It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange Encounters Of PC Alan Godfry.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Alan Godfry, a former PC with West Yorkshire Police,was on patrol in Todmorden in the early hours of November 28 1980, when he claims a large UFO stalked him while he was out looking for missing cattle .

In his account Mr Godfry claims he stopped to sketch the "UFO" , which he described as a large fuzzy oval that rotated at such speed and hovered so low over the road that it was causing the bushes by the side to shake." on his note pad, but was overcome by a burst of light.

His next recollection was that he was then driving his car again further up the same road but the strange unidentified object was nowhere to be seen.

Mr Godfry returned to the area where he claims to have had the encounter to conduct a brief investigation . It had been raining so the ground was wet, but he managed to find "a circular patch where the road had been dried in a swirled pattern. His police boots were split at the sole which he believes is a possible sign that he had been dragged along.

Mr Godfry decided to report the incident only after a lorry driver reported seeing "a brilliant white" object at around the same time only three miles from where Mr Godfry had his encounter.

Two Officers from neighboring Halifax police force also corroborated Mr Godfrys account after they filed reports of a "brilliant blue-white glow" descending towards Todmorden, also at the same time.

Upon returning to the station PC Godfry realized that he could not account for around 45 minutes of time immediately after the encounter

www.youtube.com...

So we have a case of some very unusual U.F.O activity witnessed by at least three serving police officers , one of whom had a close encounter with the U.F.O which resulted with an account of missing time.

The event was was documented and recorded by two separate police forces .

When you add the physical trace evidence Godfry found at the scene of the encounter it adds up to one of the most fantastic U.F.O cases in British Ufology.

I also think that its worth bearing in mind that PC Godfry was searching for livestock that had been reported missing as this calls to mind the cattle mutilations investigated by Linda Moulton Howe .

en.wikipedia.org...

But the strange tale dose not end there however.

PC Godfrey was later convinced to undergo hypnotic regression to attempt to recall what had transpired during the period of missing time which he had reported after encountering the UFO.

During the regression, Godfry stated that the UFO had stopped his car engine, filled his radio with static, then blinded him with an intensely bright light which caused him to lose consciousness. The next thing he recalls was being inside a room that looked very much like that of a regular house. There was a large black dog in the room, and a heavily bearded men assisted by small, robot-like creatures with heads shaped like lamps. The bearded man, dressed in "biblical" clothes, communicated with Godfrey telepathically, revealing that his name was "Yosef" and that Godfrey already "knew" him. Yosef promised him a later encounter.

Personally I find evidence gather under hypnotic regression unconvincing to say the least the fact that the "bearded man in biblical clothes alongside his robot assistants resembles a scene straight from star wars,which was released three years earlier.

But however doubtful I am of the reliability of evidence gathered under hypnosis I think its notable that PC Godfry reported encountering a large black dog.

Mysterious Black Dogs often seem to crop up in U.F.O and folklore tales.

churchofmabusradio.com...

I think that this intriguing case is often overlooked by ufologists despite there being a number of serving police officers witnessing the event as well as physical evidence that was documented in Godfrys police report.

Another mysterious case that is not so over looked by researchers is that of Zigmund Adamski, a coal miner from Lofthouse colliery whose body was found a top a large pile of coals after he was reported missing by his family on the 6 June 1980.

His body was shirtless and his face was clean shaven ,so in the time he was missing it appears he had been well treated.

The body had strange burns on his neck and chest which had been there for at lest two days before his death.A strange ointment had been applied to these burns which could not be forensically identified .

en.wikipedia.org...

Discussed here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bet you cant guess who the police officer who discoverd Adamskis body was.

Your right, it was PC Godfry.

Six months prior to what i would say is one of best examples of U.F.O abduction in British ufology,PC Godfry found himself embroiled in another strange case that some experts attribute to alien abduction.

So is PC Godfrys testimony false .

Is he in fact a fantasist who along with several other serving police officers made up the whole story.

Or mayhaps PC Godfry is not what he seems.

PC Godfry is a real life man in black, a Fox Mulder figure whom is called upon by the British Government whenever strange paranormal cases arise.

The truth probably lies somewhere between the two extremes,but i think its safe to say PC Alan Godfry is an interesting case worthy of more attention.

ww.bbc.co.uk/insideout/yorkslincs/series2/ufo_alien_abduction_yorkshire_pennine_sighting_adamski_mystery.shtml

www.express.co.uk...
edit on 26-11-2015 by thebabyseagull because: Added links

edit on 26-11-2015 by thebabyseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
People also accuse Alan Godfrey of taking the photo of the Ikley Moor Alien. Which was in fact taken by Phillip Spencer who was also a former police officer.

