It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here is a hoarder? I know you do.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It runs in my family so I'm obsessive about getting rid of clutter. I don't consider books or tools clutter though but I do try to keep a max number of books in a designated area. As for tools, I gave up trying to get my hubby to stop saving every little screw, twist tie or allen wrench that comes with stuff needing assembly. At least I've managed to contain it and all of the other gazillion tools to the garage. Except tape measures. There is a tape measure tucked somewhere in every room of our house.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

My wife has defined my limits. And I have learned to stay within them. Except for a couple bits and pieces around that have significance to my life, the rest must stay in mancave.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I know you just raised a couple eyebrows across the world, by certain men with coffee cans of screws and boxes of hardware tucked away in dark garage corners.

I am shocked you even tried.
edit on 23-11-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have hoarded video games since the late 90's( unlike this insane wave of newcomers jumping on the band wagon in recent years inflating the prices )

Kept all my childhood games while my friends ripped up their box's back in the day I insisted my mum keep all the box's in storage in the attic because im ocd about keeping all my stuff pristine as possible, I almost had a heart attack when I was a kid at my friends house, when he took a marker pen to one of my cartridges to put my name on it

To this day I usually buy 1 game most weeks from NES to PS4 and have maby around 4,000 games (I have never counted them), they are not in huge piles though like some mad man, I keep them all organized on shelves.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Well, hey--whatever works for you! Good on you for respecting your wife

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

Sell those babies on ebay. I just sold my old gameboy games and we made a lot off of them. Or sell them to Gamestop to help fund your future game purchases. I used to work there and it's a pretty sweet deal if you're in to buying games a lot.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've mentioned a few times on here that I've been clearing out my garage.

I've done the easy part and given all the 'middling' stuff to charity. I had a hard time throwing some stuff away but nobody wants videos any more and a lot of stuff I thought was useful was no use to me and I'd no idea how to find anyone who could use it.

What I'm left with is 'collectible' stuff. Books, magazines, Gameboys and games, action figures. I know there are many ways to sell things these days, but none of them are open to me.

I'm leaving all my stuff to charity and have tried to be responsible and not leave them too much junk to deal with, but I can't bring myself to chuck out stuff that may be worth money. I'm hoping that the people who inherit it understand that some of it has value...

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I just got up
I couldn't fall asleep !!
For 3hours I was thinking why won't people freaking stop hoarding crap

Iol and I log in here it is

Crazy cat ladies and gens

edit on 23-11-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I am what you would call a minimalist. One or two chairs a table and a bed maybe a lamp but that is all it takes to make me happy.

Hoarders are a type of person who fascinate me. I have one sister who is a bonafide hoarder....she is crazy but i love her.

Take care. We are all 'crazy' sometimes it just isn't obvious.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Purge it all!

I hate clutter, but I'm claustrophobic.

I hate checking the mail because its mostly litter.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have about 800 oil paintings.
Not sure if thats technically hoarding or not though...

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have been in a new relationship for over a year now and recently discovered my partner is a hoarder.

He saves all his take out plastic drink cups, bags of ketchup's, napkins, plastic utensils, plastic bags, it's all junk. I keep telling him please throw this junk out.

We have real silverware, beautiful drinking glasses and so on. When he is not home I have to continue to throw things out and sometimes he finds out and has a fit.

I am one of those people who has a place for everything and like my house to be neat, but now having a problem keeping it that way.

What should I do?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Yaycks

From the hoarding shows all people needed some type of counselling

I have a feeling you love them too much to send them to someone so you just have to live with it ?!

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I hoard anything I think will be valuable in the future. My wife tells me that I'm a hoarder and she wants to throw stuff of mine (not her's) away. Last week she's going through stuff and says "Honey are you ever going to do anything with these bar tap handles, or do you want me to chuck them? There's 23 of them, brand new in the case. Needless to say, I sell on Ebay so I went to the completed auctions there and the taps were selling (sold) for around 40 - 60 dollars a piece. I said "well, they're worth about a grand for the box so chuck 'em if they're bugging you. She stopped looking around.
Save your good stuff, it's NOT hoarding.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

I have about 800 oil paintings.

...........................(speechlessness)..........weeping....I wish I did....

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

DeLorean was another genius. Too bad he got caught up with some bad dudes.

My favorite of his is the Pontiac Gran Prix SJ.
edit on 23-11-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hoarding ain't a joke.

I know this because I live with a real hoarder and it all isn't just about stuff. Hoarders have mental problems. Really, frakking bad ones. That show, you know the one called, um Hoarders? It's not a joke at all. The damage to others, the filth, it's all real.

Think now, while you still may be sane, about what you are doing. Seriously. I live with and deal with the insanity, the total and complete lack of logic and sense that you and I have, every day and it is eroding me. Breaking me down. I'm working two not so bad part time jobs to try and get the hell away from here. I've already stopped talking to sis and her husband because of their lack of help and outright derision and denial of what is happening.

I am, basically, in the process of disowning my whole family, that's how bad it has gotten.

You can still joke about it, just be careful of what you say. I'm tough, I've dealt with these asses my whole life and made it this far. They want to treat me like I have the problem, LMAO! Also, I can still see humour, even if it hits really frakking close to home. But I implore all of you to take stock of your lives and see what it really is doing to you, your family, your friends, to your LIFE and SANITY!!!!!!!

Trust me, that show is presented as reality television, which almost anyone with two working brain cells knows is the exact opposite, yet it IS real. My own details would disgust you and I really don't want to go there yet what I've seen on that show...well, I had to stop watching.

I wanted to see it, though. I had too. It hurt so much, watching that show, that I can never do it again. Not unlike How I Met Your Mother, but that's only because they totally killed the whole thing with that last episode and see, I can still make a joke. Most likely a bad one but what the hell. I'm Not Dead Yet, Fred(another possible bad joke but hey, it's frikking Python).

There's a reason I'm telling them to piss off, and hoarding, really, is just a symptom of that.

THAT is even scarier. I'll stop there as I think I've said enough. Sorry to rain on the parade but I felt it needed to be said.
edit on 11/23/2015 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I hoard emotions

I can't live in here any more, and I seem to spend more time external than internal.

she could fix it with just a kind word. and often lets me live in the gutter.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I enjoy art too, although I do not have the inclination to buy or aquire, short of a random piece once or twice a year when I see something I like, and the price is right.
edit on 24-11-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I am not a hoarder personally.

But my grandma lives in a hotel, in part because the trailer her now deceased parents bought her is filled with random things from her lifetime. Sounds kind of cool thinking about going through it all and finding neat Beatles memorabilia and stuff right? Think again. She also hoards stray cats. Those quickly become indoor litter box cats. Every Christmas our packages smell like literal cat #. Cat grossness.. Ugh. Grandma grossness.. Ugh.

I still eat the chocolate...

...sometimes.

I can't help it! It's delicious candy cane chocolate!

And with all the layers of packaging, relatively untouched by the grossness.

edit on 11-24-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join