It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Puts Up Official Sign “WARNING” People Who Disagree with Him to LEAVE!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

The venom part is his telling people to leave before they even get into the town and has little to do with whether he believes fairy tales or not.

People in positions of authority should really keep this type of crap to themselves and I am sure there are rules and guidelines stating as such.

His position of authority does not grant him license whether or not he paid for the sign since he gets paid with taxpayer dollars anyway.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I like it but what will they say to a person that does not have the choice to leave?

Tell them to deal with it. That's what the PC crowd tells anyone that disagrees with them.

Separation from church and state is what so many say on ATS is one of the foundations the American constitution is based upon so he's effectively defacating on it. Deal with it, being sheriff doesn't allow you to try and impose your opinions on anyone else unless they are breaking a law.

Ah well, backward county I guess, surprised it isn't a reality show so those that enjoy such things can have a good laugh.

More people who dont understand that part of "Separation of Church and state"

That designates that the Gov cannot establish or mandate a religion

Not that you are free from seeing people practice it

(hands klenex)

It has been overly distorted throughout the years, and has now gotten to the point where God on the back of a vehicle actually offends some people to the point that they go into a fit of rage over it. I can remember when people used to mind their own business. Now they mind everyone elses, and there's nothing worse than a selfish "me first" person that minds everyone elses business in the process.

Read your last sentence again, isn't that exactly what the sign is saying? If you really don't think so then I guess you've already decided that anyone with a different opinion to yours isn't welcome......... your world I guess.

Wait, are you telling me that he's minding everyone elses business and only thinking of himself? I can see where anyone opposing his action would think he's thinking only of himself, but how is he minding someone elses business?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I wholeheartedly agree! I think you should do that.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

You don't think an "elected" official reflects the public/electorate...."crap"? I think I could think of a few "signs" you'd have no problems with.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: murphy22 the sheriff sounds like a nutter with some serious issues, he sounds dangerous with delusions of grandeur. I'd rather live somewhere more tolerant and less dictatorial, like North Korea.

Hear hear, well said

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I like it but what will they say to a person that does not have the choice to leave?

Tell them to deal with it. That's what the PC crowd tells anyone that disagrees with them.

Separation from church and state is what so many say on ATS is one of the foundations the American constitution is based upon so he's effectively defacating on it. Deal with it, being sheriff doesn't allow you to try and impose your opinions on anyone else unless they are breaking a law.

Ah well, backward county I guess, surprised it isn't a reality show so those that enjoy such things can have a good laugh.

Could be worse... He could have his guys killing blacks like the non "backward" counties up north, right?

I guess being told to deal with it is only good enough if it refers to a progressive ideology. Anyways, I'm just telling them to do what everyone does when they don't like something.

I think you are missing the point. If this is seen as an 'official' sign (don't shoot me, no, literally don't shoot me, I'm only going by the OP subject line) then it's wrong, plain wrong. He should respect other peoples opinions in his official role, what he thinks in his personal life is his business, close minded or not as long as he doesn't try and force his opinion on others.

I haven't missed any points. He's not telling people they can't have their own opinion. He's telling people that if that sign offends them to the point where they want him to remove it, then they can leave. The other option is to deal with it.

Anyways, I'm very certain that a group of people will be along soon to deface it while they cry about his intolerance.

He is saying if you don't agree with what he agrees with, then leave - fine if you are a fat retarded idiot, no one would pay any attention, but when you are also a sheriff, then it implies it's an official message from a retarded idiot, different thing entirely.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
you think i think ,that is what it comes down to, you want to impose your views and i want to impose my views.
if you win your a nazi and if i win i'm a nazi

none of us are right can you not see this , or we are both right why has everything got to be how you think i do not wish to think like you,you do not wish to think like me

as its only thinking we should all learn to stop crying a sign hurts no-one and thats the truth.

edit on 25-11-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: murphy22 the sheriff sounds like a nutter with some serious issues, he sounds dangerous with delusions of grandeur. I'd rather live somewhere more tolerant and less dictatorial, like North Korea.

Heh! Who would have thought telling someone to "deal with it" would have been such an easy way to rid the country of such a destructive gaggle of unAmerican people?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

More people who dont understand that part of "Separation of Church and state"

That designates that the Gov cannot establish or mandate a religion

Not that you are free from seeing people practice it

(hands klenex)

It has been overly distorted throughout the years, and has now gotten to the point where God on the back of a vehicle actually offends some people to the point that they go into a fit of rage over it. I can remember when people used to mind their own business. Now they mind everyone elses, and there's nothing worse than a selfish "me first" person that minds everyone elses business in the process.

