It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels in lock down , Active threat of 'Imminent' Terror Threat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj
I am not laughing.

More like jaw on the ground speechless watching this all play out.

SMH

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

They shouldn't over react. Spinning up the war rhetoric is exactly what happened in the US after 911.

Syria isn't responsible for this attack any more than Iraq was to blame for 911. The media should be applying calm, not ratcheting up the fear. They are on such a hair trigger over there, a few firecrackers make them panic like lemmings.

The media is directly responsible for the hair trigger fear the people of Europe are experiencing.

They are nothing alike. Iraq was not a threat. When we disbanded sadams elite they formed Isis. Isis is trying to create a caliphate of bizarre and extreme measures in Syria taking advantage of the civil war and shambles the country is in.

The two situations are not remotely close. Syria as a soveriefn nation may not be responsible but its not much of a nation anyway. It's been destroyed by the civil war. Isis is very much controlling vast regions of Syria.

What should we do? I don't really have that answer...but what we have been doing does not work.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Exactly.

Like I said, watching this play out seems so familiar.

Strange times we live in.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

The rest is John Wayne bullcrap mixed with Orwellian nightmare conspiracy theory.

Except for the French Air craft carrier leaving for Syria, planned for ahead of the attacks.

Also is the case the USS George Bush arrived on station and began air operations in Syria about the time the Isis crisis was first unveiled in the media.

I'll let the warmongers disprove that with their links…

edit on 21-11-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier
It is all different scenes of the same grand play.

I think there are a few who think it is working to perfection.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
@All

The point I was making was purely about the Belgian government's response to the current threat, not the wider implications of the terrorist threat in general.
Belgium finds itself in the eye of the storm regarding terrorism and the government in that country, after having found an arms cache and then subsequently receiving what they state as seriously credible evidence of a massive terrorist attack, issued warnings to the general public and basically closed down Brussels.

I was commenting on the actual, on the ground situation. I do not believe this is some move in a chess game, I believe this was a radical but necessary response to a very real threat.
edit on 21-11-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Or we might thank them for not allowing our family or friends to die in a horrific attack.

Yeah, cuz they care just that much, right?

George Carlin said it best, "they want you to think they care! "

They care about your work product, what you contribute to their goals. You are a commodity, a means to an agenda.
They are protecting their interest...you.

Am I cynical? I likely am.

But I am awake.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
It is all different scenes of the same grand play.

I think there are a few who think it is working to perfection.

It's possible and I don't agree with clamping down on civil liberties but I have serious doubts they can plan these things. It's more likely they just take advantage of what's happening and influence outcomes. However these things go wrong very quickly. I think Isis was prob a mistake they thought could be controlled. Either way whether created or not I still don't agree with how Muslims view reality.

It's funny that all the people who dis Christianity on this site protect the Muslims.

I think we need to stay out of the region all together and they would probably be more likely to leave us alone.

I hate religious dogma and superstitions. And to me the Muslim point f view other than select branches like Sufism are some of the worst out there. I have been to the ME and observed this personally not just on the internet. They want us to go back a couple hundred years of social evolution like the extremist Christian and Hindus.
edit on 21-11-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The thing is, in my opinion, all these weapons and bombs being found before the attacks happening either speaks about the ineptitude of ISIS or a planned step in a global police state. I tend to go with the latter personally. Either the Belgium government is playing along or they're a pawn in the game.

I know you said you don't believe in a "chess game" is being played, but if you actually think about what's happening, it all seems to be planned.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The thing is, in my opinion, all these weapons and bombs being found before the attacks happening either speaks about the ineptitude of ISIS or a planned step in a global police state. I tend to go with the latter personally. Either the Belgium government is playing along or they're a pawn in the game.

I know you said you don't believe in a "chess game" is being played, but if you actually think about what's happening, it all seems to be planned.

It's nearly impossible to orchestrate giant conspiracies without something going wrong by sheer probability never mind human behavior. Not saying its not possible to have a plan that is variable but its very unlikely when you think of how much has to go right logistically to pull of a massive complex conspiracy.

IMO its far more likely to not do something defensively let a tragedy happen and then use the fall out to achieve an agenda.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

When money is involved almost anything is possible. If you threaten those who are involved and their families if they have "loose lips"then people will do almost anything without saying a word, not to mention a god who rewards those for doing these things.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

When money is involved almost anything is possible. If you threaten those who are involved and their families if they have "loose lips"then people will do almost anything without saying a word, not to mention a god who rewards those for doing these things.

