It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanksgiving 2015: What are you thankful for and/or what's for dinner?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Just called the grocer's - they are open today, til 1pm. I'll head over to get some fresh asparagus, I think - and a frozen pumpkin pie.....

I'm such a last-minute kind of person - have been all my life...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Have totally done that! LoL!

You haven't seen drama until you stick even a tiny bit of icey bird into a turkey fryer. Let's just say, you better run.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I havent seen anyone mention it yet, but do any of you make spaghetti squash with thanksgiving dinner?

i didnt do that but when i cooked the bird i would stuff it with pasta and cheese mix. the juices from the bird would run all through it for the cook time. it was very good.

i have been tired of cooking and doing the extended family thing for a while now. this year my wife and i are starting a new tradition with our daughter.
we are going to take her to see the new peanuts movie. she is 3 and never been to the theater but loves watching movies. after that i will make 2 cornish hens and my wife will make smashes potatoes and a salad.
that will be our day and what we do from now on.
tired of dealing with everyone.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Okay....and, scene!!

I want to thank the OP, kosmicjack, for getting me off my chair and to the store.

We now have:
asparagus
bearnaise sauce
new potatoes (I'll save the russets for later)
pumpkin pie
apples

to add to the slow-cooked pork roast.

(We already had the beer and wine - so we are SET!)

Enjoy your meals, everyone!!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

We treat every Thanksgiving as though it were the last and we would not see each other again. Then, we come together again on Thanksgiving and are truly thankful we made it to the "turkey table" another year. We lost 3 beloved family members this year and, by tradition, we prepare and serve their favorite dish, no matter what it is.
While we will have the traditional food, we will also have fried chicken, spaghetti chili mac, and the drink of the feast....Cactus Cooler.

I feel I have an extraordinary life, though I myself am nothing extraordinary. I am most thankful for the ability to live in the manner I choose to, and not in a manner I am forced to, by circumstance. Thankful for friends and family, and the sight of the sun setting each night; it means I have achieved another day towards getting to physically sit at our next Thanksgiving table. Life is getting more and more precious and I will not take any moment for granted.

I wish all a bounty of love, laughter, and light. To those who stand in harms way to enable us to join together without immediate concern...thank you for your service and sacrifice. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I'm thankful for my family and our little place tucked in the woods. I'm thankful that even with the issues that come along with life, it's really a good life. I'm also thankful my little ones and I won't be home alone today anymore either, some newer friends of our invited us over, I'm thankful for them too.

My husband is actually working today so yesterday we had....

Grilled flatiron steaks with lingonberry horseradish cream
Scalloped potatoes
Balsamic Brussels sprouts with bacon, pine nuts and lingonberries
Stewed apples
Wild rice stuffing (rice being the only grain) with sausage, carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms, and some more lingonberries (low bush cranberries)
Candies acorn squash
And a no bake pumpkin caramel cheesecake with an almond coconut crust

We have lots of leftovers! It's nice, after the ham I'm making for today, I won't need to cook for the rest of the weekend!

Happy Thanksgiving ATS!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Or, how bout that moment you question yourself..."did I remove the giblet packet?" while smelling the turkey roast.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Ha! See? We sort of do the opposite.

We're getting the "bad" version at my aunt's this weekend, so ours is more to our liking. We use our oven a lot. So we are baking a lot of stuff and we use the Ina Garten turkey recipe where the "gravy" is simply a mix of the pan drippings with white wine in the bottom of the roaster.

Our "bad" concession is the stuffing and "potatoes are rotten" we're making.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

As for thankfulness, I'm thankful for my family, my kid's school, my neighbors/neighborhood, and that - overall - we're not doing bad. Not great, but not bad.

I'm thankful for my family, my friends near and far (online and off) health, food and shelter, and a chance to use an old skill to build a new future

It was a better year than the one before. I'm extremely thankful

Enchiladas for dinner - but seriously amazing enchiladas

Vegetarians...whatcha gonna do?

:-)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ina Garten is a goddess.

Also, I just googled "potatoes are rotten recipe" and I'm putting it on the list for next year. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Menu:

Same thing as every other day.

Avocados
Skim milk
Cheddar
Water
Lemon juice
Cranberry juice
Bananas
Cornflakes (no sugar)
Garlic
The occasional egg after a workout
Weak coffee
Licorice root

My restricted diet for health reasons.

Thankful:

Family, friends, health at the moment, amenities, food, water, shelter, bed, blankets, medication, healthcare, an outlet, computing, MUSIC, videogames, books, and electricity.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
My post game wrap up:

Turkey and dressing - universal approval.

ALL of the new & improved,lighter version of traditional sides....may as well have tried to poison them all - got the same reaction as if I had.

Apparently the only thing that satisfies on Thanksgiving is fat with a side of fat, topped with fat and a heart attack for dessert. LOL! They even bitched and moaned about homemade Parker House rolls instead of Pillsbury crescents.

But, it was a hoot and we all had a great time...many tall tales, bad jokes, political snark and much BS was spewed. Glad they came, sad they left...but also relieved.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Glad it went all, all things considered.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

I could totally deal with that menu.
Hope you're feeling great!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
This Thanksgiving I was thankful for all of the chicken that had to die in order for me to eat as much fried chicken as I did.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: AceWombat04

I could totally deal with that menu.
Hope you're feeling great!

Apart from a mild cold (which in itself is a miracle for me, since I tend to get hellaciously sick historically... knock on wood) I feel pretty good this year. Cannot complain.

And yes, it's all tasty and more than sufficient once the cravings all go away, which took about a year lol. Had to stop living to eat. :p Thank-you, hope you (all of you) are well, too.

Peace.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join