It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give it to God? Wtf does that mean? It doesn't work. I've tried numerous times. We're parasites

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Maybe you are misunderstanding the connection that is supposed to be made. God is love. When you experience love in your life that is God flooding your presence. Trials, hardships, and mental anguish are simply part of change. The way they make you feel is a matter of your perception of these events.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

If I don't feel like taking responsibility for beating my wife should I just give that to God because I can't handle the psychological ramifications of that action? I understand what your saying but how far do you take that logic?

I suppose you could use it that way and I'm sure you wouldn't be the first person to do so. However, the major difference is that "beating your wife" isn't something out of your control. You have full control over that kind of action so if you're doing it you can change it. Giving your problems over to God is more to do with problems that you have no control over.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
To cut to the chase: there is something wrong about the way you see God or your expectations of Him. Keep asking and knocking. Be willing to accept the answer. And btw, platitudes piss me off too.

edit on 25/11/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Dude just re read this And comprehended further. How the heck has ATS accumulated so many great people. You, cool being only confuse me further. As in, why do wonderful people waste their time with me?
edit on 26-11-2015 by GoShredAK because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
To cut to the chase: there is something wrong about the way you see God or your expectations of Him. Keep asking and knocking. Be willing to accept the answer. And btw, platitudes piss me off too.

The only way this thread can carry on is if so member comes along and lists as many platitude statements as possible and we all examine the legitimacy of each. Otherwise were About done, as per the usual.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Let go and let God

The Lord works in mysterious ways

Sometimes He calms the storm, sometimes He calms the child

God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

God has a great plan for your life

Smile, Jesus loves you

Every one of those statements is absolutely correct. But the problem with platitudes is not that they aren't correct, it's that someone gives them to you to brush you off, to get rid of you. If they really cared, they would stick around and show you how that statement applies to your life or situation, get right down to the details of what you are going through and keep talking with you till you saw the light of what they were saying. That takes time, most people are not willing to give up time for others.
edit on 26/11/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Thanks for the encouragement. Ya know. I was feeling positive about the day, this morning when I first read this. I was of the mindset of today I'm gonna get things done.

Now tonight as I finally reply I'm looking back. I have accomplished what I set out for, and three particular divine things seemed to fall into place.

I don't want to count my chickens before the eggs hatch, but it'll be Interesting to see if I can keep this momentum going.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I don't know what is the story but I keep checking in .. your calm makes me calm .. glad you sharing your head space the replies also .. it just shows that people care for no reason it's nice

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

keep checking in .. your calm makes me calm .. ..

This was awesome to read, pretty cool.

shows that people care for no reason it's nice

I've been noticing that too, it is really nice and trips me out kind of.

Ill be sure to come back here until I'm finally where I wanna be.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Just realized I sort of abandoned this subject and it's only fair I provide an update for the participants.

My acute anxiety is still waxing and waning but for the most part, I'm doing awesome!

We've been doing wholesome things, made proper steps towards a better life. I'm sober.

I've literally watched positivity manifest in my life over the course of a few days. I attribute this to God rewarding faith and right choices.

As far as kicking benzos, I'm still tapering but am on the weakest one made at the lowest dose and days away from being 100% pharma (and other stuff!) free, thank God.

Staying in shape, eating healthy, slowing gearing up for another go in the cage. I never admitted it (only a few people may even know what I'm referring to here) but I was 150 In that fight, in the midst of this bad chapter of life, and just utterly unprepared.

Now, how I should be, I'm basically dependency free and walking around at a healthy lean 165 lbs. The real me.

My next MMA Bout, win or lose, will paint a much different picture.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I have a much better understanding of what this means at this point in my life.

It's all about surrendering your self will and getting out of the driver seat.

When we try to assume power with the notion that we know what's best, self will runs riot.

When we honestly seek God's will for us and ask him to direct our thoughts and use us as vessels for his plan a powerful connection is formed and life becomes meaningful.

When you surrendering your will to God's he will place you where you need to be and when you need to be there.

Along with this comes a sense of peace and meaning. Far less worries with a sense that everything will always work out as long as we constantly seek his will and harness the opportunities that he leads you into.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Give it to God, means to not worry. It means to give up the stress and fear.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." - John 14:27

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." - Matthew 6:34

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
When we honestly seek God's will for us and ask him to direct our thoughts and use us as vessels for his plan a powerful connection is formed and life becomes meaningful.

When you surrendering your will to God's he will place you where you need to be and when you need to be there.

Do you have any specific methodology to tell the difference between your will and God's will? You already mentioned someone in the OP who has thousands of years of experience in manipulating the minds of men (as in mankind) so they tend to confuse the 2 or get a wrong impression of what God's will is. I wouldn't underestimate him (regarding his ability to deceive you as well, giving you a false impression both regarding God's identity and nature or attributes, as well as God's will including what God wants from you or anyone who wishes to worship Him and become His servant).

What Is God’s Will?

...and it is God’s will that all people learn about that Kingdom and his purpose for us.—Psalm 37:11, 29; Isaiah 9:7.

God wants us to benefit ourselves.

...(Isaiah 48:17, 18)...

God wants us to walk in his paths.

The Bible says that our Creator wants to “instruct us about his ways” so that we can “walk in his paths.” (Isaiah 2:2, 3) He has organized “a people for his name” to make his will known throughout the earth.—Acts 15:14.

What Is the Will of God for My Life?

The Bible’s answer

God’s will is that you come to know him as a Person, draw close to him, and then love and serve him with your whole heart. (Matthew 22:37, 38; James 4:8) You can learn how to do God’s will from the life and teachings of Jesus. (John 7:16, 17) Jesus didn’t just talk about the will of God—he lived it. In fact, Jesus said that his purpose in life was “"to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me."”—John 6:38.

edit on 24-3-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I guess one way to differentiate your own will from God's is to check your motives.

Are you doing things that'll benefit you?

When you do what is right are you acting in altruism or are you expecting some sort of reward?

Check your motives.

Usually living in God's will is stepping out of your comfort zone. Acting on self will is usually the easier way to go.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join