Ikley Moor, Tingley (Where Adamski dissapperaed) and Todmorden (Where Godfrey claimed to be abducted, and where Adamsis body was found). Are 1 hour drives away from each other, and on a map make a triangle.

All these events happened in the 80s, and are not far from Royal Airforce Menwith Hill Military Base.

Edit - Phillip Spencer was also a pseudonym used.
edit on 26-11-2015 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology
Good points.

The ilkey moore alien photograph was Analyzed by experts at Kodak and it is indeed in the original image as apposed to a super imposed artifact.

This leads me to the conclusion that its either a man in a suit or actual photographic evidence of a unusual lifeform.

Can you direct us to the claims that Godfry was involved in this picture.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebabyseagull
Good points.

The ilkey moore alien photograph was Analyzed by experts at Kodak and it is indeed in the original image as apposed to a super imposed artifact.

This leads me to the conclusion that its either a man in a suit or actual photographic evidence of a unusual lifeform.

Can you direct us to the claims that Godfry was involved in this picture.

Just what I always saw in UFO magazines or online in the late 90s, early 2000s. The Ikley Moor Alien was always attached with Alan Godfreys name.

I did do a google search of "Alan Godfrey alien photograph", at google images. You can do the same to see others still do it today.

Here is one I found..

www.wearenotalone.net...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

ufomania.proboards.com...

The mod stiver at ufomania posted this in 2010

> Another case, which is often mistakingly attributed to Alan Godfrey is the Ilkley Moor alien photo supposedly taken also by a police officer.

The 2 cases were by two different people. Alan Godfrey certainly had something strange happen to him. The other one in Ilkley Moor has been wrongly reported on numerous websites and in some magazines as Alan Godfrey aswell - but in this case the witness maintained anonymity. His adopted pseudonym for the case was Phillip Spencer. The 2 cases were reported by 2 completely different people.

So Stiver from ufomania thinks its a different police officer involved in the ilkey moore case who is using the pseudonym of Phillip Spencer .

Could the pseudonym of Phillip Spencer in fact be Godfry ?

edit on 26-11-2015 by thebabyseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Menwith Hill is a stones throw away from Ilkley Moor

There are rumours the base has an underground network which possibly goes under part of the Moor and has concealed enterances ... but that is unproven

Menwith Hill (Yorkshire) to Todmorden in Lancashire is the direct route UFOs have been spotted on numerous occasions.
I have had two pointed out to me whilst in the area of Menwith Hill ... though my thoughts veer to Unidentified Military Craft ...

Of course Menwith Hill is a highly strategic spot and top secret ...
The roads around the area all being monitored and bored Military Police in black Jeeps let you know they are around if you get too nosey ...

Someone I know was followed for 15 miles by one Jeep and though 15 miles away from Menwith another blacked out Jeep came in the opposite direction flashing an array of light at him ... enquiries were made the next day at the place where he worked and he was given discrete warning by a high ranking Mason who is one of his bosses ... This is not a go at Masons ... only a recognition that it's network is useful.

If you try to get on to the base you have a good chance of getting shot (there is a sign saying so) or at the least you will be arrested in less than a minute.

As for the photo ... to me it is vague resembling someone carrying a bag and wearing some sort of helmet or even hood

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Could the pseudonym of Phillip Spencer in fact be Godfry ?

Those in the UFO community think otherwise, I don't know. But it's strange isn't it.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Menworth Hill sounds almost as mysterious as area 51 .

I would like to know more about the underground complex.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Yes strange indeed .

The same name keeps popping up in relation to a number of mysterious to events.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Yes strange indeed .

The same name keeps popping up in relation to a number of mysterious to events.

If that is Phillip Spencer, it certainly doesn't look like Alan Godrey in the limited view. He has a red beard for one.

I'd like to see that interview if it exists.

That is taken from this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: thebabyseagull

Menworth Hill sounds almost as mysterious as area 51 .

I would like to know more about the underground complex.

They used to do tours ... not sure if they still do ... but of course you only see what you are allowed to see.
I have never been on one ...

It is said to be a listening station ... all digital activity is monitored there ... Globally!

