It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we get ready for the return of Christ which is in 10 years or so?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
1. Recognize that Christ is three in one and not just one in one.

2. Speak to Him and tell Him all your sins and failures and weaknesses and tell Him you're tired of carrying them around. Ask if He would forgive you and take them from you.

3. Realize what He wanted from you (not wants but wanted) and give it to Him everyday. (Be like little children...)

4. Be baptized.

5. Maintain a strong relationship with His Holy Ghost while here on Earth and a good relationship with His people.

6. Pray and seek everyday.

7. You will be ready.

He comes to SAVE us! Let us be clear. S-A-V-E us. I wonder from who?

Not the prince of the Elites?

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Why do you know the date when it says no one will know the date of his supposed return?.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I will prepare for his return by crocheting him at Christmas sweater!

You can 't get mad at someone who crochets you a sweater for your birthday. right?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Why can't jesus speak for himself? Why do i have to have faith in what hd3dsurroundsound says jesus wants?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Remember when the end of the world was but months away? Each new ending was gong to end it all real soon.

Since that isn't working anymore, we need to stretch it out a bit. 1o years, though…

I'm as interested in that as the delivery date of the newest bomber.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Im stoked to still have 10 years.. yay

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Wait. Paul said Jesus would return within his lifetime. If you read his letters, which are a part of the New Testament, you know this is so. That was Paul's whole point, to keep his flock in line for the return

Well, he didn't make it. he didn't make it in 1000, a magic date according to many. He didn't make it in 2000. What makes you think you have ANY IDEA that he'll show up in 2025 or so?

Wishful thinking on your part. Now I'll make a prediction:

It won't happen.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Perhaps all of the savior figures that are supposed to return will do so on the same day. Then there can be a big show where they fight over which one of them is more legit than the others.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I will prepare by getting ready to film the expressions of wealthy conservative Christian faces as he just shakes his head at them and walks away.

Then he will see my laughter, he will turn to me and say "I know, right?" and I give him a high-five.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If Jesus actually shows up and I know it's the real deal, I'll have no issue admitting I was wrong, but that's not gonna happen. A deity coming down from the clouds and bringing Armageddon with him is fantasy. Nothing like that has ever happened and it never will happen, it's outside the borders of reality.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You sound so positive and even provide a timeline...how sweet. I do believe you should be the first on his or her knees begging for forgiveness from the good lord in your very un christlike attempt to guess when he shall return...i mean really...that is the first thing they teach at Vacation Bible School....no man knows....and dare I bring up that small part they also teach about no man judge another ? The only reason I do so now is because so much time is spent in threads like this judging everyone.

And it sounds like the lord is going to be real busy...too busy to be worried about me fighting whomever defeats ISIS. Things in our future...goodness...just not much to look forward too...war and strife....war and strife....just more of what we already have...i can't wait for him to return to bring us more humanity than we already have.
edit on 11/22/2015 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
A Middle Easterner shows up and claims he will change the world through his religion. Sounds like a future guest at Guantanamo.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Why do you know the date when it says no one will know the date of his supposed return?.

Clearly he knows the exact date because he was specially chosen by an almighty god who can build universes but needs a messenger to show us the way into righteousness because HD3DSURROUNDSOUND is far greater than the average man or woman...

Run on sentences are fun.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
1. Recognize that Christ is three in one and not just one in one.

Why is this a requirement to get into heaven. shouldn't the acknowledgement of his existence be enough?

2. Speak to Him and tell Him all your sins and failures and weaknesses and tell Him you're tired of carrying them around. Ask if He would forgive you and take them from you.

Failures and weaknesses actually make us stronger. We learn from our failures and can improve ourselves based upon them. Failing isn't a bad thing. I will never regret or be tired of my failures because of them, and they certainly are not some burden I'm carrying around. Self-hate much?

3. Realize what He wanted from you (not wants but wanted) and give it to Him everyday. (Be like little children...)

And how are we supposed to know what he wanted when there is nothing that can definitively say what he wanted, and confirm that what has been said about his wants are really accurate in the first place?

4. Be baptized.

Is this when he comes? or is it supposed to be before hand? Because going through all these steps because you're afraid that he might exist doesn't really make you a true believer, it just makes you a fearful individual who wants to protect yourself for your own selfish reasons.

5. Maintain a strong relationship with His Holy Ghost while here on Earth and a good relationship with His people.

Again, how can we do this without confirmation that it even exists?

6. Pray and seek everyday.

Pray, sure, i see a lot of religious people doing that.

Seeking, on the other hand, the religious tend to do the opposite of. Where something comes up that does not abide by their already preconceived notions, they shut their eyes and ears and ignore it away. That is the opposite of seeking.

7. You will be ready.

Is this a step? or a conclusion?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
acknowlege his existance? LOL. Lucifer did that.

There is a time frame. We are in it now weither we like it or not. He said thathe will come like a thief in the night and steal all who Love Him away. Who loves Him? He said those who obey Me Love me. Have you got plenty of oil in your lamp? Is your wick trimmed?
edit on 22-11-2015 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Clearly he knows the exact date because he was specially chosen by an almighty god who can build universes but needs a messenger to show us the way into righteousness because HD3DSURROUNDSOUND is far greater than the average man or woman...

Run on sentences are fun.

That was fun. Henceforth I shall only write in run-on sentences.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Lmao yeah i doubt that will ever happen.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Alright i hope it happens then us atheists wont have to worry about christians anymore. Lol

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
4. Be baptized.

What if the priest was a bad priest? Does that nullify the baptism?
Then what?

What if a person is a really good person, but never baptized?
So many people put so much on the baptism thing.....

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I don't really believe in Jesus the Son of God, but we could use some help around here. I say we welcome him.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join