It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if there is no one really at the wheel...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I was thinking real hard on skunking up skunk works this week with a topic about how Crop circles may be a combination of collage pranksters and a naturally occurring phenomenon or more like a thing done by terrestrial being not aliens (but not humans). But this last week in the after math of the insanity in the whole world I kind of let my research and notes slip away from me. So I will have to put that one off because I had a flash of almost spooky brilliance this week...

What if there is No one at the Wheel.

We humans like things to fit, to make sense, to be understandable. We see loose dangling threads in the tapestry called life and we want to tie them to other loose threads. We want there to be a reason, a malevolent powers that be, a deity, or some alien overlord.

I present this week, and someone else may have presented it before...

What if there is no shadow government. - What if what we see on Cspan is all the government there is? What if our politicians are really the jerks we are seeing because that is who they are not who they are getting payed by. What if they got those positions because that is how people really voted. It is a sobering thought now when I look at it.

What if the reason Advanced Ancient Aliens do not contact us is they do not exist? I mean what if we are the most advanced species in the galaxy at this time? What if the closest intergalactic species have yet to figure out banging rocks together is the secret to making fire? Now were getting in to crazy territory because that means all our advancement is our own all of our choices are and have been our own.

What if There was no NWO no Illuminati no Tri-lateral commission? Would that means everyone is looking to try and understand Humans are that stupid that were trying to fill a void of leadership when there really is not one?

Basically all that above means we are really in charge of our own destiny, now I hope I did not scare you, hello my Name is CoBaZ nice to meet you.... And this is my Grand Unifying theory of conspiracies "There is no conspiracy, just boundless human stupidity."

There you go a real Skunker for the Skunk works. Something to chew on while you have your

CoBaZ
edit on 21-11-2015 by CoBaZ because: corrected minor grammar error.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

I think if you really believe that, you only wandered past the rabbit hole, MAYBE took a peek in...

You should take some time and delve into the depths of ATS historical threads. Granted, that takes some time and effort on your part, but there IS INDEED a whole shadow world. Sometimes things are let slip into the public just to keep us aware they are there, but it's never by accident.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Well that's it.
Shut it down. Everybody log out.
It's over.
Nothing to see here.
ATS becomes the "All Sports Symposium"
"All sports talk all the time"

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I think if you really believe that, you only wandered past the rabbit hole, MAYBE took a peek in...

You should take some time and delve into the depths of ATS historical threads. Granted, that takes some time and effort on your part, but there IS INDEED a whole shadow world. Sometimes things are let slip into the public just to keep us aware they are there, but it's never by accident.

Metaphorically speaking of course I have dived down the rabbit hole many a time and have not yet met the mad hatter, or even a slightly upset hare... a couple rabid badgers or two but mostly just nothing but dirt. It has been chasing my own tail trying to find proof of things, almost so bad they can make a tv show about that would rival X-files. But if the topics did not entertain me or interest me I would never have bothered to register.

I actually want something to be true, to make sense but each time I go digging at a topic I find that it really was a loose string that was tied to another loose string and not a real original connection.

And that is what got me to post this Skunk, what if there was no conspiracy... it does hurt to think about no?

CoBaZ

edit on 21-11-2015 by CoBaZ because: ugh to, two, too, there are too many words that sound the same but mean different.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

If you are just an average joe you don't get to pick your rabbit holes, just follow the ones that happen upon you even if it is to no interest, you will see things.

A conspiracy not suiting your likes doesn't mean a conspiracy is not afoot.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I disagree. But for the sake of knowledge lets entertain the idea. I find it very disturbing. If as you suggest we are all just following this path than we as a species probably don't deserve to be here. We don't deserve existence. That's such a sad thought and ultimately what makes this idea so terrifying. I guess I hope there is an evil overlord because it gives us a scapegoat. A chance that maybe humanity isn't as evil as 5 o clock news leads us to believe. We are the boogeyman if this scenario is true. And that hurts my insides. I hope humanity has been lead astray and we are only "this evil" because we have been tricked. But your ideas are as valid as anyone else's and I imagine most if not all conspiracy nuts entertain the notion at least once in their lives. It's probably the worst scenario of them all. I would much rather find out we are being used for an evil alien race than come to the conclusion that we were really just dumb. Either way we are in serious trouble.
edit on 21-11-2015 by Cogidubnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Cogidubnus

Thank you, it is this statement that justifies looking down every rabbit hole we find, and following every lead.

And that was my main point of this skunk, it is exposing the root of all conspiracy theories...

