It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge kept from past life...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I was not sure what topic this would go in...past lives, Akashic records, books, religion but...

OK, so I am a single mother, I must be very efficient in my everyday life, all decisions must make a positive or work towards a positive goal/ending. It is working for me, my 4yo daughter seems to help me in a weird way, not hinder me, but I will not waste my time, so to say.

I like to read, however, I find that I am very particular about subjects, etc. I enjoyed the hunger games trilogy so I wouldn't say I don't like fiction. I must attain something positive from all that I do so I lean towards educational books. I enjoy books on Buddhism and bought a bunch to dive into. I have also started listening to free podcasts from my iPhone which is great but also adds to this mystery...

I already know this stuff. I feel like I have already read many of the books so I either keep on reading them to confirm I was right which is fun and rewarding (and in a way brushing up on what I learned in a past life) or I don't finish. There are many books I just havnt even read yet bc I "feel" I already know (remember I must be efficient with my time) and don't want to waste my time reading something I already know.

This may seem like idiot jumble to most people but please know, I was not brought up knowing ANYTHING about Buddhism or knowing anyone who did. Things just...make sense to me and I must move on if I already know it, to the next book or podcast that will teach me things.

I also had a strange experience in college when I was in a depression. I saw a vision of a spiderweb, it scared me at first (I thought, oh great, now I am gothic) but I made my own reading into it that made sense, before I even knew anything about Buddhism or what I know now...that we are ALL CONNECTED. One of the books I read (Tibetan book of living and dying) talks about this spider web and connectivity of all things.

Do you think I retained info from a past life? Or is there a common truth out there that I was tapping into?

edit on 25-11-2015 by veracity because: added last sentence

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Do you think I retained info from a past life?

I think we all do, on a level that is not "conscious" in most cases. Predispositions to things indicate that is very possibly the case.

The Tibetan book is awesome. I remember when I 'discovered' Buddhism, having had no prior exposure to it. I felt like: YES!! This FITS!

edit on 11/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Sounds more like dropping to a lower dimension to escape the end.

I suggest working on elevating your present reality as compensation to the knowlegdge you understand.

The simplify, start using what you "seem" to know to your advantage instead of stareing at it.trust me it's much more helpful.

Anyway, cheers on the road

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

So im not the only one

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Everyone knows things about the spirit they have forgotten or haven't been taught. If it 'clicks' thats because you identify with the same truth already present in you.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Nope! Count yourself among the more 'experienced' souls.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Quite possibly a scientific approach might be this relating to genetic semantic memory:

Remembering Things From Before You Were Born

That amazing article is written by a very learned Woman Berit Brogaard D.M.Sci., Ph.D;

"But the idea of inherited, or genetic, memory of a different kind has some degree of plausibility. There are many different types of memory. Episodic memory(link is external) is memory of specific events, such as your memory of your last birthday party. Semantic memory(link is external) is memory of information that is presented as a fact, for example, the fact that Obama is the current president, that "ranarian means frog-like or that 31 is a prime number. Finally, procedural memory(link is external) is memory of how to do things, for example, your memory of how to swim or change a light bulb.

It is uncontroversial that procedural memory can be inherited(link is external). Babies know how to suck without being taught how to do it. This is a kind of procedural memory, and it is clearly genetic. The central, and much more controversial, question is whether episodic and semantic memory can be inherited."

"Carl Gustav Jung(link is external), a Swiss psychotherapist and psychiatrist and the founder of analytical psychology, is well known for his theory of the collective unconscious. The collective unconscious, unlike the personal unconscious, is a type of genetic memory that can be shared by individuals with a common ancestor or history. According to Jung, the collective unconscious consists of implicit beliefs and thoughts had by our ancestors. While we are not aware of the collective unconscious, it can influence how we act."

"How could genetic semantic memory be manifested in the brain? Memories are stored in the brain in the form of neural networks in the cerebral cortex, the brain’s outer layer. The brain deposits specific proteins along the neurons’ synapses that make it more likely for the neurons to communicate in the future. This is also known as ‘long-term potentiation(link is external)’. While the proteins are normally deposited as a result of learning, it is possible that some of them could be coded for by the genetic code."

