It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald trump. Was he wrong about dancing muslims in new jersey?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
We have all seen th evideo of dancing in the streets in the middle eastern countries but what about in the US itself? Some witness reports would seem to say yeah there were some bu tnot thousands. the following link is most likely biased but its for illustration.

site claims trump lying about dancing muslims on 9-11

HEre is where the story takes a turn though. The washington post has a story IN ITS ARCHIVES that would prove Trumps story true(to a point not thousands in NJ) but they have intentionally not looked there apparently. bias in media? say it aint so! anyway ATS what say you?
edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: url messed up

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
To be honest? Probably. If for no other reason than that I seriously doubt anybody that can walk and chew bubblegum at the same time would be that stupid.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I say there were definitely some Muslims in America celebrating after 9/11. It wasn't a huge number, but Trumps not wrong. The problem Trump has is that his views don't fit the 'official' narrative.

I suppose I don't really care one way or the other, but I do appreciate that Trump is willing to shake things up. I would rather he be wrong than another boring candidate.

link   

Could you give us some background on what Trump said here as well as what you are trying to prove? Plus your link isn't active.

link   
There were two distinct instances of this I recall from all the discussions in the aftermath of 9/11:

The "middle-eastern" looking men, with a white van, seen video-taping 9/11 and dancing afterwards.
The Five Dancing Israelis Arrested On 9-11
Dancing Israelis
It was implied on conspiracy sites like ATS they were of Israeli origin.

Then there was the CNN claim of Palestinians dancing in the streets after 9/11:
CNN used old footage to fake images of 'Palestinians dancing in the street' after the terrorist attack on the USA.
However the footage was from 1991, not 2001.

So in both cases all the rumors floating around after 9/11 seemed to come from these two claims. I make no claim as to whether even these two claims were true or false, only that they were everywhere on the Web at that time. There was never anything like what Trump is claiming, that thousands of middle-eastern men were dancing in the streets of New Jersey.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I say there were definitely some Muslims in America celebrating after 9/11. It wasn't a huge number, but Trumps not wrong. The problem Trump has is that his views don't fit the 'official' narrative.

I suppose I don't really care one way or the other, but I do appreciate that Trump is willing to shake things up. I would rather he be wrong than another boring candidate.

So honesty is not a consideration for you in the President (or in this case, potential President) of the United States?

What was your issue with Obama and Clinton again? Beside their political party, natch.

In my opinion, what Trump said, while utterly absurd and with no basis in fact, is exactly what most right-wingers want to hear. His blatant lies are in fact "politics as usual" on the Right. In my opinion.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yes completely wrong. And he knows it. What Trump realizes is that in a highly media-intense public role you can say anything you want and even if it is proved false, there is rarely any real accountability as a result. Once the statement is out there --- no matter how outrageous --- it stays out there and people will perpetuate it. Kinda like an attorney making some outrageous statement in court and having opposing counsel object and then withdrawing the statement --- knowing full-well that it's in the jury's heads.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
The washington post has a story IN ITS ARCHIVES that would prove Trumps story true(to a point not thousands in NJ) but they have intentionally not looked there apparently. bias in media?

Here's the Washington Post story reported by MSNBC... Have you intentionally not looked ANYWHERE for the story?

HERE

The story says there were a "number of people allegedly celebrating". Definitely not "thousands and thousands of people"... The writer of the Post article doesn't recall thousands of people...

Donald is a HUGE liar and a racist bigot. He gives the bigots in the country justification to express their bigotry. Congratulations, GOP voting base.
edit on 11/24/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Plus your link isn't active.

My link has a video of Trump's lies. Here's the link from the original post - www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...
edit on 11/24/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Trump should check his sources before he flaps his lips. He also said he watched people jumping from the towers from his New York apartment window. Yet his apartment building is 4 miles away! He's like the National Enquirer grabbing the attention of those people who like news that shocks and exaggerates, but has no truth.

Maybe he should print off bumper stickers that say "Enquiring minds vote Trump."

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Donald is a HUGE liar and a racist bigot.

First off religion has nothing to do with RACE.

Neither does someone violating us immigration laws because they don't think laws should apply to them.

And yeah there were 'muslims' celebrating 9-11 just as they were when Paris was attacked.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Neo, that response is disingenuous in the least. We all heard about the people with the white van allegedly celebrating. But that is a FAR cry from Trump's repeated statements that he personally saw 'thousands upon thousands' celebrating in Jersey City. That scenario doesn't even come close to being even remotely possible. Unless they were all grouped together in a stadium how could anyone see 'thousands upon thousands' doing anything? Multiple Jersey City officials have repeatedly stated it didn't happen. It didn't. And he knows it. Were there people celebrating? Of course. With any tragedy that happens there is always some small number of sociopaths that take pleasure in it. But this is BS start to finish.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Neo, that response is disingenuous in the least.

Why?

Because a bunch of RIGHT WING qu'ran thumpers clinging to their guns, and religion wouldn't do that ?

Yeah they would.
edit on 24-11-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No. Because Donald Trump is making a statement of fact underscored with personal testimony that is entirely untrue.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The story about Muslims celebrating the fall of the towers was from someone calling in and reporting they saw them. There was no video at all. Trump is a liar with a very hot daughter.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: yuppa
The washington post has a story IN ITS ARCHIVES that would prove Trumps story true(to a point not thousands in NJ) but they have intentionally not looked there apparently. bias in media?

Here's the Washington Post story reported by MSNBC... Have you intentionally not looked ANYWHERE for the story?

HERE

The story says there were a "number of people allegedly celebrating". Definitely not "thousands and thousands of people"... The writer of the Post article doesn't recall thousands of people...

Donald is a HUGE liar and a racist bigot. He gives the bigots in the country justification to express their bigotry. Congratulations, GOP voting base.

I said in my OP that it wasnt MANY if at all celebrating. the washington post had a litle blurb about jersey police arrested 5 people (alleggedly) who were celebrating the attack.

Other than that i havent found anything else,but they washington post did write it,and didnt admit they did.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
The story about Muslims celebrating the fall of the towers was from someone calling in and reporting they saw them. There was no video at all. Trump is a liar with a very hot daughter.

Well then CNN needs to delete their video footage of th e celebrations in th e middle east then.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Trump should check his sources before he flaps his lips. He also said he watched people jumping from the towers from his New York apartment window. Yet his apartment building is 4 miles away! He's like the National Enquirer grabbing the attention of those people who like news that shocks and exaggerates, but has no truth.

Maybe he should print off bumper stickers that say "Enquiring minds vote Trump."

well im not saying trump is always truthful(just liek the enquirer lol) but theres incidents worldwide of them celbrating the attack.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: damwel

I agree. Trump is a liar and his daughter is smoking hot. Smoking hot.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

My family and I WATCHED this on the local news, now I am not just talking Fox news
I am talking CBS.. NBC.... They reported and showed video of people dancing and chanting in middle of the streets in the towns of Paterson N.J. and in the near by town of Totawa N.J. along with Passic N.J. WE saw this aired so he's telling the truth as to what was aired on the news. I don't know anything about roof top parties or if it was in the thousands or hundreds. We were so disturbed by this it will always stick in my mind and the hearts of my family.
He's not lying. I don't know if the news fabricated what they were showing, but hey how are we supposed to know what really happened you take it for what you see.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join