It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEFCON Level 5?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
DEFCON stands for "Defense Readiness Condition" ad is operated by the United States Army. Levels of DEFCON include:

DEFCON 1: Maximum Readiness
DEFCON 2: Armed Forces Readiness
DEFCON 3: Airforce Readiness
DEFCON 4: Above Normal Readiness
DEFCON 5: Normal (Low) Readiness

As you know, we have been receiving multiple threats from ISIS towards the United States and the World. I for one feel that we are definitely on edge. They are on offense and with ISIS ready to attack at any moment I have to wonder why our DEFCON level is at 5?

I believe we should be at DEFCON 4.

I've recently learned that my state is a possible target in the near future and has me a little concerned.

News that they are taking seriously a report about an ISIS threat at a WWE Survivor Series event in Atlanta on Sunday.
The FBI released the following statement to Channel 2 Action News:
"The FBI is aware of reports of an alleged threat that includes an Atlanta, Georgia venue and event. While we take all threats seriously, we do not have specific or credible information of an attack at this time. We have, however, made the proper notifications as we continue to work closely with our law enforcement and private sector partners to keep our community safe."

"Anonymous also said the Islamic State group is planning an assault at the WWE Survivor Series event scheduled to take place in the Philips Arena in Atlanta Sunday at 7.30 p.m. EST, as well as attacks at multiple events in Paris. "

Link to article

Apparently there is another list of attack due to take place as soon as tomorrow.

The targets listed by Anonymous are as follow:

Cigales Electroniques with Vocodecks, RE-Play & Rawtor at Le Bizen (Paris)
Concrete Invites Drumcode: Adam Beyer, Alan Fitzpatrick, Joel Mull at Concrete (Paris)
Demonstration by Collectif du Droit des Femmes (Paris)
Feast of Christ the King celebrations (Rome/Worldwide)
Al-Jihad, One Day One Juz (Indonesia)
Five Finger Death Punch (Milan)
University Pastoral Day (Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Lebanon)

Link to story

Could the DEFCON 5 notice be a gear ready for a false flag attack? It just doesn't seem right.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The US government has all faith in Wrasslers from the WWE.
They will suplex and bodyslam any threat to the title belt match.
And then be a plot device for a multimillion dollar entertainment industry.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If its so easy for a group of nooby hackers to work out whats going on then it should stand that the locations are probably NOT targets but the hassle and cost of ensuring that such events go's on will ensure many lulz from the terrorists as they just send bomb and anti terrorism officers all around the country.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mizzijr

The true DEFCON level is classified. There are a lot of sites that claim to know it, but it's not broadcast to the public.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I see. Thanks, that makes sense.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
DEFCON levels are determined from legitimate threats by foreign military powers. ISIS is a terrorist organization, monitored by a whole different part of the government.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
DEFCON is primarily a state of nuclear readiness, not readiness for conventional warfare.

FPCON and REDCON ( force protection condition and readiness condition) are much more indicative of the current state of threat and readiness. Even amongst those, levels can vary from one installation to the next. For example, if there's hard Intel that, say, Fort Belvoir is going to be attacked on a given date, Belvoir would be put on FPCON Charlie, and nearby installations would be at Bravo or Charlie. Meanwhile, an air base in Alaska is probably at Alpha, maybe Bravo.

REDCON is specific to individual commands as to their state of readiness to get to work.

Really wouldn't worry about DEFCON being low.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The true DEFCON level is classified. There are a lot of sites that claim to know it, but it's not broadcast to the public.

Eoooo, this is intriguing. Care to share what "sites" that claim to know it?

I used Google but didn't get any fun results.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I noticed that a Five Finger Death Punch concert is targeted in Milan.
They are American.
They are a death metal band.
They are from Las Vegas.
All things that ISIS doesn't like.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

www.defconwarningsystem.com...
www.defconlevel.com...

Infowars and BiN also claim to know.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The general public will never know until it is too late to take precautions.
No need to cause mass panic since everyone is going to die anyway.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If we ever hit 1, it's pretty much kiss your ass goodbye.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

That government should watch McGruber then, huh?

Most wrestlers seem fake to me.
Their fights seem more and more staged.
I don't know, it's just all sorta fishy, like what kind of name is The Undertaker? Or 1-2-3 Kid? Can't be real. Except for The Ultimate Warrior, of course.

