It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Reports of shots fired and hostages in Roubaix, France.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Serious question....
Are armed bank robberies a big thing in France?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It seems to me that criminals are more likely to use ak-47 than in other neighbouring countries.
There are often reports (mostly in Marseille) of drug-related rivalries involving kalashnikovs.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke
Thank you!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbloke

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: HumanPLC

My thoughts are once again with the victims, I hope this is handled fast and as stated not a repeat of before.

Putin-"To forgive the terrorists is up to god, to send them to him is up to me."

Not to sound offensive, but do you actually mean that? I keep on hearing thoughts and prayers are with the victims?
How many times have you thought about the victims of Charlie hebdo past month? Or this week about the victims of the Paris attack.

If people don't do it, why keep on saying it.

Hope they blow the mofos up.

I don't know about most here, but for me, I probably think about them every time I come here.

Things have turned freaky today with the Russian plane being shot down and reports of one of the pilots being killed. A report I saw tonight suggested that it was in Turkish airspace for around 17 seconds, each time it did a loop. It didn't say how many loops. The Turks are claiming they warned the Russians 21 times in five minutes.

God forsaken Syria of all places, I remember being told as a kid that WWIII would start in the M.E.

Europe needs to get this guy and bring him to trial, send hm to prison for a very long time, he'd hate it. Why do you think he didn't detonate his suicide vest?
edit on 24/11/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

A hostage situation is taking place Avenue Delory in Roubaix.
The city mayor, regional Préfet and ... RAID intervention team are onsite.
The neighbours are asked to stay locked at home.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
It's not terror related according to the news I'm watching channel 4 uk. I heard a rumour it was a bank robbery caught up by the police.

I guess anything kicking off in France will now be considered a terrorist attack until proven otherwise. The MSM broke with a Reuters story of hostages and gunshots, you can guess the rest.

I was always told that we fought for democracy and the right to vote over wars?

I guess in reality we vote for wars? That's democracy!!

edit on 24/11/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Seems like the robbers have all been arrested, and there is no longer a hostage situation.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavmas
a reply to: Belgianbloke

Well I feel sorry for innocent people caught up in this, but France I hate that country, I was in France in 1982 when we were at war with Argentina, and they were supplying Argentina with misslies and treated us like dirt. This is France, our European Union Neighbour and friend.

Only five of the missiles, manufactured by France’s Aerospatiale, had been delivered before the invasion of the islands on April 2 1982. Of the five one was used in training, one was left.
The French president also spoke to Margaret Thatcher to tell her that Peru was looking to buy exocets.
There were attempts to smuggle more missiles into Argentina on the black market, Swissair was supposed to be involved, but too late I think. It's probably too strong to say that the French government were involved in that.
However Israel did supply weapons in that war, and also used Peru.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbloke

originally posted by: TechniXcality

My thoughts are once again with the victims, I hope this is handled fast and as stated not a repeat of before.

Putin-"To forgive the terrorists is up to god, to send them to him is up to me."

Not to sound offensive, but do you actually mean that? I keep on hearing thoughts and prayers are with the victims?
How many times have you thought about the victims of Charlie hebdo past month? Or this week about the victims of the Paris attack.

If people don't do it, why keep on saying it.

Hope they blow the mofos up.

It is an expression designed to show suppprt and sympathy... is it rhetorical? In most cases probably, like most expressions in human langauge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join