It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia wants anti-IS alliance with US.Sorry doomsdayers .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

TBA
Russia is prepared to "create a joint staff" to fight Islamic State in which Moscow would work with France, the United States and even Turkey, the Russian ambassador to France says.

Sorry to those that think one jet is going to end the world .

Russia is prepared to "create a joint staff" to fight Islamic State in which Moscow would work with France, the United States and even Turkey, the Russian ambassador to France says.

Me thinks that the Russians have thought this through and have decided that they can turn the downing of their fighter into a major PR exercise .

He told Europe 1 radio that despite rising tensions after Turkey downed a Russian military jet on Tuesday, "if the Turks want to be in (the joint staff) as well, they are welcome".

Well played Russia . And here is the kicker .

But Obama cautioned that US forces could only work with Russian forces if Moscow concentrated its bombing in Syria on Islamic State jihadists, and not on other rebel groups opposed to Moscow's ally, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

So Russia throws out an olive branch and it pretty much forces Obama on to the back foot . Opening statement mister Obama , they said IS .

I doubt anyone here thinks that uncle Vlad is a fool , tyrant maybe , but certainly no fool . Where does the US go from here . Thoughts ATS .
www.9news.com.au...

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I think the world needs a great leader be it from U.S, U.K or even Russia, I think this could be a unifying moment and help focus our mission so that we aren't bombing ghosts. I think people who wish for the end of the world are treasonous to man kind and often follow one of the major death cults.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Hi Hutch,

I think Obama will stall this proposal by Putin, e.g. Get rid of Assad and we'll contemplate joining you. Now, I tend to think that if Assad is removed so will be the Russian authority particularly if a US backed leader is appointed in his place. I can't see Vlad falling for this so I guess he'll continue on regardless.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Putin has been playing this card since the beginning of his involvement in Syria. In fact, I think he is the best leader the world has ever ignored as far as this situation is concerned. And our leaders need to start dialogue with him.

After many hours of research I have come to understand the Russian view on the world scene and it actually makes a lot more sense than the muddy half truths we are told by our western leaders in attempts to hide the sordid truth.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Why is Putin a tyrant?

I do not agree even slightly with that statement. If we compare U.S aggression to Russia's in the last twenty years we will clearly see who the tyrant in the world is. U.S democracy is only skin deep.

Yet how can Russia just allow their ally Assad's enemies to continue to fight him? They will not be capitulating and saying Ohhh we will leave Assad alone. The U.S, too, want Assad's head on a platter.

Is Russia about to stop their military support of Assad? The U.S will surely be continuing to support non IS Assad's enemies. The Arabs are very clever. They will pretend to be other factions when necessary if it helps them to live and fight another day. The IS are very capable of mingling into the civilian crowd as we know.

So if Russia do this they are effectively ending their military support of Assad against these particular enemies that the U.S is friendly to. Thus, the U.S can make these factions strong with the billions Obama has put aside for their rainy day.

To date, the U.S is irritated with Putin because he has been bombing resources paid for by U.S dollars. Yes, my American chums...your #ing tax dollars.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

If this reporting is accurate i dont think Obama has much room to manoeuvre , well without losing face .

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I do not agree even slightly with that statement.

So none of his political opponents have met with somewhat suspicious deaths . OK .

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

True one, but I tend to believe Obama will stall . Either way he is going to lose face and I ponder what strategy he will otherwise propose to Putin in the meantime.

Putin isn't stalling.

Regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
The Russian plan seems to be to work together with the west against ISIS, and achieve some purely Russian aims in the area under cover of that.
E'.g. it appears that they were also attacking a group which is not ISIS and which Turkey rather likes.
They are not going to allow a mild rebuff on that side of things to divert them from the main plan.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Let's hope that Obama relents on this one. There is a common enemy. One which that doesn't play favorites. IS has made threats to anyone and everyone. They need a serious ass kicking and quickly. Once they're gone, we can get on with politics as usual - Obama leading from behind.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
This doesn't change anything. Merely lip service to the masses.

For starters, it seems pretty well reported that Russia wasn't dropping sorties on IS but rather Syrian Rebels and Turkmen (possibly). It was reported in both Russia and the West that IS controls no territory in that area.

It seems to me Russia was targeting the so called "moderate" or anti-Assad forces which Turkey feels obligated to protect.