And what about the Refs? They're constantly distracted!
edit on 21-11-2015 by NearLifeExperience because: forgot a ddt, i mean dot

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Crap!!!!! I have tickets for tomorrow night in Atlanta. The line to the DHS anal probe station will be a mile long.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NearLifeExperience

I don't know, it's just all sorta fishy, like what kind of name is The Undertaker? Or 1-2-3 Kid? Can't be real. Except for The Ultimate Warrior, of course.

OK. let me explain this one. Wrestlers are STUNTMEN and WOMEN who follow a loose script with some improvisation thrown in. The characters they portray are just that. characters. the moves arent fake,especially if someone "accidentally" misses a mark and actually connects with a real punch. People really do get hurt doing it. most of th etime though they are good enough that they know how to fall and act like they are getting beat up.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
DEFCON usually applies to nuclear war and other military situations not the threat posed by terrorism to the homeland and is kept classified. On saying that however during the attacks of 9/11 US armed forces did go to DEFCON 3 and were on standby to go to DEFCON 2.

There is a separate system that issues terrorism alerts called the National Terrorism Advisory System but since its inception in 2011 it has never actually issued a threat alert.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

removed image

damn i forgot they phased this out in went to the National Terrorism Advisory System OtherSideOfTheCoin posted about.

it only has two threat levels "elevated" or "imminent.
here's the wiki

Under the National Terrorism Advisory System, alerts will be issued under either the category of "elevated" or "imminent."[1] According to Napolitano, "When [the Department of Homeland Security has] information about a specific, credible threat, [it] will issue a formal alert providing as much information as [it] can."[3] When an alert is provided to the public it includes the following information if it is available: geographic region, mode of transportation, critical infrastructure potentially affected by the threat; protective actions authorities are taking, and steps individuals or communities should be taking to protect themselves and families.[10] This includes providing government agencies and emergency officials with threat assessments, as well as using news outlets and social networking resources to notify the public.[7] It will also outline steps to take in response to a particular terrorist threat.[9] Individual threat alerts are issued for a specific amount of time. At the end of this time, the threat alert automatically expires. If new information becomes available the threat alert may be extended. Information on whether the threat has been extended or is expiring will be distributed to the public the same way the original notification was made.[11]
Alert System

i'm not sure if if the military other than being already deployed to a threat area would use this. more than likely they would use FPCON and REDCON as Shamrock said
edit on 22-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Thank you, that's very sweet of you.

Now, if we're both using the word 'wrestlers' as code for 'politicians' or 'terrorists', and the words 'fights' and 'moves' for 'threats' and 'attacks', the two of us have a sad hell of a joke going on. But don't get me wrong, I'm not laughing.

While on the other hand, worrying about DEFCON does give me a bit of a chuckle, a sad and nervous chuckle.
It's telling of a personal DEFCON out of order.
My chuckle is not to belittle the ones in worry or fear, it's about how things have become.

The amount of fear generated is scary.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Thank you, that's very sweet of you.

Now, if we're both using the word 'wrestlers' as code for 'politicians' or 'terrorists', and the words 'fights' and 'moves' for 'threats' and 'attacks', the two of us have a sad hell of a joke going on. But don't get me wrong, I'm not laughing.

While on the other hand, worrying about DEFCON does give me a bit of a chuckle, a sad and nervous chuckle.
It's telling of a personal DEFCON out of order.
My chuckle is not to belittle the ones in worry or fear, it's about how things have become.

The amount of fear generated is scary.

Ah so the owners of the WWE do write the scripst for the government! no wonder i find them so boring. Yeah lot sof fear though. Although why be afraid? were all gonna die someday so if you heart th esirens one day,just kick back and watch the sky glowing(well until your eyeballs melt that is)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Obviously wrestling is scripted which is different then fake..hell even most shoot (supposedly real) scenarios are a work(script device).

That being said the physical toll taken on prowrestlers is unmatched by most professions.

Severe injuries and even death have occured multiple times..hell a current wrestler just tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus yet finished the match after calling for a true injury adjustment

Anyway..yes its scripted, yet people get hurt and yes DEFCON is a great thing for movies but like others said earlier it's true level is not made public and from an opsec perspective it makes sense that it is not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join