It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Free Man

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Having some drinks, and this song is for you bro.

Ten Years After - I'm Going Home.

edit on 25-11-2015 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
Thank you, soldier.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
After 4 years, 350 combat flight hours, 150 flight hours at home, 22,000 hours of maintenance, tragedies, happiness and learning to embrace the suck, I am finally done with the United States Army.

It was the best 4 years I could ask for.

And before the trolls start, Yes I am proud of my service, no I don't care about your political objections to it, no I don't care how you feel about it.

I hope you're not serious about doing 22,000 hours of maintenance. That's 62% of 4 years. Here's to a better work/life balance.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I'm 100% serious.

I currently have more maintenance hours on Blackhawks than anyone in my battalion. That said, if a task took me two days to do, I log those two days in hours. It's all about maintenance allocation tables. Ask any mechanic about it.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You're welcome. What do you intend to do with your life now?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You know I do remember you saying that you were going into the army,
those 4 years flew by fast!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

If that's not a reason to celebrate, I don't know what is. I'm sure those four years were anything but easy. I don't knkw you but chances are you've grown personally, mentally, emotionally and physically in a ways that only could manifest via serving the country.
God bless you for your service. While transitioning back into civilian life, please take some time to enjoy yourself. You definitely deserve it!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Welcome home!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Glad you returned safely and thank you and all your buds for the AWESOME job you do! Ignore the idiots...turn away from the big mouth hind-sighters and hold your head high. You have accomplished what far too many of us can't, won't or shouldn't. You should be proud!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Welcome home soldier and thank you for your service. NEVER listen to those who have not served, they simply can't understand what it is to give of yourself.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Thank you for your service. Now you and your family can breathe a little easier since you're home safe. I hope you can recover from your injury and wish you a happy future.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The most important jobs are always the thankless ones. I'm an ex-cop, so I'm technically not a veteran but I sure feel like it...urban warfare and all I guess. Lol!

So thank you for your dedication, congratulations and best of luck with your transition to the world of the civvies!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Congrats, welcome back.
You'll be working for Boeing soon making big big money.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Glad you made it back in one piece enjoy your freedom and make the most of it

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
And before the trolls start, Yes I am proud of my service, no I don't care about your political objections to it, no I don't care how you feel about it.

edit on 27-11-2015 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Hey two pages before one of you A holes showed up!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Oh crap, was he being a jerk to you? I gave him a star. (I just like giving people stars)

Retract the star! Retract the star!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

No I wasn't

Not sure why he reacted in that manner.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It is possible that projectvxn was assuming that you were posting an image of Cypher from The Matrix as a jibe.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Ok, whew. Keep the star! Keep the star! I saw a grinning guy and a thumbs up so I thought = good. But, as TrueBrit pointed out, maybe it was the character/actor himself that caused the confusion.

I don't blame OP for being defensive, so many people are disgruntled with military action and wasted time/money/effort on BS wars, it would be very easy for a small minded person to take that frustration out on a 'grunt'.

But obviously, everyone on this thread realizes that projectvxn didn't start the stupid 'war' (aka never ending military action) and no matter how retarded the brass may be, he still should be appreciated for his service.

Misunderstanding cleared up!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join