Now Russia says "let's build a coalition!" Knowing full well that our end goal and their end goal differ greatly. Russia will not stop bombing moderates I suspect, not after this incident at least. And NATO will not work with Russia if Russia doesn't stop bombing moderates. Quite the pickle.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I don't understand why everyone thinks Russia has the ball and Obama is hiding here. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't care much for Obama, but I'm not stupid enough to think he's the worst president ever. Infact he's far from it...mock me all you want there, it's not incorrect.

Obama actually has a gem of a moment in foreign policy right now. If Russia is coming to the US for a coalition, the ONLY way a coalition will be formed will be under US terms. AKA no rebel allies get bombed. Major win for the Obama administration in my opinion. Russia will have to either agree or remain in the current situation.

Russia currently is pushing NATO, testing boundaries, like they feel NATO always does to them. Game change, NATO just downed a Russian jet. Most likely the radar reports will show the Russians invaded Turkish airspace and ignored warnings, since a pilot survived it will likely be blamed on comms malfunctions.

Russia will increase air defense in the area, NATO will increase drone usage.

This could be the deal Obama strikes with the Russians - Russia US coalition formed. ISIS will be annihilated, rebels will form sectoral governments, Assad is removed, Russia and US form the transitional government.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
I don't understand why everyone thinks Russia has the ball and Obama is hiding here. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't care much for Obama, but I'm not stupid enough to think he's the worst president ever. Infact he's far from it...mock me all you want there, it's not incorrect.

Obama actually has a gem of a moment in foreign policy right now. If Russia is coming to the US for a coalition, the ONLY way a coalition will be formed will be under US terms. AKA no rebel allies get bombed. Major win for the Obama administration in my opinion. Russia will have to either agree or remain in the current situation.

Russia currently is pushing NATO, testing boundaries, like they feel NATO always does to them. Game change, NATO just downed a Russian jet. Most likely the radar reports will show the Russians invaded Turkish airspace and ignored warnings, since a pilot survived it will likely be blamed on comms malfunctions.

Russia will increase air defense in the area, NATO will increase drone usage.

This could be the deal Obama strikes with the Russians - Russia US coalition formed. ISIS will be annihilated, rebels will form sectoral governments, Assad is removed, Russia and US form the transitional government.

imitation of Russian propagandist: "Is Lie! Everyone knows Obama has no balls!"

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

For starters, it seems pretty well reported that Russia wasn't dropping sorties on IS but rather Syrian Rebels and Turkmen (possibly).

True . But if they have made a statement to the world that under a coalition targeting Isis , well i dont see how they can deviate from that . Now once Isis is gone or no longer a functioning group , well then things might change . And i am pretty sure the politics behind Assad and his reign will be worked out well before then .

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

But what is different now than before? Before this incident Putin says "give me your Intel" the west says "haha, um no, you'll bomb our rebels".

Putin goes off and bombs the rebels anyway. Putin says "see, you guys never told me you had assets there" (reported in RT this morning).

Putin goes on to say "Hey, let's build a coalition, give me your Intel"

Lol oh the dangerous games everyone is playing.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

It's the perfect win/win for the US. This pipeline is about our last venture in the ME (unless my research fails me).

Remember those talks overheard between Obama and Putin about having more power in the 2nd term? Did you really think those "powers" would be played out in the beginning of the administration? Silly you if you thought yes.

This is nothing more than a calculation. Call the Obama administration as stupid as you want but choke down this next bit.

Trump is either going to be the next US president, OR, ruin it for the GOP and hand the DNC the election.

Clinton WILL be the DNC nominee

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

But what is different now than before?

The difference this times is that it not the broad umbrella statement , rebels . This time it is a specific group .

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Why is Putin a tyrant?

I do not agree even slightly with that statement.

Perhaps if you were a loud gay black liberal poet who wrote a poem critical of Putin's politics, and is now suffering the consequences in Siberia, for life, in prison, your Perspective might just be... 'slightly'... enlarged? *__-

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Obama needs to give up his protection of the Syrian rebels. The Syrian rebels are supported by Al Qaida and ISIS. I'm beginning to wonder whose side Obama is on.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
I think people who wish for the end of the world are treasonous to man kind and often follow one of the major death cults.

Exactly. The three major religions of "peace" sure have an unhealthy preoccupation for the end of the world. They have checked out long ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join