It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi and The Black Knight

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Soda companies have been using worldwide peace to sell sugar drinks for a long time. Anyone old enough should remember this Coke commercial from the 70s:

I think Pepsi and Coke want their product to be seen as one without borders, and that its a product that anyone from any country can enjoy. The message being:

"We're all different, but we can all come together as one species to agreement that Pepsi is delicious".

If you want to understand the Pepsi video, put yourself in the shoes of a Pepsi executive and an advertising expert. Pick apart the themes and the underlying message. Ask yourself:

1. How does it make me feel?

2. What is this trying to make me feel?

3. How do these feelings relate to spending money?

The idea of this video is to inspire hope, warm feelings of peace, harmony, unity and curiosity. Are you more likely to buy Pepsi if you are in a good mood? Perhaps in a warm, harmonious mood, possibly curious about Pepsi since it's been a while since you've had one?

Scared people don't buy as many things outside of survival gear and the necessary things to stay alive. People's pocketbooks are tight when they are afraid.

So, if we mix pop culture (there's an uptick in sci-fi as of late) with a message that can inspire hope, peace, harmony and curiosity -- we're going to probably sell more product. If we make the video mysterious enough, it'll go viral and reach more folks.

So...there you go. That's my take on it...

Hey, ad agencies -- you can hire me anytime, I can sell sand to a horseshoe crab.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
.....So this doesn't mean all Pepsi drinkers are alien-human hybrids spawned from the Black Knight?
awwww........so disappointing!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh, and the guy sitting with his daughter with headphones? I have his headphones.

I was like, "Hey! I have those AKG headphones!"

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: joshuaislord

Oh and don't forget tried to kill Michael Jackson...Illuminati anyone?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: MichaelSalCimmino

It's a very good piece and very optimistic

What do you think the creators were trying achieve?

Sales.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The only discrepancy is the heavy emphasis placed on the source material of the ad rather than their own product. UFO's and alien contact are one thing, but The Black Knight is about as fringe as it gets. Not to mention the V cloud formation. They're playing on a phenomenon that's pretty detached from the majority of their customers.

It's as if it's aimed at those of us who can see through the façade...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Could they be jumping on the X Files revival bandwagon? Like so many freaking companies are probably going to do over the next 3 months? Yes, yes they freaking could.

Do I want to watch a video of people chatting on phones and some fireworks? Do I care what some multinational company thinks of a conspiracy theory that has not had any traction for decades? No, f*** off Pepsi. The end.
edit on 21-11-2015 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
holy shizznit folks its just a F****** movie.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

Extensive advertising movie with a very unusual message. When a company spends that much money on a message so far from their actual product, I find that more meaningful than meaningless.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thinking about it now from a marketing perspective, this is BIG! Knowing that a strong mass of persons are becoming atheists and the world on the brink of world war 3 because of 'Religious' beliefs, Aliens would be the massive game changer as well as peace.

If pepsi gets people to unite then the reason the world avoided ww3 would be because of this brand
and even if it's not avoided at least they tried and made a big impact, so support pepsi.

Such a great marketing team.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

what message? its just a movie. advertising is how you get people to pay for your product. and im betting they are banking on the fact that people will start misconstruing their reasons and make a big fuss about it. but no. they are about to disclose alien presence or something. theres no way they are just making a movie. that would be sooo unusual.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's this and it worked pretty good on us conspiracy geeks

Nah, pretty sure it's more than just to usher in new music from Usher...

Not saying it's aliens, but it is a weird advert.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Extensive advertising movie with a very unusual message. When a company spends that much money on a message so far from their actual product, I find that more meaningful than meaningless.

I agree. The Black Knight is an obscure thing to make a short film about, especially to sell pop. Or music.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

Project Blue Beam? Who knows, radial Islam/terrorism might be some kind of engineered thing to make people get rid of organized religion. That's part of Blue Beam (removal of major world religions)...combine that with a fake alien invasion threat...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

what message?

It's a message about the thing in space and countries around the world getting together.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

Interesting . During the fifties and sixties a rocket called black knight was launching satellites from Woomera rocket range Australia .

The Woomera range has also been used for rocketry.[1] During the 1950s, the Black Knight rocket (as a component of Blue Streak) was tested at the range.[1] The first rocket launch occurred in 1957, and continued until the last satellite launch, Prospero X-3 in 1971.[

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

you mean sort of how the message in the captain america movie was about how the nazis survived and tried to enact a new world order by force? wow dude, no way its just a movie for entertainment, must be a significant precursor to some event. theres no way they are just taking themes from popular culture and making movies about it.
edit on 21-11-2015 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2015 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Only The Illuminati can fund/produce this one world government trap...

And 95% of replies are proof of hiding the OBVIUOS propaganda piece.
edit on 21-11-2015 by Granite because: sp

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

you mean sort of how the message in the captain america movie was about how the nazis survived and tried to enact a new world order by force?

No. More like how Spiderman was bitten by a spider and then he got spider powers and could shoot webs out of his wrists and stuff.

wow dude, no way its just a movie for entertainment, must be a significant precursor to some event. theres no way they are just taking themes from popular culture and making movies about it.

You might be reading a little too much into this, I think they are just selling Pepsi.

edit on 21-11-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

#sarcasm. i thought that was obvious. im saying that people here are reading too far into it. or are you being sarcastic? im confused.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join