It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Donor Gives $2.2 Million to Pay Down National Debt Treasury Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
If someone is willing to just give the government that much money with no expects in returns, I don't think they have a mind in the first place.

So let's all give $10,000 cash to drug addicts and expect them to use it to put themselves in rehab. That's about the mentality this is.

It's not much, but I always pay an extra 1/3 on my taxes to go towards the debt. On it's own it's a completely worthless action, but if we all did that for the next 15 years we would completely eliminate the debt.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

But surely whomever that anonymous donor is, they must be aware that they have just wasted two point two million dollars?

The debt ceiling is a LIE. The only reason that a debt exists at present, is that because the gold standard is no longer the measure of a currency, no longer backs the currency, each dollar bought into existence comes with a debt raised against it, as has been the case since the invention of the federal reserve.

Simply put, at present it is the case that even if the government had no money, it would still owe two dollars. So the amount it borrows will ALWAYS be allowed to increase. Why? Because even paying the debt off completely will not solve the problem, because the problem is to be found in the way the currency is created, and not in how much of it is being borrowed at any one time.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

That is fake news!!! Hoax by tptb. Or this guy is complete idiot or some punk won a lotto and his brain is burnt.

He gave money so they can fund more military actions, very smart. His 2.2m are gone to war and if there is karma he will rot in hell with other war propagandist.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I quit a multiple-year heroin addiction with zero money and zero help from anyone (other than my higher power), going on to help other people improve their lives and helping others on a daily basis.

Now I am a law-abiding citizen who volunteers for people with disabilities on my weekend, and working in job placement services for the unemployed as my full-time job.

Are you saying drug addicts have no potential?

You should think more before you write something GENERALIZING so many people in one fellswoop

So I should pity you and congratulate you for yourself getting out of something you got your a** into. Sorry but that's not going to happen.

YOU got YOURSELF into it by being a weak minded individual. Don't say to me you don't still have daily cravings, if you don't you were never addicted in the first place. Half of my family is drug addicts, I know how their minds work. If I were to give any of them money for help, all of it would be used for drugs 100%

You act like I'm stupid by knowing how reality works.Ive been to prison, I've bunked with every type of person under the sun. And everyone gives you stars and acts like your a hero.

So I'll say it again proudly. You give drug addicts money for rehab,8/10 times they are going to use it for drugs. If you're saying that's not true you're lying to yourself and everyone around you.

Now why would the government not do the same thing? Why would they use the money for good, when they know all too well they can do whatever they like with it.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad

That is fake news!!! Hoax by tptb. Or this guy is complete idiot or some punk won a lotto and his brain is burnt.

He gave money so they can fund more military actions, very smart. His 2.2m are gone to war and if there is karma he will rot in hell with other war propagandist.

That was quite a post.

He will burn in hell for donating $2.2 million because of the thieves who accepted that donation? lol thanks for the chuckle - I think you have some pent up anger there my friend. It was entertaining though

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

No you shouldn't PITY or any of that crap you talked about - I'm not a "weak-minded individual" and actually those experiences made me STRONGER-willed and more open-minded. You are being ignorant.

Not everyone needs rehab, not every drug addict (or ex-drug addict) is a toxic human being as you're suggesting.

You don't "give" someone who is using money for rehab, you work with them and facilitate them entering into treatment WHEN THEY ARE READY FOR IT, based on your explanation of that I can tell you don't have much experience with proper substance abuse treatment practices.

So I am weak-minded because I used to do drugs... hmmm. Okay, you've been to prison many times, so at your deepest level are you just a criminal? Or have you improved your life and made changes. This is a rhetorical question.. don't answer that.

No # I have daily cravings, that's what a drug like heroin will do to you. But I haven't used in years and never will again - I can take an honest look at myself and my decisions and I am proud of them. Enough with the disrespect

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Being a conspiracy website, I was surprised that imaginations haven't been fired up more. Why would anyone donate this amount anonymously to the Treasury department? It does seem insane, unless that individual is on his deathbed and perhaps had originally stolen from the Treasury Department and now, is attempting to find peace of mind by giving it back? Seriously, the donor had to have some original connection to the Treasury Dept. don't you think?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

that's a good point but it could also just me some old kook who's gone senile and thinks of this as their "good deed". I'm leaning towards the old kook theory

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

No you shouldn't PITY or any of that crap you talked about - I'm not a "weak-minded individual" and actually those experiences made me STRONGER-willed and more open-minded. You are being ignorant.

Not everyone needs rehab, not every drug addict (or ex-drug addict) is a toxic human being as you're suggesting.

You don't "give" someone who is using money for rehab, you work with them and facilitate them entering into treatment WHEN THEY ARE READY FOR IT, based on your explanation of that I can tell you don't have much experience with proper substance abuse treatment practices.

So I am weak-minded because I used to do drugs... hmmm. Okay, you've been to prison many times, so at your deepest level are you just a criminal? Or have you improved your life and made changes. This is a rhetorical question.. don't answer that.

No # I have daily cravings, that's what a drug like heroin will do to you. But I haven't used in years and never will again - I can take an honest look at myself and my decisions and I am proud of them. Enough with the disrespect

I've been to prison once not many times. For something I didn't even do, and something that isn't even illegal in other states other than my own.

And what you're saying is in agreement to that you don't give drug addicts straight money.

All of my friends turned to heroin, my brother, and a quarter of my family. So yes I am full aware about drug treatment programs, and how most of the time the patient will end up relapsing.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

As they say, there's a sucker born ever minute

I would describe you and your bs, but that would violate T&C..
The ignorant like yourself are not worth the time.

...you have issues.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Interesting news today - the U.S. Treasury says an anonymous donor gave $2.2 million to be put towards the national debt:

WASHINGTON — The Treasury Department received a record contribution of $2.2 million toward reducing the national debt in September, even as the government was running out of borrowed money as it approached the debt limit.

In all, donors contributed $2.3 million in the last month of the 2015 fiscal year, boosting the annual contributions for the year to $3.9 million, according to just-released data from the Bureau of the Fiscal Service.

www.wcsh6.com...

You don't hear that happening too often!! Now if only the folks at Capitol Hill would start being more responsible... but we all know that will never happen. No term limits in Congress pshh some of those dirtbags have been in there for 30+ years! What a shame.

Sorry to digress - wanted to share this with ATS since these stories don't happen too often. Good news! I love to talk about GOOD news

This is not good news, it is actually very bad news.. It shows how far gone and brainwashed our society has become, to think that 2 million dollars would make a dent, or even GO towards the debt....

Pcg

top topics

<< 1   >>

join