It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free yoga class shut down because yoga is now offensive

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
You all know the only possible solution to all this permanent offense don't you?

It's simple.

We just have to kill all the white people. Then we can all heal in a giant, whites free safe space and have permanent harmony free from oppression forever.

/sarc

But you know it's coming sooner or later because they're being taught that everything is our fault. We oppressed them and if they feel bad, it's because of us.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Beg pardon. No reason to post here.
edit on 23-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz
Retracting earlier statement...
Free class at college is harmless to those who don't attend, and anyone who thinks otherwise is idiotic.
If there was a free "Christian Studies" class at a college I was attending, I would take it, just to learn.

I'd only have to leave after about ten minutes when they would question my beliefs and accuse me of being a sinner, something which doesn't happen in yoga class. So I see why some people have a problem with that - it's a matter of curriculum/agenda, and yoga class only has the first. That's a problem for those who only have the second, and the first has to constantly change to fit their second. That must be annoying lol.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: KAOStheory. Oh yah love and light with a mixture of contempt....

Have you read the Bhagvadgita?
I said it rather politely.
Swami Prabhupada was not nearly as kind.
And, that's why I'm not a guru, but a student.
I am aspiring to be better, no more, no less.

Do I have a little contempt for those who don't even bother to learn facts, ignore progress, and preach - attempt to enforce - blind faith on others?
Yep, yes I do.

Do I have contempt for those who misappropriate spiritual and cultural practices and water them down to be profitable in the Western "markets" while calling themselves "yogis" and "gurus?" Yep, not a fan.

Sue me - oh yea you can't, cuz I'm not yer f'n guru. I'm just a dude on a forum with an opinion - one based on facts, therefore one that many people will most certainly have contempt for.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Yep, Daily Mail is the source. This is a publication which makes its profits by perpetuating controversy. They'll take an isolated incident like this and twist it into a far bigger issue, leading people to believe that it's happening on a large scale, rather than in some place in some town in some country in some institution by some people.

So don't worry. Relax. A few idiots over at this particular university is not going to render yoga illegal or whatever. Most people who do yoga don't do it for the whole spiritual concept, at least not at any significant level. Of course it's based on a much deeper philosophy, but things from various cultures get appropriated all the time. If there really are any idiots out there who oppose westerners engaging in yoga exercises, they may as well protest non-Chinese people using Chinese spices in their cooking, for example.

By getting worked up over this you're just playing right into the hands of these dubious media outlets. You're giving their articles more hits, more attention, and of course, more money. Try to be rational, and keep in mind that an isolated incident involving couple of irrational people at one particular university are not going to prohibit Western yoga classes.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepThoughtCriminal

Alrighty gonna agree with you and forget this. Thanks and I agree...
Except the "most people who do yoga" thing -
way more Hindus and Buddhists, here and abroad, do it daily than yuppies at gyms or kids in schools...
yes, those are growing, but nowhere near comparable numbers to those who actually practice it correctly, worldwide -
the "CorePower" chain wouldn't thrive anywhere but 'murca.

More people in Europe put crystals in water than ice.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I suppose that by the same reasoning, they'll also be wanting to ban Karate, judo, KungFu, Jujutso, MMA...most forms of self-defense.
Good thing they don't want to take our guns.

...guns, of course, were culturally appropriated from the Chinese, so hand 'em over...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
you gotta wonder just how far this PC infestation will travel across the globe. man we just love to spread our diseases around, like a 2$ hooker love you all nite!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

how the hell do u shut down something that's free? cananda communism now? EH?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been mentioned.
I think ALL Yoga classes should be banned unless they take place outside. I've been to several different classes and the gaseous odors were enough to make me vomit if I hadn't been trying to keep a straight face from the noises that accompanied the odors. Never ever again!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
P.C. God says good job!
We should ban free public cooking lessons for ethnic foods next! We must stop the projection of our inherited white opression!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Well, for a change... I'm just speechless.

We have reached an insanity as a people that there is no turning back from.

But hey---this is the liberalization of the world now...

Make way for the NWO

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
P.C. God says good job!
We should ban free public cooking lessons for ethnic foods next! We must stop the projection of our inherited white opression!

Paska Bread is an eggy, sweetened bread used by many Eastern Europeans Christians as part of their Easter celebration feast, with various aspects of the bread and the manner of consumption of the bread symbolizing that celebration.

...therefore (and using similar logic that has been applied to the banning of yoga) other people should NOT be allowed to make or eat similar sweetened and eggy breads.

What about Easter eggs? Is anyone making sure that Easter eggs are ONLY to be used in conjunction with the aspects of the Christian celebration of Easter that are symbolized by Easter eggs?

I wonder if the Ottawa University student group also bans the eating of matzo bread by anyone who isn't Jewish and/or celebrating Passover? Have they made sure that matzo bread is not being served to gentiles by the university's food service.

edit on 11/25/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
You just mentioned Easter!!

In the future that will be an arrestable offence.

lol

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just a total pile of horse dung. That's all I have to say!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There is a good side to things like this. Political Correctness has reached the point that it's proponents will soon become outcasts and their madness recognized for what it truly is.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
When will this idiotic behavior stop?

When there's a one world religion and a fully medicated slave race.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join