It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins of ISIS: Ben Swann

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Many of you may already be familiar with Ben Swann from his show Reality Check that was largely popular. Well he's with RT now and he presented his own analysis on how ISIS came to be, and he thanks the 2003 invasion of Iraq for it. I recommend ATSers check his report out below:

Swann explained that when the U.S. first invaded Iraq, it “blew the country apart.” By destroying the existing government, toppling Saddam Hussein, and destroying the infrastructure, the U.S. “left behind a power vacuum” that would never have existed under Hussein.

Daniel McAdams, the executive director of the Ron Paul Institute, said that the impact caused by the actions of the United States is a “historical fact that media just won’t discuss.”

“This has to do with U.S. action in the region, which destroyed the infrastructure, which destroyed Iraq society, which destroyed the Iraqi government,” McAdams said. He explained that while there were a lot of people who weren’t “as happy as larks” while living under Saddam Hussein, they also weren’t at odds with Hussein in the same way they were with the government established by the U.S.

The militant group ISIS was formed as a small insurgent group in Iraq in 2006. Swann noted that while they tried to create problems for the U.S. military, they had no money and no real ability to recruit.

“It wasn’t until 2009 that ISIS shifted its focus from Iraq, where it was largely unsuccessful in developing a foothold, and focused on the civil war in Syria,” Swann said.

truthinmedia.com...

For those of you wanting to read up on ISIS and their origins, Ben Swann makes a very good case on this.
edit on 21-11-2015 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I do not know this Swann fellow, but the theory is well known. There were many who warned that this would happen in regards to the power vacumn, but American's let this happen because they were so mad over 9/11. And when Bush said that it was Hussein's fault the insatiable American need for pay back justice tossed rational thought straight out the window. NNooooo said Bush, they will love us, they will fall right in line with American Democracy and show the world what people can do when the US gives them freedom.

And there were many who said, 'hold up there buddy. What the hell are you talking about'. But he and his pals just pretended that no one opposed them and went ahead with those plans and here we are now, a direct result of those actions a decade ago.
edit on 30America/ChicagoSat, 21 Nov 2015 23:23:18 -0600Sat, 21 Nov 2015 23:23:18 -060015112015-11-21T23:23:18-06:001100000023 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You might find this interesting too..

www.washingtoninstitute.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

but American's let this happen because they were so mad over 9/11.

I think you're confusing American citizens anger post-911 invasion of Afghanistan which had popular public support as it occurred just 26 days later and yes America and her citizens were wounded.

American citizens and many of the citizens of the worlds governments rallied against the invasion of Iraq - multiple times with massive public protests - that invasion occurred 2 years after 9/11 and was based upon trumped up charges of Saddam and Son about to unleash WMDs on the world lest he be stopped first.

Dr David Kelly lost his life when he was suicided in an open park area - he was the weapons inspector who came out saying that what the neocons were spruiking at the UN to justify the invasion was fabricated BS.

Enter PNAC policies and the rest is history........ISIS is born.
edit on 21-11-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

As I recall it,you call it just as it unfolded. I emphasized the American outrage because even though it was to a lesser degree than with Afghanistan, there was still enough to help carry the day for that Bush agenda.
Thank you for cleansing up my glossed over rendition.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

ISIS was around before 2001..

You should really have a read of the paper I linked to, regardless of your beliefs.

I found it very eye opening and anyone with any interest in discussing ISIS should read it in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

originally posted by: Chadwickus

ISIS was around before 2001..

You should really have a read of the paper I linked to, regardless of your beliefs.

I found it very eye opening and anyone with any interest in discussing ISIS should read it in my opinion.

No, this is not what your article says. Your article also states that ISIS was formed in 2006... the beginnings of said terror group:

In early 2006, Zarqawi brought together a number of other Iraqi insurgent factions and established the Majlis Shura al-Mujahedin (MSM) w th AQI at the top.18 This process was further consolidated after Zarqawi’s death on June 7, 2006. On October 15, a statement titled “Announcing the Establishment of the Islamic State of Iraq”19 was released by Muharib al-Juburi, ISI’s new information minister. And on November 10, AQI’s replacement for Zarqawi

www.washingtoninstitute.org...

Your article states that the founders of ISIS and Al Qaeda trace their involvements in islamic terrorism back to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in the 80s which we're all well aware of. ISIS is an off shoot of older terror groups, but it only came to formation in 2006.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Thanks - brilliant paper, well worth the read. Oh what a tangled web they have weaved! It appears that ISIS as we have come to know them seeded in the late 90's and started to gain ground at the outset of the (Iraq) war and came to full fruition about 6 years later in 2009!
edit on 22-11-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

ISIS by name may have started in 2006, but you said it yourself, these groups date back to the 80's.

The leadership and ideals of ISIS goes back to the 90's.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I base my response on the thread title alone;

Why would Ben Swann start ISIS? I really like the guy! He's a good journalist!

Bad Ben, bad. That's a nono.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Yeah, there's no doubt that the US intervention escalated things, hell of a way to recruit too, huh?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
According to this thread, Zbigniew Brzezinski is somehow involved with this whole ISIS mess...

The fact that he's been whining about Russian airstrikes against US 'assets' in Syria lately tells me it's probably true.

Zbigniew Brzezinski was directly involved in the funding and arming the Islamic extremists in Pakistan and Afghanistan...

voiceofdetroit.net...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
As I watched that video, I was reminded of a quote attributed to Colin Powell:

You break it, you own it.
As quoted in Plan of Attack (2004) by Bob Woodward, a book in which he was a key source, cautioning President Bush before the Iraqi war that he would be responsible for the fate of the Iraqi's after the fall of the Hussein regime.

Even though he was somewhat responsible for setting up the whole mess, apparently he was still wary enough to warn Bush about the consequences of an invasion.

What a freaking mess! And there's plenty of blame to go around. Bush started it with Iraq. Obama helped to ramp it up everywhere else. Saddam, Qaddafi, Mubarak, and Assad were not nice guys. In fact they all rate fairly high on the evil-dictator scale. But they kept their asylums under control. Now that the West has deposed them all, the lunatics are now running the asylums. And it appears that this result was evident from the very start.

Now the only real option appears to be to let nature takes its course...

-dex

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Great read and info.....

top topics

join