It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now...........I Am A " Believer "

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I believe too but several times I was fooled by really high tech helicopters, over the ocean here they drop weird flares that multiply and everyone thinks they are aliens but they aren't, not saying yours wasn't real,just saying try to rule out those when you see lights.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
a reply to: alldaylong

I remember my first 'experience'. It was like I was watching a cartoon, knowing NOTHING can do those types of maneuvers, it all felt surreal.

Everyone is a skeptic until they experience it themselves.

I've seen five, one was in a picture i took. Still don't believe in aliens but
extraterrestrial might apply.
edit on Ram112215v34201500000006 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: schuyler

You say you saw something that has "no rational explanation," and I'm struggling with what that means.

I noticed you stopped asking questions, I just wanted to add something about witnessing 'thingys'.

Its the angular, abrupt change of direction with no radius of turn, its the total silence when anything that fast should be rumbling the sky with rockets or jet engines… oh, and the neon blue color of the light, like no other hue.

Then theres others there who see the same thing, both friends and strangers. Finally the lifetime of wondering, never having seen such before or since.

Aircraft that produce noise are not always audible to the observer.

Perspective can make wide turns appear to be zero-radius.

Blue is one possible color for conventional aircraft lights. Law enforcement helicopters and advertising blimps to name a couple.
edit on 22-11-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
wow funny that you say that, i guess thats what i have came to be....always noticing these weird things that ive gotten comfortable, just like you said....but always does make me wonder...grrr which of the millions of species was just there lol and why didnt you say hello....!
a reply to: wastedown

haha!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Firstly, may i thank all those who have contributed to this thread. You input has been much appreciated.

Secondly, may i just dispel one suggestion. This " thing " which i witnessed was in no way a RC Model. It was flying high, very high. We are talking the upper atmosphere.

I am still trying to come to terms with what i witnessed. It has been an utterly amazing experience, and all i wish to do now is find answers to what i observed. Where those answers will come from i have no idea at present.

Thank you all once again.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You say you saw something that has "no rational explanation," and I'm struggling with what that means.

I noticed you stopped asking questions, I just wanted to add something about witnessing 'thingys'.

Its the angular, abrupt change of direction with no radius of turn, its the total silence when anything that fast should be rumbling the sky with rockets or jet engines… oh, and the neon blue color of the light, like no other hue.

From your perspective on the ground there may be no radius of turn, but you may not be in a position to see the turn at all. If it turned toward you or away from you you would not see the radius of the turn at all. As far as noise is concerned, if the object is very high (which is what is said) you wouldn't hear it at all either. That assumes the object is in the atmosphere and capable of "making sound" in the first place. The object's distance means you have no depth of field data so you don;t have a perspective on size either, like you would, for example, if the object went in front of a tree.

Please understand that I believe OP saw a genuine UFO. I'm not trying to interpret it away by claiming it's swamp gas, just trying to limit the interpretation to what was actually seen. The "Now I believe" attitude got me to wondering just how far over the edge OP went. If he had said, "Now I believe aliens from space for sure" I would have had a much different reaction, but he has been lucid and precise in his replies, so I'm satisfied.

The problem with daylight disks and nocturnal lights is that you really can't go very far with them. They are just small lights in the sky and there is a tendency for people to extrapolate great leaps of faith from them when it isn't really justified. Although OP clearly feels this was a profound experience, he's not doing that.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Then theres others there who see the same thing, both friends and strangers. Finally the lifetime of wondering, never having seen such before or since.

You just reminded me that in my sighting, the orb was completely silent. Not a sound. And it was probably only a few hundred feet above me.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Yes, about a year ago, I saw the same thing. It actually flew up close to a low flying airplane, then stopped on a dime, then in the blink of an eye, took off in the other direction at a crazy fast speed, and just like that, it vanished.
edit on Jpm11000000pmSun, 22 Nov 2015 13:16:42 -060015 13 by Mjab6910 because: Typo

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
After my sightings it made me wonder how many of these things are whizzing about and I realised there must be millions of them for me to of seen what I saw...but my biggest problem with it all is that they aren't officially acknowledged or don't seem to of been observed by people with big F off telescopes and search for a living...this I don't get

Don't get me wrong here but because I look up a lot I do see a great deal of satellites and I enjoy watching them too...so I do know the difference to what I saw

edit on 22-11-2015 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yeah, when you do see one, it's like "son of a ...." It changes everything in your belief system about the world. I was always a 'believer' even before my sighting but it's not until you actually see it, it turns that belief from one-dimensional into something more profound with depth and meaning. Hard to explain. It's like having an ah-ha moment. Scary, exciting, and more importantly it means the whole world is being lied to. There's no way world governments don't know about it and they probably have tech pretty close to duplication. Or at least working like mad to duplicate it. Hence, why they spend 13b dollars on the most advanced scientific experiment which includes 30 super power countries with direct ties along with:

Albania - Algeria - Argentina - Armenia - Australia - Azerbaijan - Bangladesh - Belarus - Bolivia - Brazil - Canada - Chile - China - Colombia - Costa Rica - Croatia - Cyprus - Ecuador - Egypt - Estonia - Georgia - Iceland - Iran - Jordan - Korea - Lithuania - Malta - Mexico - Mongolia - Montenegro - Morocco - New Zealand - Peru - Saudi Arabia - Slovenia - South Africa - Tunisia - The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Ukraine - United Arab Emirates - Vietnam - Cuba - Ghana - Ireland - Latvia - Lebanon - Madagascar - Malaysia - Mozambique - Palestine - Philippines - Qatar - Rwanda - Singapore - Sri Lanka - Taiwan - Thailand - Uzbekistan - as non-member contacts. Cern. it's not just particle smashing in my opinion.