But the probability of outcomes is against such a complex situation. Money does not effect the physics of the universe. Stuff happens and best layed plans go to waste. Having so many moving parts create adaptive problems. It's easier for a psychopath lunatic to do damage because he doesn't have to collaborate with anyone.

I don't know. I think it's more a don't let a good tragedy go to waste than a huge conspiracy. These egomaniacs around the world aren't humble enough to come up with adaptive strategies. They want their own visions not a collaboration. That just has too many parts to wrong.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Orwell anyone?

The house to house searches will commence next due to the 'threat'. Be good citizens and don't struggle.
This is for YOUR safety and security.

We will thank them for our enslavement

And if they did nothing, and another 130 people were murdered in the streets and venues around Brussels, you would then be on here screaming about how they knew it was going to happen and it was all a sinister plot...

Right?

You're just one of those people who is absolutely 100% suspicious of all governments and everything they do, despite years of the same Alex Jones style ranting and absolutely nothing coming from it.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The media is directly responsible for the hair trigger fear the people of Europe are experiencing.

What fear ? , I see anger but little in the way of fear , look at the footage from Brussels you see people continuing what they are there to do regardless of the troops and police on the street.

We are not frightened we are angry and the sooner Daesh are as dust the better.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

All it takes is religion and money. Convince some Muslims who are pissed off at the West for bombing their home for a decade that God has recruited them to pay back the evil West and throw a little money in and they'll do about anything you ask. My opinion of course.

I think it has all been planned long beforehand personally, there's a video floating around where the former Secretary of Defense (I think) talked about a plan to take over certain Middle Eastern countries before we ever even invaded and it has worked exactly like that plan so far. When he was asked about it later, he refused to comment on it. I can't find it right now but I'll post it if I do. If they could pull that off, why not this whole thing with ISIS?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

All it takes is religion and money. Convince some Muslims who are pissed off at the West for bombing their home for a decade that God has recruited them to pay back the evil West and throw a little money in and they'll do about anything you ask. My opinion of course.

I think it has all been planned long beforehand personally, there's a video floating around where the former Secretary of Defense (I think) talked about a plan to take over certain Middle Eastern countries before we ever even invaded and it has worked exactly like that plan so far. When he was asked about it later, he refused to comment on it. I can't find it right now but I'll post it if I do. If they could pull that off, why not this whole thing with ISIS?

Historically speaking things like wht you suggest are very temporary and usually backfire. Like I said the probability is against them. Isis gaining to much power or a weapon/s getting in the wrong hands creating unintended consequences is far to probable going far beyond casualties of war.

Like I said they may try to influence outcomes but the plan going as planned is very unlikely. You can have a dictator do this kind of stuff but a coalition of powers that be just wouldn't likely be able to produce an adaptive plan and have them all keep in line for a common cause is very unlikely.

This stuff does work in battle but as a global control method I just don't see it as likely or likely going as intended. Especially for decades.

I don't think a group of elites can get together and stay on board with a plan without stabbing each other in the back and climbing over each other for control.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

IMO its far more likely to not do something defensively let a tragedy happen and then use the fall out to achieve an agenda.

The state needs enemies, fabricated or not, to justify maintaining control.

Europe has always been a hot bed of rivalry, conquest and payback.

Look up on al the hilltops in greater Europe, what do you see?

Castles.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

But the probability of outcomes is against such a complex situation.

Not if the states security and information dissemination apparatus (the police and news media) are in state control.

The outcome will always favor the states agenda whatever that may be.

Here in the west we are familiar with the corporate military industrial complex, wresting control away from the people through whats called PACS, (Political Action Committees) campaign contributions, i.e., bribes, to favor legislation that supports endless war, endless debt and media complicity.

Welcome to the new world order. Now Europe is getting their turn in the 'emergency' meat grinder.

Look at whats happened. The UN security council is announcing their support to take any action against terrorism, anywhere. A few years ago they vetoed the US (NATO) mandate to "intervene" (invade) Syria. After the Paris attack, Carte Blanche.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ddrneville
Sorry, already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS allows a story in Breaking Alternative News....and one in another forum.
It is the only exception to the duplicate topic rule.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The state needs enemies, fabricated or not, to justify maintaining control.

Europe has always been a hot bed of rivalry, conquest and payback.

Look up on al the hilltops in greater Europe, what do you see?

Castles.

I don't necessarily agree. Humans war plenty in domestic scale culture (tribes). Castles and civil society came through the evolution of the social contract. Animals fight the universe has violent catastrophic events.

Those castles fell quite often mind you. The nature of greed devours any sort of intelligent planning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join