It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop shoots and kills Delaware man’s dog — as it runs away from him

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

Because, you know.....making noise is being aggressive....and threatening the life of a police officer...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

...along with whatever else he was doing that is out of frame and invisible to everyone in this thread.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I was talking about the dog.

It was said the DOG was GROWLING. What else could the dog have been doing that might have threatened the "officer"?

Could it have been drawing a gun? Oh, wait...no opposable thumbs....and never good drawing paper and pencils when you need them....

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

I was talking about the dog.

It was said the DOG was GROWLING. What else could the dog have been doing that might have threatened the "officer"?

Could it have been drawing a gun? Oh, wait...no opposable thumbs....and never good drawing paper and pencils when you need them....

I know what you meant. So was I. The dog was out of the frame. We can't see what it was doing. I know you don't want to wrap your head around this, but you need to: you can't say the dog was running away and harmless when you can't even see it. The dog can be aggressive and out of frame at the same time.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

And I've got news for you.

Any adult male that cannot hold off a dog...well....then sure...OK...threat.

A single "aggressive" dog doesn't a threat (to me) make......more than one, yes. just One?

P***y.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I personally don't care if the dog was barking,growling ,or ripping the cops leg off... Shooting it,and others,has become the norm,not the exception. Shoot to maim not kill ...is that even an option anymore? My god trigger happy seems to be a genetic predisposition for the field. No worries,your less than testosterone fueled comrades won't speak out against you. No wonder we have all lost trust in law enforcement. You cannot break the laws from behind a badge and gun while pointing fingers at the rest of us in accusation and judgement for the same thing. Bring 'em up on animal cruelty like anyone else and restore our faith in justice. Do the crime,do the time...tough guy. Pffft.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: olaru12

I think they are taught to shoot first in most situations today, judging by these actions and the news reports these days.

To LEOs everywhere: Less lethal up! We know you can kill, but you really don't have to.

They are. Around 4 years ago I was attending a different university and that school had a police academy as one of it's programs. Between classes I would sit outside their classrooms and listen to the lectures. It was a near non stop barrage of, if you don't control the person/animal/situation with overwhelming force you will be killed. There is absolutely a training problem with cops today, a lot of the people who I think would otherwise be good cops are being trained to be bad cops.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I personally don't care if the dog was barking,growling ,or ripping the cops leg off... Shooting it,and others,has become the norm,not the exception. Shoot to maim not kill ...is that even an option anymore?

That is not and never should be an option. Guns are designed to kill, if you need to pull your weapon it's because the situation has escalated to the point where a body bag is necessary. Shooting to maim is the same thing as saying the police should pull out their gun sooner and attempt to use it as a non lethal option. That is not a good idea.

A gun should never be pulled unless you're intending to kill the suspect. That's the whole problem with the police today, they understand that point but they're pulling their gun much earlier than they should be.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I personally don't care if the dog was barking,growling ,or ripping the cops leg off... Shooting it,and others,has become the norm,not the exception. Shoot to maim not kill ...is that even an option anymore?

That is not and never should be an option. Guns are designed to kill, if you need to pull your weapon it's because the situation has escalated to the point where a body bag is necessary. Shooting to maim is the same thing as saying the police should pull out their gun sooner and attempt to use it as a non lethal option. That is not a good idea.

A gun should never be pulled unless you're intending to kill the suspect. That's the whole problem with the police today, they understand that point but they're pulling their gun much earlier than they should be.
I agree with you, to a point. However, better to shoot a suspect in a limb and have them live to stand for the crime, versus kill them. Used to be the option for police with killing as a last resort if their life was in jeopardy. Bring a gun to a knife fight just so you can be the winner every time doesn't jive in my world.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Shooting in a limb just isn't possible, life isn't Hollywood. Even in the best of circumstances consistently hitting a limb is difficult, throw in adrenaline, a moving target, a need to act quickly, and a need to possibly be moving yourself and it's just not viable. Shooting center mass and shooting until the threat is down is not just the best option, it's the only option.

The whole problem with police isn't in how they shoot, it's when they shoot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join