Sorry to get off point. Yeah,, ufos are real and to see one changes everything.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The thing that I saw one night that baffled me the most was..... I saw a light go across the sky perfectly horizontal flight and yet the speed of it was incredible it went from East horizon to West horizon within the scope of my view within a split second and it was not like a shooting star it had no tail and all it was....was just a small white light that moved as I said at an incredible speed it covered the entire span of my view within a fraction of a second

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

Yep, sounds pretty much exactly like what I saw. I am an avid sky watcher, even during the day, I often look up.
Not many people look up at the sky these days. I don't often see UFOs, but I've found looking up is definitely worth it, because I'll usually see something cool, like shooting stars. I see them a lot, and every time I see one, I'm in awe.
OP will always be watching the skies now. Thanks for throwing caution outta the window, OP, and posting your experience here.
It makes me feel better about my sighting, because although I know what I saw was definitely a UFO, I love seeing all the responses here, from many others who've witnessed the same type of strange light in the sky. Makes me feel better for not being the only one who's seen this. Now I don't feel so alone. Thanks to everyone who has shared their experience as well.

edit on Jpm11000000pmSun, 22 Nov 2015 13:54:43 -060015 13 by Mjab6910 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Very cool. I just hope it wasn't some souped up Drone. But good for you

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
I have always been a skeptic on the UFO phenomena. However i have just witnessed something that i can give no explanation of whatever.

Just 15 minutes ago i was walking back home and happened to glance up into the sky. The sky here is 100% clear of any cloud cover.
As i glanced upward a small white light ( dot ) very high in the sky, came into my vision. I stopped walking to take notice of it. Initially i was convinced it was a satellite, as it was moving at a steady speed on a defined path.

However after about a minute or so, it stopped dead. It then moved back along the same path it had previously traveled, then stopped again. It's next path of direction was a 90degree turn. After about 20 seconds it then turned another 90 degrees and continued on.

Over the next few minutes it continued to carry out more erratic maneuvers across the visible sky ( stopping, turning, accelerating etc ). I only stopped viewing when it was no longer in my visible site. The whole episode lasted about 3 minutes.

I have never witnessed anything such as this. I know that there is nothing i am aware of that could carry out a " show " such as this.

I remember screaming at my mates to come out into the back garden to watch a 'light' moving across the sky around the side of my house. Both of them came out and the three of us watched it move for maybe 20 more seconds before it just stopped dead in the sky. It was a satellite type light. It stopped dead in the sky. It just stopped moving! Gives me shivers every time I think about it.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Just wondering why this isn't in the Grey Area... I've seen a dozen or so incredibly detailed personal UFO encounter reports by ATS members and they usually end up in the Grey Area along with ghost whisperers and other loonie stuff, when they should stay in the Aliens and UFOs IMHO... And then you have this thread and its 48 flags. Nothing personal OP, I'm happy for you, an advise if I may - just don't limit your "I'm a believer" to "I'm a believer in Aliens" because that would be pretty narrow-minded
Think about it, you've seen something really weird and completely out of the box of your personal experience so far, now start asking yourself what that thing actually is and why was it there. Usually digging deep unbiased would be the best coarse.

Anyway, inconsistencies like this tend to bother me, ATS, what say you?!
edit on 22-11-2015 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ch1n1t0

On the other side of the coin: I'd advise you not to go with: "I'm a believer in what the craziest people say no matter how ridiculous it sounds or what the evidence to the contrary" .

edit on 22-11-2015 by VP740 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Secondly, may i just dispel one suggestion. This " thing " which i witnessed was in no way a RC Model. It was flying high, very high. We are talking the upper atmosphere.

How were you able to determine that it was so high?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

Or "I just saw something pretty f*en weird and I don't know what to believe anymore". That's how smart people react. I just don't get the Believer part. Oh, and I just saw that you've mentioned in a post after the OP that you wouldn't consider saying anything of the likes "I know what I saw" or "I saw ze Aleens" so good for you, that's the way to go!

I guess it's a good time for you to dig deep into the UFO phenomenon to try and find out more about it now that you've experienced it yourself...

Just don't use the stupid "Believer" label upon yourself. Please. Usually you're required to shout Aliens to be in that camp. You do sound like more on the fence kind of person. You will pretty soon figure this one out, if you haven't yet.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So you're saying you don't know what it was, but you know how high it was. That's impossible.

This UFO was reported to be wider than a football field. The fact is if you don't know what something is, you can't tell how high it is, and that's the reason it fooled so many people into thinking it was a giant UFO.

I'm not saying this is what you saw, but it's a known example that people can't tell the height of an unknown object.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20062966]Arbitrageur[/post

I'm not saying this is what you saw, but it's a known example that people can't tell the height of an unknown object

I initially thought what i was observing was a satellite, that was because it was within the area of the sky i would expect a satellite to be. High, very very high.

I expect people to be skeptical, that is life. However i am no fool and i know what i witnessed. I cannot make others believe and that is not my job to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join