It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

serious question about my well being.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hello fellow ats people, I have a question, but only after I explain my situation. Now before I go on to do so I'm going to put out some dark things about myself, before I go on I want to make this clear, I dont want pity, I don't want people apologizing, I'm only asking this because I want some idea of what's wrong,So here I go, sometimes like today for ex I was playing video games and all of a sudden something inside me got triggered my heart felt like it was fluttering and I had a nauseous feeling in my stomach and I felt the need to pace back and fourth, and when I calmed down for a bit,negative thoughts began to overwhelm me to the point of tears,I try to push them away its successful then they come back in a day or two I'm having constant up and downs,I was self medicating myself with [snip] and alcohol,but that's not how I want to live,I just want to feel normal but I can't all it takes is a memory from my past to trigger the negative thoughts,I want to let go but I can't for some reason,I cant sleep properly, I fall asleep for a couple hours and I wake up then I feel drained all day, and the only way I can even really fall asleep is if I workout hard.I have had thoughts of suicide and I've even attempted too but obviously it didn't work,I just want to know what's wrong I'm tired of feeling this way I'm not this type of person, I like to laugh and have a good time with people, just for years I've felt overwhelmed and I'm reaching my breaking point yet again I don't know what to do..
edit on 25-11-2015 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Leprekon

Can I assume the video game you were playing was a FPS game?

I figure some people can only handle so much killing and death in their daily life

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I don't know your age or personal situation but, it COULD be heart issues.

Check with your PCP...
Could be sleep apnea...
get you some medical advice....

Best of luck!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yea it was fallout 4, but at the time I was just making stuff,maybe I feel guilty about the super mutant lives I've cold heartily taken by my laser rifle.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

First of all go to the hospital if you think your heart is fluttering, but . .

Sounds like panic attacks to me.
Doctor might give you Xanax or something similar, but only take em when you start having an anxiety attack.
[snip]

edit on 25-11-2015 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Ok first off the Disclaimer statement, have you seen a counselor, a therapist, a priest, or some such qualified person to listen to what may or may not be bugging you?

There with that out of the way, I wonder what genre of game your playing?

If it is FPS have you considered switching to Puzzle like Tetris? Might help you organize the way you think instead of keeping you on edge... Use it like a Defrag Program get to the point your body can autopilot the game while you sort yourself out.

But above all else get help seriously the world is more interesting with you in it.

CoBaZ

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

that's the best way I can describe the way my heart felt. I quit smoking its not healthy and it makes me unmotivated and honestly I felt better since I quit except whatever it is that is coming and going.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Heart palpitations, panic attack, nausea, sleeplessness and general malaise....

You need to get to the emergency room now...not ask for advice on a internet chat room. You could be having a heart attack or stroke!!

They don't just happen to the elderly!!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

You may have an anxiety disorder which may cause your heart palpitations. I'm not a doctor, but both my wife and my daughter have bouts with anxiety. I sometimes think it's more common than people realize. My niece also has bouts of anxiety.

My wife's doctor gave her a prescription of aderol which helps you calm down, but she doesn't like taking it because it can be addicting. When shy feels any anxiety coming on she starts taking deep breaths, and I usually will rub her back to calm her down. My daughter works out everyday and that seems to keep it in check. I hear meditation helps out a lot too.

You should see a doctor to get a diagnosis of what's going on.

edit on 25-11-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I'm no expert, but I think you're suffering from anxiety and depression. I recognise the symptoms from my own experience, go to see your doctor mate they are there to help.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

You need medical assistance from someone in person, not diagnosis from a team of ATS members.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It sounds very similar to PTSD.
And no you dont have to have served to have it.
Everything effects people differently.
I had those same feelings when i was with the fire department.
Ive been to a lot of car accidents. Sometimes out of knowere, Memories that still make me very upset
Pop into my head.
Do yourself a favour, go visit your DR.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Heart palpitations, panic attack, nausea, sleeplessness and general malaise....