Just giving you a brief glimpse of a more rational scientific approach though I guess Mr Spock is not as much fun as the romance of past lives.

edit on 25-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I don't think it's a past life--it's just in your DNA. Your DNA stores information from your ancestors. This seems like one of those things. People like to pretend that there are old souls so that they can feel good about themselves. Truth is--we are all equal. You can approach life any way you'd like, but typically, believing in delusions holds you back from self-actualization.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It was very reassuring to me to read about something that I, on my own thought of and have no prior experience with, believe to be a sort of a universal truth.

Hard sentence to read... I basically came up with my own religion/spirituality and learned I am not crazy, I am not the only one out there with these beliefs. Buddhism claims to not be a religion, I do not think it is, however, it is categorized as one. I like to think it is NOT a religion but the universal truth but there are other religions out there that preach similar beliefs.

Its so astounding and expanding...the universal truth. I am not psychic but I can see how people can be. This universal truth is out there and I want to know more.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Me, too! Came up with the idea of reincarnation and continued cycles until we are 'ascended' (graduated) "on my own", and then much later found out it was an already established ancient idea!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

The collective unconscious, unlike the personal unconscious, is a type of genetic memory that can be shared by individuals with a common ancestor or history. According to Jung, the collective unconscious consists of implicit beliefs and thoughts had by our ancestors. While we are not aware of the collective unconscious, it can influence how we act."

I am reading a book (psychology & alchemy) by Jung that is very information rich but...have not finished it. Its one of those that sort of confirms what I already know (also his prose is not that appealing) lol, its very scientific.

I have some experiences that comply with what you wrote, very interesting, also, genetics could be a life-blood to aid in akashic records/psychic abilities/what we do not know of/the unknown.

edit on 25-11-2015 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It is quite possible you remember books you read in a past life. It is also quite possible that the concepts of something larger, like Buddhism, seems to come natural or fit with your beliefs because it contains universal truths. I think both at the same time can be happening.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I am going to start leaving bookmarks (there already was one left in a book that was my daughters zodiac) or write on pages to alert my future selves they are on the right track.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

sorry you have such a low frequency here in your earthsuite

Do you believe that you just rot in the ground after you die? So scientists today are wasting their time on making grounds with research of the string theory, parallel universes, life after death, etc?

Truth is YES, we ARE all equal! I love and believe in that 100%, we are ALL reincarnated from past lives, however, some people are more in-tune with their past/future/now than others, and it is those who I believe, are the "old souls" or whatever we call it in this day and age.

I have been called one and I do consider it a compliment, however, EVERYONE is an old soul bc we are ALL very old if you think about it.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
please let me add something silly about the hunger games trilogy. A friend of mine told me about them. I read book 1 and 2, and before I read book 3 I talked specifically about certain scenes to my friend, we like to have discussions. Both of us confused, but she was certain it was book 3 I was talking about. I was like "impossible, I haven't even read it yet". She is certain I am psychic or there is "something" about me so she wasn't surprised. She is more certain than I am that I possess some sort of "gift". Come to find out, I was replaying in my head a scene from book 3. I knew it from a dream or something.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
you should stick to books that were written after you were born. That way they will always be new to you lol.

And when you die and join ATS in your next life, you will use the search function and realize you already posted about this 60 years ago.
And in turn only read books that were written after your...next..birth year? Lol jk

Crazy concept, but amazing if it worked.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
can you just get to the point ? past life is just that its the now that matters

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I had a "friend" cook I worked with at a restaurant...

anyways, he never listened to new music.. said there was way to much music that was never discovered in the past that never got it recognition so he only expanded his new music library on past musicians.

I thought it was crazy... at first. this I realized it was brilliant.

(currently listening to 40's psychadellic punk rock)

edit on 25-11-2015 by veracity because: to tell what i am currently listening to

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Yeah, yeah... we're all energy beings on some level, surprise, surprise, and all get info popping into our heads, at times, from unknown sources and are likely recycled, etc., etc., but... can you link the 1940's psychedelic punk rock, please?

That sounds like new info none of my past lives heard!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

If you have pandora, make a "the Monks" station.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join