It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Bracing for "Possible Riots" with Video of White Cop Shooting Black Teen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Another black teen that was shot and killed by a white police officer. This time the teen was wielding a knife and on PCP. The officer states that the teen lunged, but video supposedly tells something different.

The officer shot 17 year old Laquan McDonald 16 times. The surveillance video was immediately taken from a local fast food restaurant by police.

The city has been trying to keep the footage from being released for over a year, but a judge ordered that it be turned over by tomorrow through the Freedom of Information Act.

The city has also already given the family 5 million dollars on advice of the city attorney.

The officer has remained on duty for the last year, except he sits at a desk. Charges for murder are finally being brought against him today as the video is released.

We'll have to wait and see what comes of this, but the media is already building up the story as the video is said to be quite shocking and the fact that the city tried to keep it unreleased, already paid off the family, and the cop remains on duty won't help.

And since this is in his city, Jesse Jackson is all over it which probably isn't going to help matters any. He has a great way of rallying people for non-violent protest in an 'up in the air' sort of way.

The following article was written by him and can been read in full here:

"Citizens Shouldn't Have to Demonstrate"

Over a year ago in October, 2014, 17-year-old Laquan McDonald was shot 16 times by a Chicago policeman and killed. With the support of Mayor Rahm Emanuel and the Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez, the city fought several attempts to have the dashcam video of the incident released to the public. By Wednesday, the video will be released by judicial order. An entire city now girds itself for possible demonstrations and riots. Once more community leaders anticipate that Chicago citizens will take to the streets — hopefully in nonviolent, disciplined demonstrations — to demand that Black Lives Matter.

Yet even while the tape remained secret, the Chicago City Council, acting on advice of a city attorney who had seen the tape, according to local media reports, voted for a $5 million settlement for the McDonald family before the family even filed a lawsuit.

Edit: Here's a quick video explains the incident, they say that the teen was walking away from the officer when he shot;

Ghost
edit on 24-11-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Good luck Chicago! Have fun with your taste of soft martial law.

I should add...be cool with the police. Those who are angry about this shooting should be more angry that people are on PCP running around with a knife. If anything, they have the police to thank!

I'd rather have the police with "a few bad apples" than no police and going it alone. i like "civil" society - or at the very least the efforts to attain such a society.

That said, I prefer a police force that doesn't unload one gun clip into a person with a KNIFE!
edit on thpamTue, 24 Nov 2015 08:23:14 -0600k1511America/Chicago2423 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
OK but meanwhile plenty of white people have also been shot by white and black cops. If anyone should riot, it should be people of all colours. Nobody is safe from US cops, no man and no beast.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
OK but meanwhile plenty of white people have also been shot by white and black cops. If anyone should riot, it should be people of all colours. Nobody is safe from US cops, no man and no beast.

Logic has no place in this argument. Shame on you for trying to introduce it.

This is definitely a "citizen" problem. Some days it seems like it's open season on the average joe (more reports, news coverage, actual increases? not sure at this point). Sadly I don't see it getting any better as tensions rise, more media reports on these events, etc.
edit on 11/24/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

Wrong.. Everyone is safe if you DON'T ATTACK THE POLICE, and act civil. Sure there are a few rare occasions. But the vast majority of people shot by the police deserve it. It is either violence or stupidity that get them shot.

Pcg
edit on 24-11-2015 by pcgamer11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It's in Chicago, who cares. Let the animals kill each other. They do it every day and it never matters to anyone (with a loud mouth) until it comes at the hands of a white man. Too bad the kid grew up with the thug "I hate all cops" mentality, it cost him his life. Nobody to blame here but the parent(s).

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yeah, they gave the family 5 million, before any lawsuit occurred, all because the pig is innocent.

Apologists will say anything when a perp is black, no matter what happened.

#BlackLivesMatter

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I care, I'm in Chicago.

Unfortunately, I have to travel through the city quite frequently.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Yeah, they gave the family 5 million, before any lawsuit occurred, all because the pig is innocent.

#BlackLivesMatter

How much do they matter?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

It has gotten to the point where a white police officer can't do his/her job without some sort of public outcry. I suggest we only have gay, black, female Muslim police officers so we can be certain that there is no social injustice agenda moving forward.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

I care, I'm in Chicago.

Unfortunately, I have to travel through the city quite frequently.

Avoid the concrete jungle. I'm talking about the animals that are shooting each other daily. Not the innocent folks that are just minding their business. IMO, your life matters more than theirs.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: ghostrager

It has gotten to the point where a white police officer can't do his/her job without some sort of public outcry. I suggest we only have gay, black, female Muslim police officers so we can be certain that there is no social injustice agenda moving forward.

Just make sure they're a registered obama/hillary supporter and they'll survive any negativity that comes at them. It's like wearing a force field.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree, a few bad apples have spoiled the bunch and now every white cop is under fire.

I'm not a fan of the BLM protests as I find them racially dividing, but if this cop shot the teen in the back the city officials and officer should get what's coming to them.

Unfortunately, if demonstrations go south it's going to impact a lot of innocent people.

And with the white supremacist that just opened fire on BLM protestors in Minneapolis it's not going to take much for that. Minneapolis and Chicago are tied together quite closely.

Edit: Almost seems eerily coincidental that the Minneapolis BLM were protesting having a video released of a police shooting and were shot at by 'white supremacist' the same day that Chicago is being forced to release there tape. Seems like a perfect storm.

Ghost
edit on 24-11-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The news shoulda said he was Muslim than people would celebrate instead of riot.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I look forward to seeing the video before I make any comments.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Kinda cold to riot but the fires will keep you warm. I hate it when the snow falling is black with soot. Supposed to rain Thursday and Friday that'll slow it down a bit

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
16 shots fired. If uk had fired 16 shots at 1 man with a knife there would be uproar from all circles.
What kind of officer fires 16 times. Was he partially sighted and wanted to make sure he hit something.

16 shots at 1 man. I cannot get over how you give the permission for a foxing idiot to own a gun never mind pay him to fire it.

He must have panicked BIG TIME

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Something that's a little disturbing to me is why is the officer just finally being charged today, the same day that the video is released? Is it just coincidence or do I sense some guilt in there?

Are they saying "crap, the video has to be released, now we have to press charges or else we'll look bad...."?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
He discharged his gun 16 times at 1 man. wtf????
Give him some time on a firing range. PLEASE

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

#BlackLivesMatter

How much do they matter?

Not enough to some.

Why do you feel the need to ask...

One need not be clairvoyant to wonder if you just want to bring up black on black crime...

Which is a wholey separate and equally important issue in my opinion, but still wholey separate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join