else, you'd be able to offer up as much of a convincing argument as what the opposite scenario would have you believe.

Think of it like this: The terrorists influence our politicians to create stricter policies which will contribute to the rise of more terrorism. Therefore, you could argue that it was the terrorists who originally began this whole mess.

However, the terrorists became terrorists because the politicians took advantage of them when they were NOT terrorists, convincing these people that terrorism was the only way forward. But what made the leaders take advantage of these people to begin with? It's either because of economic needs of the citizens back at their home nations, or to fulfill their insatiable Id (inherent desire) to gain more and more power. What made these politicians make those decisions? Fear. Fear of losing the trust of their people, and/or the fear of people compromising their grip on power. And what is the fundamental emotion terrorism is trying to promote? That's right: Fear.

The people that are giving the authoritarians power are terrorists in that sense. Therefore, the terrorists are controlling the authoritarians to do what they want.

You could keep going back through history to prove your point, but in the end you'll realize that the two are one and the same.

I'm not trying to bring you down a peg, I'm just pointing out the flaws in human logic. Like you basically said to me, I'm not singling you out or anything.

If you wish to argue against what I just stated, please go ahead. But first you must answer this simple paradox:

"The chicken, or the egg?"

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Knowing how the French public like to respond to things they don't like I will follow this one with interest because I suspect there will be fireworks for the authorities on this. Lately though the French have been censoring all sorts of things which kind of goes against the French character.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Thanks, but all I could see was sites repeating the same story, what I want to know is if the story can be confirmed or not.

I was just glancing to make sure the stories were pertinent, but I noticed the same thing. That one guy with that one quote, over and over.

Now Bluesma says the sites are working fine. Is it possible that they are only blocked in France? Seriously, is that even possible? I've got a lot of impressive talents but computer stuff is not one of them. Anyone in France here on ATS? Maybe they can confirm/deny.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Absolutely brilliant political cartoon! I wish I could give you a million stars. And as an artist, I LOVE the visual style just as much as the message!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Passerby1996

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I think you're missing what I was saying. When I said "Crackdowns like this are not victories for terrorists; they're victories for authoritarians", I was talking about the crackdown on alternative news sites. I've posted quite a few times on how terrorist groups benefit from the actual acts of terrorism.

But the people who commit acts of terrorism aren't doing it so the affected country will grant more powers to the very leaders they're lashing out against. And they're not committing terrorism in hopes that the affected country will consolidate its news sources & only allow their enemy leaders' perspective to be told on news sites. That wouldn't even make sense. Agent provocateurs & double agents might want this, but not people who are actually trying to bring down that government.

That would be like the anti-Assad terrorists being happy if Assad's cronies gained new powers after each of their terrorist attacks. How on Earth would that benefit the ones who're attacking Assad?
edit on 27-11-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join