It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Protesters Were Just Shot by White Supremacists

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I, for one, am not happy this was the outcome thus far. I had hoped, in a way, that the evidence would show that these were just some silly kids out pranking people that got in over their head.

Unfortunately, and chillingly, it turns out every part of it was probably planned and executed, if the charges are true.

It seems likely that there have been confessions on the part of some of the alleged assailants, or strong evidence based on the commentary of the prosecutor.

These young men are innocent until proven guilty, but if these charges are true, this is NOT A GOOD TREND.
edit on 30-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Gryphon66

It was always understandable. I don't think any protesters punched anyone either, no audio so can't tell for sure but to me it looked like someone was pushing their phone down, not punching. These four are clearly thugs who caused the entire thing and intentionally.

Also, strong evidence exists that the motivation on the part of the shooter/rioters was essentially racially motivated/White Supremacist.
[snipped]

YEah I can admit when i was wrong. I just liek to give people the benefit of the doubt until the details emerge. I told you i would reserve judgement until MOnday and so its monday and it appears the morons are going to get put in jail. SO be it.

Although this could be a case of the prosecutors office thinking of election and using this to get the black vote. Its funny the guys would turn themselves in and not run out the state. Then again criminals arent exactly smart.
edit on Mon Nov 30 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You weren't the poster I had in mind when I made that comment, and it was very likely ill-considered when I did. Certainly didn't mean to rub anyone's face in it, at any rate.

It seems rather unlikely that the prosecutor would stake his career on such a high-profile case if the evidence wasn't sound, but, anything is possible.

I just don't want to see these situations keep ratcheting up ... at some point, we have to start working on our problems together. Now folks will be seeing White Supremacists everywhere, and because of a few stupid kids (and that's probably on both "sides" in this scenario), more innocent people are going to get hurt.

edit on 30-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

True. Now w ehave to deal with the fallout from those morons actions. way to go guys! really nothing but love for ya...sigh.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

i admit that i was wrong, but it doesnt change my stance on the BLM movement lol

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I think we're all on overload, I know I am. I'm very sad and angry today. I really should unplug.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rabb420

i admit that i was wrong, but it doesnt change my stance on the BLM movement lol

None of us were "wrong" per se, I don't think. I mean, if we're trying to "score points" then sure ... but I'm not, are you?

We looked at the situation and analyzed it ... judged it ... according to our beliefs and biases ... and we all have beliefs and biases.

If we value objectivity, we do as much as we can to restrict our bias ... but that's a mixed bag at best: win-some, lose-some.

In my opinion, BLM just is. People have the right to focus their attention on what they wish to. Some but not all people in any given group are racist. Not all members of BLM are actively racist, but the movement in its origins is not, that is, they do focus on their area of concern, but they are not elevating one race above another, or demeaning one race, etc. (There are individual exceptions to this, noted, I am speaking of the founding principles of the movement)

Have you actually checked out the main site for BLM?

BlackLivesMatter.com
edit on 30-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I think we're all on overload, I know I am. I'm very sad and angry today. I really should unplug.

I went on vacation, looked out on one of the nation's oldest ports/rivers from my hotel window ... and argued on ATS, LOL.

Do something to rebuild your energy. You've just gotten drained from all of ... the stuff.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

That's hilarious, totally something I would do if left to my own devices.

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join