It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'TAKE What You NEED'---MUST SEE Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
WATCH this VIDEO...and ask yourself: Which of these people are truly in need?

www.dailymail.co.uk... ening-results.html

Would YOU take money you didn't need? Man walks round New York in a suit covered with cash, telling strangers to take what is 'needed' - with disheartening results

Coby Persin, 21, is a YouTube star known for his 'social experiments'

In his latest video, he tapes $1 bills all over a suit and walks around Manhattan with a sign telling passersby to take what they need

Several men in suits and women with designer bags stop and take money, with one saying she needs it for a ‘nail appointment’

A homeless man with a dog only takes $2 insists that's all he needs for food that day - and tells Coby to give the rest to others in need

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ening-results.html#ixzz3sWiXW9PV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

hope the people in the video see this and feel ashamed of themselves
except the homeless guy ,a lot of people need to take a long look at themselves.
brilliant video op

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

I thought the same thing.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Pretty sad video to watch.

The lady with the designer handbag taking money for a nail appointment was just disgusting. They all were really but, that one just made me turn red.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
At least he didn't get robbed, I know some places certain people would straight up rob him at gun point or worse. Truly shameful for some of those people however what a nice gesture for a very humble homeless person.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

It was sad to watch, but the homeless man (and Coby) at the end made me cry. I can't help but wonder how those people who took money when they didn't need it would characterize the homeless man... And there's no question as to whom I would rather hang out with.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
A lot of these "social experiments" today are set up with actors to get views and make the author of the video look good, not as honest social experiments. I'm not buying this to be honest, the people who walked up and took money weren't acting genuine IMO. A lot of these channels are being found out as fake, I don't think this one is any different, just pandering to his audience and making easy money off of YouTube.

Maybe I'm being cynical but I've been a bit disillusioned from these types of YouTube channels.
edit on 11/25/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

When I first heard of it, I was a bit cynical as well. When I actually saw it...I was convinced it was not contrived.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Can you really say you are surprised? Anyone in debt would need that money. Everyone I know would need that money. I'm trying to build up my credit for my first mortgage and I sure as hell need all that money, plus a whole lot more.

The homeless guy needed all that money, he was just being humble.

All the people in business suits actually did need all that money.

Everyone needs all that money.

The only thing that this social experiment proved was how bad our economy is. All our good jobs have been outsourced, our currency is fiat and has inflated into near uselessness, our taxes keep raising higher and higher, the top 1% wealthiest people own the majority of the wealth in our country, and the so-called "middle class" is only maintaining it's current way of life through credit and debt.

Seriously you hand out free money and wonder if anyone really needs it? Really?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

He should now counter that video by going to a small, relatively rural city/town and do the same thing. I bet the results would be polar opposites.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I would have picked every single bill off his suit counted the cash and put in right into my bank account. I need to pay the bills,need to eat, need gas, need entertainment, in short I need money all the time. Sure I earn money but he is giving it away.

I might just spend all the money on toilet paper because I need to wipe my @$$ when I take dump.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If I saw someone doing that, I'd hand them $50 and ask them to do it again next week... but the results around here would be a bum rush. First homeless guy he came across would take as much as they could get.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Tears...What a sad but true commentary on humanity. Speaks volumes as to why people with a good soul are at the mercy of those who care only for themselves.

This deserves more S&F than can be given.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

"You got a LV bag, do you really need this?" "Yeah, I got a nail appointment tomorrow."
Oh....

Homeless people has the biggest hearts.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I would say "This is why the aliens won't talk to us" but it seems more fitting to say "this is why the middle east wants to bomb us".

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Any time theres free money available, i always take as much as i can carry. My timeframe for "need" is pretty long and eventhough i make a decent living, every little bit helps. Id have taken every dollar off that suit. Since hes doing this as a "social experiment" he ought to have at least one person do that. I'll gladly be that one goofy data point.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hey, wasn't so bad! Most people took nothing. They show who took some, not the thousant that pass by asking nothing! It's not so bad!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If it really is true, not acting, then it's pretty damn sad. I agree with others in a different city or area may be different.

originally posted by: peskyhumans

Can you really say you are surprised? Anyone in debt would need that money. Everyone I know would need that money. I'm trying to build up my credit for my first mortgage and I sure as hell need all that money, plus a whole lot more.

The homeless guy needed all that money, he was just being humble.

All the people in business suits actually did need all that money.

Everyone needs all that money.

The only thing that this social experiment proved was how bad our economy is. All our good jobs have been outsourced, our currency is fiat and has inflated into near uselessness, our taxes keep raising higher and higher, the top 1% wealthiest people own the majority of the wealth in our country, and the so-called "middle class" is only maintaining it's current way of life through credit and debt.

Seriously you hand out free money and wonder if anyone really needs it? Really?

Well, if they feel they are doing okay as one mentioned they didn't need it or is they believe, as many do that the economy is doing great, then it boarders on greed to take it. That's because that could have went to someone who really needed it.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It made me cry as well and I am usually not one to cry.

OT - I have noticed a few things in my almost 40 years on this planet. Most of the poor people, struggling people, etc. are the ones who would give you their own last dollar and the shirt off their back. Why? Because they live it every day. They know what struggling feels like and would prefer less people do so if it is at all possible. They tend to leave the biggest tips as well.

I know I do.

I grew up struggling. I got married struggling. I still struggle on occasion now and know I will likely die doing the same thing. I wouldn't know how to function any differently. I think I am the majority and Thank God for that, or we would have more people like those seen in the video.

That's absolutely disgusting by any standard.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join