"Are we as a species bound by infinite stupidity as Albert Einstein was accused of having said or is there something more."

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Yes, that's a real stinker. You won't last long on ATS, telling people the truth like that — even if you softened it with 'what if'.

Conspiracy theories are a kind of religion. And all religion is false.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I actually want something to be true, to make sense but each time I go digging at a topic I find that it really was a loose string that was tied to another loose string and not a real original connection.

You will never have a successful career as a conspiracy theorist.

You're not supposed to pull at those loose threads. You're supposed to look at the whole sorry tangle and see the Mona Lisa.

Or possibly an eye in a pyramid, or the Virgin Mary.

edit on 21/11/15 by Astyanax because: of 'conspiracty'.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Cogidubnus

I hope humanity has been lead astray and we are only "this evil" because we have been tricked.

We are not evil. Neither are we good. We are both good and evil by our own lights. By the lights of the universe, we are merely animals doing what animals do, and the consequences of our actions are invisible in the greater scheme of things.

If we have been tricked, it is ourselves we have been tricked by.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

"Are we as a species bound by infinite stupidity as Albert Einstein was accused of having said or is there something more."

I don't believe Einstein ever said that. But take comfort: we are not stupid. We are very intelligent animals.

But we are animals. Those who would rather be angels sometimes forget this, or pretend it isn't so.

By the way (in case I haven't made it clear) — great thread. Of course, this being ATS, it has to be in the Skunk Works.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I thought this thread was going to be about those driverless cars I have been hearing about.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think perhaps the reality is just not so straightforward as to place a broad strokes theory to define it.

There is endless proof brought forward often at great expense that there are people who, in positions of power, will use that power to collaborate in plots that may not be in the public's best interest. This has happened a great deal throughout history and continues to occur to this day. I think this argument is unassailable.
But there are also a great many incidents of screw ups, or egoism or mismanagement that have led to errors that have resulted in great human suffering.
Then there are also random acts of chaos or other factors outside of human control.

While I agree that not every political decision is the result of a mustache-twirling mega-industrialist villain, kowtowing politician or ancient society of control freaks, in my mind it makes no sense whatsoever to disregard history, recent and ancient, in the name of a simplistic idea.
But that's just me.
Occam has no place outside of a hypothetical maths formula.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unresponsible

Occam has no place outside of a hypothetical maths formula.

Wow there is the first mention of the Razor, I only implied it, lol. This was mainly a thought exorcism to get the blasted idea out in the open and get it discussed, after all if you can not give voice to the worst possible scenario then that is the most likely the one to be true.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I felt it had to be mentioned, it's regularly cited in the context of this sort of discussion and I question it's validity as a useful rule of thumb.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

So you suggest that no strangeness exists outside of our own minds?
No god, no UFOs, no psi, no NWO conspiracy, nothing that we didn't or couldn't understand in straightforward logic and rationality?

That would be a vain-glorious attitude of ours wouldn't it? Decidedly self-delusional.
A safe place it would be, but hardly in touch with reality.
Your proof of your error in thinking is that yet you must account for all of those very things that which you would deny. Take crop circles or UFOs. What Schemes must you imagine to replace the seemingly responsible answers to the existence of UFOs or crop circles in a meaningful way? There hidden conspiracies abound...wouldn't you agree?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I really enjoyed that!
Let's face it, this world is too chaotic to be orchestrated from a secret society, or whatever.
It is just an excuse for letting it all happen.
There are choices we make nobody forces us to make. Like giving the war for oil more fuel by using not electro cars.
Buying the wrong things, just because we are too greedy or too lazy to look closer at the choices we make.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You really want to get scared. Go get a job working with the CIA and find just how little control their is in the world. People like the idea of order, that everything is controlled by somebody. That a terrorist can not bring down a plane, that crazy person can not walk into a random school and start shooting, that governments can not be brought down by its citizens, that a single person can not kill a world leader. Because if all that is possible, and not all some great plan by some secret group, it makes the world a very chaotic and scary place.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
Basically all that above means we are really in charge of our own destiny, now I hope I did not scare you, hello my Name is CoBaZ nice to meet you.... And this is my Grand Unifying theory of conspiracies "There is no conspiracy, just boundless human stupidity."

Yeah, wouldn't that be the # kicker

What of those that have conspired to conceal stupidity, that's still a conspiracy, right?

Either way, excellent premise, well executed

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
In the back of my mind I think if Clinton couldn't get a little something something in the Oval Office without it coming out in public how do we expect some of these major conspiracies to be true?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join