You need to get to the emergency room now...not ask for advice on a internet chat room. You could be having a heart attack or stroke!!

They don't just happen to the elderly!!

I agree, see a doctor soon as possible.
If it is anxiety or panic attacks, you can ask for a non addictive pill. I take Hydroxyzine that is generic for Vistaril and is non addictive. Also if it is not physical and is mental, see a counselor about the past and how to deal with it.
Take care of yourself.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Please seek some medical help. While it could be only anxiety, it could also be serious heart issues. I mean seek this urgently, know of too many situations where people underestimated and or were unaware of a ongoing condition before it was too late.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Sounds like anxiety disorder. Ativan or lorazepam helps some people. Great sleep aid.

I get the same thing with the heart palpitations. It's very common and usually harmless. Still though, it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out.

I would stay off the self medicating if you can.
ATS isn't really the place to be asking about your health, although it is beneficial to talk about it and be heard.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This does sound very much like anxiety and/or panic attacks. Intrusive thoughts, which are usually negative, can be a terrible thing to deal with. You feel a bit crazy, because they are in your head, and how does one escape from that?

Aside from telling you to seek medical help, I will share one of my coping mechanisms for intrusive thoughts. This is not unique to me, I'm sure countless others do this as well. I think of a song, simple and redundant, and sing it in my mind as long as needed to replace the negative thoughts. This can be applied to anything- focus your thinking on something positive to keep your mind occupied until it passes. This has been very therapeutic for me and helped tons!

Good luck, and don't be shy about seeing a doctor or therapist!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
There could be multiple reasons for those kind of symptoms. I'd say you should go see a doctor and get a checkup.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I have the same thing I take a guess .. If I am way way of I apologise I am only going by ur original OP not sure what else you wrote yet

Anxiety and panic attacks

Me: Told myself I am not stressed and never admitted weakness to myself and brushed everything but had constant worry

maybe it doesn't sound serious enough as a diagnosis but when you end up in emergency room cause you thinking you are having a heart attack it's a wake up call.. this goes with migraines, ulcers (blood vommiting) , nerve pain that feels like someone is burning cigarettes on you , blood pressure through the roof, feeling completely exhausted, dizzy spells head spins you name it

I admitted it to myself went to doctor he gave me a temporary prescription till I go and see someone
When he said to go and see someone I said f** that I am not a mental patient and never picked up what he prescribed

And I am back to f****ed up
It's embaressing to go to doctors to complain cause you think to just deal with it
It's treatable and it's our choice how we want to go on about it

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
OK, here's my take:

Go to your doctor for the quick fix and he will be happy to give you meds, that you will take for the rest of your life. Then he will give you more meds for the side effects. Is that the way you want to live?

Harder, but better fix is to radically change your lifestyle. Change your diet, exercise more. limit electronic entertainment, read books. and MEDITATION ! I mean meditation with breathing control...etc to get inside your body and mind. It's as plain as day. Drug therapy as a last resort. In about 3 months you will see changes in your health. Guaranteed.

In my case, my blood sugar was 17 and BP was 145/99. My doctor wanted me to start on Metoprolol and Metformin. I said no way and changed my diet and lifestyle as above. In 3 months my sugar is down to 5-6 and BP is down to 129/89. I feel way better in general. I traced most of my problems from eating red meat which is not in my diet anymore (too much hormones and antibiotics in farm animal feed). Also, avoid fluoride toothpaste and use hypoallergenic laundry detergent, and vegetable based soap. Tons of toxic chemicals in them

That's my rant anyway. If you're a young guy it should be easier for you. I'm in my 50s. As far as the anxiety attacks. I had them once as a reaction to coming off medication. Breathing into a paper bag helps, but you have to seriously look at what you're putting into your body and mind. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the replies,i have a general idea of what questions to ask so I'm not going in blind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join