It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Chicago Tried to Cover up a Police Execution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

If your training consists solely of how to use weapons systems and how to justify using them, then problems are bound to arise. That's why so many people with mental problems or having a breakdown are killed by police in the US. I fear for my nephew, who is hard of hearing, every time I see a story like this. I just imagine some a-hole on ATS telling me, " the cop told him to turn around twice, he got what he deserved"

Also, in the same way pedophiles seek out jobs involving children, monsters like officer Van Dyke seek out positions of power like this. And that's NO FAULT of the majority of officers who take pride in their communities.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Your right, nowadays cops have become delusional, they have this false belief when confronted with reality. They have become self-centered, hair trigger thugs in black! They lack nobility, and have no soul for life.

I believe what we are seeing is "program" killings, they have become cold-blooded, heartless, wound-up, brainwashed killers

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

Your right, nowadays cops have become delusional, they have this false belief when confronted with reality. They have become self-centered, hair trigger thugs in black! They lack nobility, and have no soul for life.

I believe what we are seeing is "program" killings, they have become cold-blooded, heartless, wound-up, brainwashed killers

I think we have to be very careful not to over-generalize and say that this applies to all cops. There's obviously a problem that needs addressed, whether it be in training or how investigations against police are conducted, but it is very dangerous to lump all cops together in to this group of officers that are a detriment to society.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Stop putting words into my mouth. I never stated anyone was "worthy of bullets".

McDonald was well within the 21 feet danger zone of the Tueller drill.
www.theppsc.org...

Have you ever tested the 21 foot zone? I have, using professional runners that specialize in sprinting. Having conversations with people to keep them distracted and having the guy run up with a knife. The sprinter could never make it closer than 17 feet, that's from a position of the victim not having direct line of sight, being distracted, and having a holstered weapon underneath their clothing (though they did know the guy would charge at some point).

The rule like everything else has been bastardized from the original intent. 17 feet is what a professional sprinter could manage, then there's an extra 25% tacked onto that as a buffer. For a cop who has an unholstered weapon and is fixated on the target a person with a knife cannot reach 21 feet if they lunge, I would be surprised if they could manage 10.
edit on 26-11-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Your right bro.... I'm just referring to the bad apples.
what I meant is "program" training etc. causing their mental illness.

I do know a few good cops, as well it just takes one rotten apple to spoil the whole barrel and that would be the case with Chicago.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Because people whacked out on drugs, especially pcp, are often unphased by bullets or severe injury. Once a threat is deemed lethal, they engage with full power to eliminate that percieved threat.

Ok he was pretty threatening walking away. Once on the ground he wasn't moving at all after the first so you are actually saying that 15 more rounds was correct?

I also love the 21 foot, as in get within 21 feet and killing is justifiable no matter what the person might be doing or not doing.
edit on 26-11-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The video shows him moving closer to the police, maybe not straight towards them but in no way was he walking away or dropping the knife he previously slashed at other officer's windshield and tires.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What surprises me most is that it took a year of investigating to determine if this cop did anything wrong! There are other cops on the scene. Van Dyke pulls up. gets out of the car, and commits cold-blooded murder in less than 6 seconds.

Next big question is how many other murders, tortures, etc.. have occurred, but have not (yet) become public knowledge? The Chicago Tribune ran a story 3 weeks ago about a building where police take people, but many don't come back out for days...or ever. It's a large brick multi-story building in an impoverished West Side neighborhood.

I think the reason that Chicago has not experienced riots over this shooting is because police murdering and torturing citizens is so common, there's no shock in seeing it happen on video. Maybe the people in Ferguson thought their police force was honest and upstanding...hence the "shock" when they discovered that it wasn't?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

What about those who are 70 -100% deaf and hear virtually or literally nothing? I shudder to think...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

1. It is premeditated from bullett #2 and up.

2. The guy was clearly walking away from the police, as he was shot in the back. He was no credible threat to them. They knew it, tried to hide evidence of the murder...for a year! And paid $5million to the family, not because the family sued...because the city attorney KNEW it was about to become their worst day in recent history. Hush money.

I just threw up a little in my mouth it is that sickening..

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
Sure.

I really believe you hired "professional runners" and performed a thorough scientific study yourself.

If so, you did it wrong, because it has been proven and verified by real experts and was even featured on mythbusters, who also verified it.

Don't quit your day job.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

The whole tree was rotten on this..from the top down. 18 complaints against this guy and over half a million paid out previously and yet never been disciplined, must be one hell of a union. Add to that the topic of the OP..more than enough bad apples.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Not an execution. Criminal running down the middle of the street, high on PCP, possibly armed with a knife. Did you want him to run into a woman and her children first, or the police? Society pays cops to handle idiots like this, so 120lb housewives don't have to.

Get your head out of the clouds, the real world is down here.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
Not an execution. Criminal running down the middle of the street, high on PCP, possibly armed with a knife. Did you want him to run into a woman and her children first, or the police? Society pays cops to handle idiots like this, so 120lb housewives don't have to.