Read your last sentence again, isn't that exactly what the sign is saying? If you really don't think so then I guess you've already decided that anyone with a different opinion to yours isn't welcome......... your world I guess.

Wait, are you telling me that he's minding everyone elses business and only thinking of himself? I can see where anyone opposing his action would think he's thinking only of himself, but how is he minding someone elses business?

errrr, ok, by telling them what opinions are acceptable to be voiced? Are you really missing that? When did an elected official get the right to do that?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien

originally posted by: Tyrion79
a reply to: alienjuggalo
Although I'm not disagreeing by what this message stands for, I don't think the authorities should express their opinions like this.
It's a very thin line that's being laid there.
In time it could go beyond what's acceptable.
I think the sheriff should keep his business with upholding the law only and not deter to given example.

*POST REMOVED BY STAFF*

Normally I would ignore such responses, however this is the second time I've seen one from you, specifically regarding me, without any common sense or responding into what I've said substantively.
If you at all care to debate me on anything, at least make an effort in doing so, other than this immature namecalling, which only shows your true immaturity.
edit on 11/25/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
a reply to: LSU0408

The venom part is his telling people to leave before they even get into the town and has little to do with whether he believes fairy tales or not.

People in positions of authority should really keep this type of crap to themselves and I am sure there are rules and guidelines stating as such.

His position of authority does not grant him license whether or not he paid for the sign since he gets paid with taxpayer dollars anyway.

Ok. Well if it makes you feel better, I would have donated my tax dollars to his cause. He didn't tell anyone to leave either, he just said if you don't like it and it hurts your feelings and you can't look at it, you can leave. I agree.

Edit: If I happened across a city or county, or parish, and saw a sign that I didn't like, I'd continue on my way and not worry at all that I disagreed with the town's leader. But that's just me. People that are offended by this sign are typically the same ones that are intimidated by the Confederate Flag.
edit on 25-11-2015 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

see my above post as i did it for a reason to show the double standard being applied here

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Could be worse... He could have his guys killing blacks like the non "backward" counties up north, right?

I guess being told to deal with it is only good enough if it refers to a progressive ideology. Anyways, I'm just telling them to do what everyone does when they don't like something.

I think you are missing the point. If this is seen as an 'official' sign (don't shoot me, no, literally don't shoot me, I'm only going by the OP subject line) then it's wrong, plain wrong. He should respect other peoples opinions in his official role, what he thinks in his personal life is his business, close minded or not as long as he doesn't try and force his opinion on others.

I haven't missed any points. He's not telling people they can't have their own opinion. He's telling people that if that sign offends them to the point where they want him to remove it, then they can leave. The other option is to deal with it.

Anyways, I'm very certain that a group of people will be along soon to deface it while they cry about his intolerance.

He is saying if you don't agree with what he agrees with, then leave - fine if you are a fat retarded idiot, no one would pay any attention, but when you are also a sheriff, then it implies it's an official message from a retarded idiot, different thing entirely.

No, lol, he's not. He's saying that if it offends you and you can't handle it, leave. I don't see anything wrong with it, but I'm also a fan of political incorrectness. I loathe PC.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

see my above post as i did it for a reason to show the double standard being applied here

What double standard are you refering to in regard to my previous post?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408 I'm British, and choose not to live in a facist Idiocracy like America. We don't have sheriffs here laying the law down like Yosemite Sam, forcing patriotism and conformity on citizens. Like your hero sheriff of Hicksville

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

you think i think ,that is what it comes down to, you want to impose your views and i want to impose my views.
if you win your a nazi and if i win i'm a nazi

none of us are right can you not see this , or we are both right why has everything got to be how you think i do not wish to think like you,you do not wish to think like me

as its only thinking we should all learn to stop crying a sign hurts no-one and thats the truth.

I approve that philosophy.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I don't see what the issue is. The OP seemed to like the sign. The only people here that seem to have a problem are the "progressive" types. I don't see any words or hidden messages in the sign at all. Kinda like "Stay off the grass" in this county. So? Stay off the grass. He's an "elected" LEO. I'll sure he represents the locality, just fine! Seem like good folks to me. God bless e'm! Unlike most LEOs he can be fired. I'm sure the locals will handle it.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

you where stating what you think and why it should not be there,
but the world is not just your world their are others that do not want to think like you.
and it is just a sign it can not hurt you in any way yet you protest the sign.
why?

what is so wrong in your mind that you must say it should not be this way.
its a case of you think ,i think
in life a sign is unimportant .

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

We were British once. Just once. And now we have Sheriffs. Funny how that works.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Apparently the Game Warden's voicemail is classic too, something about don't waste our time if you hear gun fire or see people walking around with rifles.

It is a rural county full of hunters and outdoorsman.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join