It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Martian War: 1913-1917. Is the History Channel Offensive?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I hope not (again in my life):

Mates, so much for flower-power.

We nod and greet

In the army shower.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Personally i would rather live and have the luxury of watching my children grow to adulthood. The way the world is going there really is no differentiation between people or tribes. There is simply people who have and people who do not have, im sure you can deduce from that exactly who's the cannon fodder and who is playing the divide and conquer scenario to "There" advantage.

I always wonder how we seem to surmise or have the feeling that something bad is going to happen yet rarely seem to have the ability to do the opposite?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Oh yes, in SA we know.

Our lives as whites matter nought.
edit on 26-11-2015 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Yes, we all want children to grow up, and people to live.

But there's bad and good ideologies, and we sometimes must fight to defend our cultures and people.

And it is for the next generation.

I don't want them to live under fascism or Islamism, or Isis.
Do you?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I would say we already live under a type of fascist regime disguised as democracy. As to Islam it's just like any other religion, that being interlaced with control constructs so as to keep the status quo and the priest cast in power. IMHO all organised religion's are just as bad as one another.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

No - not to me.
Not even moderately Islamic countries allow openly gay men.

Although it will play a part, I think the next world war will also be far more complex.

Nevertheless, I like my Western Europe since the Enlightenment and end of World War II.

Nothing better on the planet, and everybody wants to flee there now.

They won't go to their own ideological dirt-holes.

I will defend it.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I live in the UK myself. Could not really care less as to one's sexuality or religious orientation but lets be fair Islam is hardly the only religion that has a problem with homosexuality. If there is a next world war it won't be about religion, it will be about resources or what's left of them. Don't get me wrong I'm no fan of Sharia law following nations. I just see organized religious practises as self serving.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Fair enough, but I find this astounding:

let's be fair Islam is hardly the only religion that has a problem with homosexuality

I mean really?
How many lgbt rights in Islamic countries, and never mind gay people thrown off buildings, and the general hate-speech.

I mean, not to knock all Muslims as homophobic, and some are a part of the lgbt community, but wow, what a statement.

Nevertheless blessings to you in the UK.

We're going a bit off topic here, and at the moment I have a lot to deal with.
Sorry if I'm not that sharp.

Thanks for many great posts and replies my friend.

edit on 26-11-2015 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Yes really im afraid. I completely agree that throwing people off buildings is beyond reproach, but in the past i think you will find that Christianity and other religious practices have perpetrated and committed similar acts of depravity towards not only people of the homosexual persuasion but rather a few other walks of life also. Its not pretty it is however historical fact, if there is such a thing.

All the best to you also mate, and my apologizes for wandering off topic.

edit on 27-11-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

No issues bro, and whether it was off-topic is debatable, because aliens can certainly be seen as metaphors for all kinds of invasions.
Hence my question whether the Martian flick is a kind of subliminal psy-op?
But those details would be better discussed when more people have seen the film.
I only realized it's still to premiere in many regions of the globe.

Yes, on homophobia you're also right, there's a lot of de facto homophobia, not just Islamic.
God help me if some Jewish, Christian, or even pagan and atheist homophobes had their way.
But in many Islamic countries the difference is it is de jure, or the law of the land, and not just the sentiments of a few fundamentalists.
But I also know some lgbt Muslim organizations are fighting a tough battle for our rights.
Power to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join