As for underground networks or levels ... you would not expect anything different when you think about it

Aliens ... no proof only rumours

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The mistake probably comes because of the fact that Spencer is also said to be a police officer.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

www.youtube.com...

Mark Thomas Secret map of Britain is a brilliant documentary about Brittan's secret bases.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thebabyseagull

Hey ... Thanks for link
... will give it a watch

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
HI babyseagull,

S&F for putting some effort into the thread. The Godfrey case is one that interests me because he has always been fairly pragmatic about the case. Whilst he considered the original UFO sighting something genuine he has always played down the hypnosis as possibly just his imagination going into overdrive. It certainly isn't your regular abduction story under hypnosis.

As for his part in the Zigmund Adamski case I don't think it's any more than he was the officer on duty who discovered a body whilst on duty. The name Adamski has probably placed greater weight behind the story than there really is to it.

John Hanson and David Sankey, two researchers, looked into Adamski's death a decade ago and spoke to a close friend of Adamski and his wife. The belief was that Adamski had been held against his will and this eventually led to his death. Of course the series of events leading up to the death is rather strange and FOI requests for the full coroner's report were refused when Hanson and Sankey requested them because they were deemed 'not interested parties'.

See : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Certainly a great mystery but no real evidence to point to something unearthly going on.

As far as I know the Ilkley Moor alien photo being linked to Godfrey is people confusing stories.

In fact it is supposedly of an insurance broker riding his bicycle, whilst wearing a blue anorak and carrying a briefcase.

Photograph of "an alien" taken at Ilkley Moor (1987) A photograph taken on Ilkley Moor in West Yorkshire on December 1st, 1987, was alleged to be of an alien. The English newspaper the Daily Star exposed it as a hoax in its edition of July 2nd, 1989: the alien in the picture was in fact an insurance broker, unsuspecting he was being photographed, while he visited his clientele in the outskirts and cut through the hills. Belgian investigators analysing the case stated "mais comment imaginer que des enquêteurs expérimentés aient pu se laisser prendre à un aussi banal canular ou méprise" (But how can we imagine that experienced investigators could have been misled by such a casual hoax?).[9]

Source : Wikipedia

edit on 26/11/15 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

In fact it is supposedly of an insurance broker riding his bicycle, whilst wearing a blue anorak and carrying a briefcase.

I wasn't sure about how that would work at first, but it looks like it could be worked out with a little effort I think.

The picture I found is at a slightly different angle but shows the position I am thinking. So the bike would be at an angle as he was approaching a turn and the trail does turn towards the right but he is going in the wrong direction? unless the briefcase threw him off balance and he is overcompensating. All I can say is there is a lot going on when you are riding a trail with a backpack and a briefcase so perhaps he is about fall.

The appendage on the left is certainly the right shape and is really a dead giveaway. The tire is lighter in color and appears to be at the correct angle. The legs would be bent and look to be in the correct position. The right appendage would have to be carrying something. It was hard for me to visualize what made up the head until I found the picture of he guy with the back pack. I guess it could be a hood blowing around? But regardless of the "head" if you focus on or isolate the left arm and what I think is the tire, its a perfect match to someone on a mountain bike.

I may be pareidolia-ing, but can you make out the tire?

out of curiosity because it looked like a fun trail, I wanted to see if people do bike it...and they do.

edit on 26-11-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Two Officers from neighboring Halifax police force also corroborated Mr Godfrys account after they filed reports of a "brilliant blue-white glow" descending towards Todmorden, also at the same time.

Certainly some interesting corroboration from the separately located officers (and lorry driver) there, especially considering it was at the same time - this vid goes into more detail about the additional police UFO testimony.

See 15:50

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I think that evidence gathered under hypnosis dose more damage than good in the case of ufology.

Hypnosis has its uses but it is still considered by many as something of grey area.When combined with ufology,which is also a controversial subject,I think it's a recipe for skepticism.

Godfrey was right to doubt such as evidence ,as I am sure any good cooper would.

On the subject of the two researchers you mentioned.it seems weird that they where denied a foi request on the grounds that they where not interested parties ,especially when you consider that they had been in contact with the family and I assume had there support.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

I think the lorry drivers account is particularly interesting as it rules outa hoax by the police.

I could imagine a few board coppers sitting in the canteen and coming up with an elaborate prank to play on there fellow officers.

The fact that the event was also reported by a member of the public lends it added weight in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

My peridolia Is working over time when I look at this picture.

All I can see is an alien taking a nice walk on the Moore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join