It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Puts Up Official Sign “WARNING” People Who Disagree with Him to LEAVE!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The sheriff in Harris county GA. has put up a sign warning people that are PC to just leave, and he paid for it out of his own pocket..

I gotta say I laughed when I saw the sign because I am fine with it lol.

wrbl.com...

ARRIS COUNTY, Ga. – A new sign outside of the Harris County Sheriff’s Office is causing quite a stir.

After posting it this morning, Sheriff Mike Jolley has since received hundreds of emails, Facebook comments, and other forms of feedback.

This sign posted right in front of the sheriff’s office reads:

WARNING: Harris County is politically incorrect. We say: Merry Christmas, God Bless America, and in God We Trust. We salute our troops and our flag. If this offends you… LEAVE!
The sheriff decided to post it because he says we have a ‘silent majority’ in America that agrees with this statement and that majority needs to start speaking out, but he says it’s only a matter of time before the negative feedback comes

I love it..

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Good on him for paying for it himself. Cant pull the old tax dollar card now lol.

a reply to: alienjuggalo

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

That's pretty funny. lol

Kind of sad too though...this is what's its come to in the land of the free and all.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
That's great!

I have family there.

Apparently the Game Warden's voicemail is classic too, something about don't waste our time if you hear gun fire or see people walking around with rifles.

It is a rural county full of hunters and outdoorsman.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Thank GOD for the South eh?
at least [they've] been warned.. lol

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I like it but what will they say to a person that does not have the choice to leave?

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I have no problem with ANYTHING that sign says. We're free to have our opinions. I'm not at all offended by his opinions.

What bothers me are the possible implications of posting this sign on the Sheriff's Office. What is he really saying with this sign? For example, would he be so open to someone saying... "I don't believe in God, so I don't celebrate Christmas or pray, and I think In God We Trust should be removed from future coins. I don't admire the troops, simply because they joined, and the flag is symbolism - a piece of cloth." Or would those comments be just a little too "politically incorrect", for even the sheriff to accept with a smile?

Can I assume this sheriff's personal feelings about any other issue? Like women's rights, minority rights, immigration reform or marriage equality? Would he support my constitutionally-protected rights if I don't agree with his outlook?

My second thought is... Who is "we" on the sign? Does this really represent the people of the entire county and are they OK with this sign on a government building? ... See where this is going? If we follow the story, he may be hearing from the actual silent minority in his town who think this sign is going too far. I say watch this space. I don't think I'd like it if our sheriff displayed such a sign outside the Sheriff's Office here. Because these really are the sheriff's opinions, unless he has special permission to speak for the whole county. Even then, not sure it's a very bright thing to do.

Lastly, I don't think a "silent majority" agrees with him. I think it's probably more like a very vocal minority. That 25-35% of Americans who are now slated to vote for... Donald Trump. And this Sheriff is likely one of those people who's been emboldened by Trump's candidacy, to take his feelings to the public and rub them in its face.
edit on 11/25/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Sounds about right from that side.

We disagree with what you are saying and we want to be able to tell you to go to hell and tell what we think and attack you as much as possible.

You disagree what we are saying leave..no discussion.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Of course there would be redneck zealot bull# put on a sign down there in the land of people who don't know how to act, accusing everyone else but their homies of not knowing how to act.

Georgia is a joke.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I like it but what will they say to a person that does not have the choice to leave?

Maybe they can grow a mohawk and start a punk band, tell everyone to stick it and trash the town square with a giant mosh pit.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

This could easily be seen as religious coercion by an elected official. Coming from a sheriff, it would reasonably strike fear into non-Christians and give them doubt about getting fair treatment by the law in that county. I wonder how many non-Christians in that county are ordering Christian bumper stickers...

Personally, since he paid for it himself, I wouldn't complain. I would just move as soon as possible.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Very well said, and that was my first question, too. I also have no problems with any of those sentiments, except maybe the use of religious wording on the secular coin of the country, but meh.

But will this Sheriff also be open to Happy Chanukah? Happy Ramadan? Will they be welcoming of solid, patriotic Americans who happen to be Muslim or Sikh? Or Atheist? Somehow, I am a bit skeptical that he would.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Remember: If they intimidate, it is called "religious freedom". If you defend yourself, it is called "persecution".

Why do you have to persecute all these gawd-fearing Christians, Benevolent? All they are trying to do is make it clear who they will exercise their religious freedom on.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
The sheriff in Harris county GA. has put up a sign warning people that are PC to just leave, and he paid for it out of his own pocket..

wrbl.com...

ARRIS COUNTY, Ga. – A new sign outside of the Harris County Sheriff’s Office is causing quite a stir.

After posting it this morning, Sheriff Mike Jolley has since received hundreds of emails, Facebook comments, and other forms of feedback.

WARNING: Harris County is politically incorrect. We say: Merry Christmas, God Bless America, and in God We Trust. We salute our troops and our flag. If this offends you… LEAVE!
The sheriff decided to post it because he says we have a ‘silent majority’ in America that agrees with this statement and that majority needs to start speaking out, but he says it’s only a matter of time before the negative feedback comes

I love it..

'Start speaking out' and 'silent' is not how I would assess this 'majority'.
edit on 25-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I didn't realize that I was supposed to salute troops or flags when I walked by them? I need to start practicing a good salute.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

This sign posted right in front of the sheriff’s office reads: WARNING: Harris County is politically incorrect. We say: Merry Christmas, God Bless America, and in God We Trust. We salute our troops and our flag. If this offends you… LEAVE! The sheriff decided to post it because he says we have a ‘silent majority’ in America that agrees with this statement and that majority needs to start speaking out, but he says it’s only a matter of time before the negative feedback comes

Would that sign make it a No Go Zone?

I am sorry. I couldn't help myself

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The first amendment says he can't enforce that venom he spews.

Anybody gonna hold him accountable?.

NOPE.
edit on 25-11-2015 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

wrbl.com...

I love it..

Every Sheriff that feels this way should do it... Nobody likes a loud squeaky wheel.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Tell them to deal with it. That's what the PC crowd tells anyone that disagrees with them.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I did not know that.

All I ever hear from them is waa waa waa

I was never able to decipherer their message...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join