Get your head out of the clouds, the real world is down here.

The real world would say that a taser to the chest and some pepper spray would have done the job nicely. No need to kill the kid.

I'd even be willing to say that a quick charge at the kid by a large officer with a mean face may have scared the ever-loving snot out of him and he would have curled-up in to a little ball of pansy on the ground.

Police are paid to protect and serve. There is a risk in doing so and they need to take a small bit more risk in an attempt to protect and serve.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The video does not show his back turned when the first shot was fired as you allege. It most likely any shots entered the back while he spun after the first shot but the video just is not that clear. To show which shot hit where and when.

Here is one legal analysis of the video with one lawyer's perspective. This is just one part of a much larger article.

(1) McDonald was brandishing a knife in his right hand as he walked down the middle of the street while facing numerous police officers. It must be assumed that he was being non-compliant with lawful orders to drop the knife, get on the ground, and the usual law enforcement protocols for such circumstances. Note that the police have a legal duty to enforce public safety, and cannot simply allow a knife-wielding PCP addict to wander up and down the public streets. Only one person was making a free choice that evening, and that was McDonald. He chose, as they say, poorly.

(2) McDonald does not walk directly away from the officers, but rather angles no more than necessary to keep a distance of 10-12 feet (typical width of a car lane) between the officers and himself. This is well within the 21 foot distance that these officers would have been taught as part of their Tueller Drill training. At a distance of 10-12 feet the knife armed McDonald could be on the officers stabbing them with his knife in well under a second. Officer Van Dyke would be well aware of both this fact and the grievous injuries that a knife can cause.

(3) The moment before the first shot appears to be fired McDonald is walking down the dashed-white line of the road, thus parallel to the officers, and he suddenly blades his upper body towards the officers. This movement would be consistent with an intent to charge at the officers with his knife. It is quite possibly this threatening movement, knife still in McDonald’s hand, that induced Van Dyke to begin firing.

(4) Officers are taught to continue firing at a deadly threat until the threat has been neutralized. Even after McDonald fell to the ground he was still in control of his movements and he still possessed the knife, thus he was still an imminent threat of death or grave bodily harm to any officer who got close enough.

(5) Neither I nor the outraged activists can possibly know, based solely on that dash cam video, whether an officer was close enough to McDonald to be in imminent danger of his knife because the angle of the dash cam changed such as to obscure the entire scene of the incident where the police were located. An officer could have been within two feet of the still-armed McDonald, perhaps approaching to handcuff the suspect, when the last pistol round was fired at McDonald. We just don’t know, not from this video.

(6) At some point an officer approaches close enough to McDonald to finally kick the knife away from the suspect. This is the first time in the encounter that McDonald has been disarmed of his deadly weapon. There is no evidence that any additional rounds were fired after the moment that McDonald was finally divested of his deadly weapon.
legalinsurrection.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Again...
There is a thread called "Laquan McDonald shooting video released-and it's not good" authored by an LEO
That would be a good place to put your knee pads on and defend the shooter.

For the purpose of this thread let's assume the first shot is warranted.
You are derailing the discussion of the cover up that followed.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

My very first post in this thread was about cover up. Cover up by the media.

My original point was never addressed. Instead I was attacked by your little lynch mob and forced to defend my positition.

Of course many here think they can just attack me and my positition and I should not have the right to defend myself.

Typical left fascists.

edit on 27-11-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

My very first post in this thread was about cover up. Cover up by the media.

My original point was never addressed. Instead I was attacked by your little lynch mob and forced to defend my positition.

Of course many here think they can just attack me and my positition and I should not have the right to defend myself.

Typical left fascists.

Lol.... So you are losing tHe battle so you resort to name calling

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
More dashcam videos were released today with the same altered audio.( you can faintly hear sirens but no gunshots) However one video starts after the shooting and the dashcam that would show the best angle is missing.

On a more positive note, there is building pressure for the officers on scene and that deleted the Burger King footage to give sworn statements. It seems the journalists who brought this cover up to light are not content letting officer Van Dyke be a sacrificial lamb. Bravo!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

With regard to the deleted video from the BK, I wonder why nobody had attempted to recover these deleted fines since the standard process of deletion of a file does NOT actually delete the contents of the file, but only the reference to the file. The video footage would still be on that hard-drive. Commonly available forensic recovery tools (used by LEO regularly to recover deleted files in criminal cases) could have easily been used to recover the missing footage. I wonder, WHY was this standard investigative procedure NOT done in this case? Could it be that the investigators didn't really want, or make a concerted effort, to recover the footage as it would be even more damning to the LEO's involved.

This is another aspect of the cover-up IMO. If a defendant had done the same thing, the investigators would use every tool in their toolbox to recover the footage to use in the ensuing court case.

Why not this time?
Because a LEO was to be the defendant?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join