It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop shoots and kills Delaware man’s dog — as it runs away from him

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Smyrna, DE — Heavily militarized officers from the Delaware State Police and the Smyrna Police Department were allegedly executing a search warrant Friday night when they burst into the home of Mark Reedy.

As the dog sees the shield and the gun he becomes startled and runs away. When the dog runs out of frame, it is clear that he posed no threat to the ten men in full body armor.

One cop can be heard saying, “less lethal up,” in a likely attempt to prevent his fellow officers from killing the innocent animal. However, at least one cowardly officer couldn’t wait to pull the trigger with real bullets, and a few seconds later a gunshot rings out and the dog is dead.

I'm at a loss for words. Heavily armed and armored men are afraid of a dog and feel the need to shoot it? WTF?

I'm thinking steroids are causing widely insane and violent behavior in many LE departments.

edit on 25-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

(post by nullafides removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I really wish they'd start charging these cops with the same charges you or I would get for shooting a police dog. I'm sick of reading about how these cops break into peoples homes, without warrants, and kill home owners and their pets. I'm tired of hearing tales about cops responding to the wrong home and killing homeowners and their pets. Or heaven forbid a dog walk down the street without getting shot by a cop anymore.

I'm of the mindset that from here on out any police recruit should spend a mandatory one year as an animal control officer with no firearm.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I think they are taught to shoot first in most situations today, judging by these actions and the news reports these days.

To LEOs everywhere: Less lethal up! We know you can kill, but you really don't have to.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I think this one has been posted.. I guess the cop thought he might be going for a gun? LOl I really dont know..

Who the hell wants this guy raiding anyones house ever again?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
#DogsLivesMatter

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I don't think they're taught to shoot first, I think it's more a case of there being pretty much ZERO repercussions so they figure F# it, fire away, work it out after.

If more cops were charged as you or I would be for these crimes they commit, I guarantee more guns would remain holstered.

They also need to get rid of this thin blue line BS and quit protecting each other even when they know a great wrong has been done.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
“less lethal up”
Maybe what he really said was "Lets lethal up" ?
edit on 25-11-2015 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
There needs to be more legal repercussions in these cases. Also, training courses on how to deal with companion animals. Though, those might not even amount to much when you have aggressive people on the force.

When "Arfee"(RIP see here) was shot and killed by a cop in Idaho, death threats later poured in. Not saying that is right, but why does it have to amount to that when the people feel their is no justice for these actions against their pets, then against even them in other cases.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

(post by Sheridan91s removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
“less lethal up”
Maybe what he really said was "Lets lethal up" ?

That's exactly what I thought.

"Less lethal up" doesn't sound right at all, it sounds more like a little creative editing in an obvious CYA moment.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Sigh... the militaristic 'special' weapons/tactics teams should be retired... they are unnecessary 99.3% of the time and generally composed of gung-ho, steroidal i-dots itching to use their cool, lethal ballistics... generalizations and cliches' are not good models for reality, but they are usually based on some reality and this killing and thievery being committed by our police is a reality that has been going on to an increasing degree since the 1970's... and has to stop... unless we want to live under a such a regime.

The 'drug war' that turns non-violent citizens into targets has to stop... the confiscation of private property (read THEFT) by corrupt cops lurking on major highways, who only have to say "I had suspicions" before 'confiscating' property has to stop... the killing of unarmed loudmouths (and totally compliant folks, too) has to stop... the lying to protect fellow 'officers of the law' has to stop... along with the shooting of doggies, as well.

'Protect and serve' my hind-quarters... some police depts are morphing into a meat-head gangs of thugs, not professional agents of public safety.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
From personal experience, I will say, there's a "better to be judged by twelve, than be carried by six" attitude among LEOs. I always see this as a, then WTF?!!?,.. are you doing situation. If you have to be "judged" or "carried" and you're not at war. You have no business being in that situation. I'm pretty sure your "union" and "healthcare provider" would agree.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Having been officially sanctioned and smited,

Allow me to rephrase.

Growing up, pets were ALWAYS 100% part of the family. There were times I know my father loved our german shephard more than he did me.

Kill my dog, it's NO different than killing my child, or killing a spouse, or a lifelong friend.

You kill my dog, and you get the Evil Eye. Something my ancient Scottish lineage has used for decades.

Regardless....

Police should not be allowed to kill with impunity. And that includes all sentient creatures. Wanton killing of animals is the most sincere and repugnant form of animal abuse there is.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
#DogsLivesMatter

they certainly don't, to many a modern 'servant and protector'. far too many

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

So...your angle says "the dog see the shield and gun and becomes startled and runs away. When the dog runs out of frame, it is clear that he posed no threat..."

So...We can't see it, but "it's clear". Note that it's still barking.

Another source says the dog was aggressive, and the cops were executing a search warrant on a man regarding a murder investigation and other charges.

Another source

You know...I'll be straight up with you. I don't think they needed to kill the dog, BUT, if it was aggressive, well so be it. Why can't people who start threads in this forum be honest and tell the real story? Why does every story need to be twisted to defend dirtbags and put the cops down?

20 nutjob blogger sources rant about "puppycide". Every official and legit media source tells another version. We all know the official stories are never entirely accurate, but you believe the story of the dog owner over everyone else? Because thats the story that all these blogs and rawstory are basing their articles on - The guy who owned the dog who has been arrested twice in the last month for assaulting his girlfriend, failing to appear in court, and a possible connection to a homicide on top of that.

You guys will take any bait, won't you...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Oh, and how was he running away? The dog was out of frame (he could have been making a cake for all you know) and barking at the officers.

Good grief...can your thread title be any more dishonest?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join