It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Security Council unanimously approves war on Daesh

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I originally added an addendum to that post.

Money. The Saudis have it.
And war creates it.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You know how the mafia wraps all its illegal money-making scams up in charitable giving and benevolent words? Then the Big Bosses laugh all the way to the bank? To me, that describes the UN to a tee.

UN War on Daesh (gotta get that Islamic reference out now...lol)?

I see a Big Request For More Fund Commitments coming on while the wild beast just continues to roam the earth seeking to devour someone.

Soon we will have a Global Tax to fight Daesh along with a Global Tax to fight climate change....all going to the Big Bosses of the UN, of course.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Did you just call me ignorant? Pretty sure you don't know squat about me or my knowledge of the reality of this world.

Take a deep breath and inhale the freedom you have because I know WHY you have it!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Well...what took them so long to do this is the question?

Did the US prevent this from being done earlier?

I’m just a citizen but last year at the first sign of ISIS I said they should do something like this and get 10 thousand troops from 10 countries and in 2 weeks exterminate ISIS

If this was done ISIS would be history by now and many people would be alive.

Sill what are they going to do?

Probably not much

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

I'm confused. Does this mean the worthless suits that sit in the UN building and attend endless meetings and give boring speeches are going to arm up and go fight in Syria?

It'll be a very short war but traffic conditions in NYC should improve dramatically.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Should read, 'war on Syria'.

The rebels will be collateral damage, the state of Syria must go.

As far as bombs on ground…

Thats why the police planted fake syrian passports next to the terrorist, all done so West would rise against Russia which is protecting the Syrian Government. Why is the world threatening a nuclear war with Russia over 130 dead people (RIP). France looses ten fold that every year in car fatalities?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

originally posted by: intrptr

Should read, 'war on Syria'.

The rebels will be collateral damage, the state of Syria must go.

As far as bombs on ground…

Thats why the police planted fake syrian passports next to the terrorist, all done so West would rise against Russia which is protecting the Syrian Government. Why is the world threatening a nuclear war with Russia over 130 dead people (RIP). France looses ten fold that every year in car fatalities?

The more they play it up the bigger an issue it becomes in everyones mind.

Russia might be the eventual goal, but right now its like you say, Syria ( then Iran ).

Eventually though, the western madmen in charge will, for some maddman reason, make the same damn mistake that Hitler made and Napoleon before him… attacking Russia.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

they "redoubled efforts" , well good on them. Double or quadruple it, it makes no never mind.

Here's my last cent, melt it down and murder someone with it.

You can't fight a war on terror anymore than you can fight a war on drugs.

You can however, fund it.

Reposting that bit, well said.

Stock prices of factories for war are climbing again.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Please stop with the "daesh" propaganda term BS.

It is Islamic State, ISIS or ISIL.

Daesh is a term that has been pushed by CAIR and leftist politicians and media to try and take the emphasis off of Islam.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Why has this taken two years?

Why does Saudi Arabia get to head a council on human rights when they engage in the same practices as the Islamic State?

Because we are living in a madhouse.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It seems France was promised some of the syrian pie from a G8 (excluding Russia) meeting if this man is right...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Saudi, Turkey allied with ISIS being exposed.

edit on 21-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
I don't know if the following has a more official source to confirm it as I find only secondary news sources, news pages that I cannot confirm. However I thought it might be of interests to post it then see what we can pull out of it.

The United Nations Security Council has called for “all necessary measures” to fight Daesh Takfiri terrorists after France presented a draft resolution to the 15-member council calling for a war on the terror group.

The French-proposed resolution, which was adopted unanimously in a Security Council meeting, calls on all countries to “take the war on terrorism” to Daesh-controlled territory in Syria and Iraq and destroy its “safe haven,” the council said in a statement on Friday.

The statement also warned that the Takfiri group “has the capability and intention” to mount further deadly attacks like the ones it launched on Paris and Beirut last week. It added that the threat posed by Daesh would make all regions and member states, even those far from the conflict zones, suffer.

www.presstv.ir...

The source comes from the iranian PressTv and is quoted widely from other online sources. The only one I could find that is close to the above, is from yahoo news which seams to quoted from AFP

United Nations (United States) (AFP) - The UN Security Council on Friday authorized countries to "take all necessary measures" to fight the Islamic State group in a resolution that won unanimous backing a week after the Paris attacks. The measure drafted by France calls on all UN member states to "redouble and coordinate their efforts to prevent and suppress terrorist attacks" committed by IS and other extremist groups linked to Al-Qaeda.

French President Francois Hollande welcomed the adoption, saying the resolution would "help mobilise nations to eliminate Daesh" (IS), which has claimed responsibility for the attacks that left 130 dead in Paris.

news.yahoo.com...

Not entirely accurate. This is the key phrase:

"The resolution does not provide any legal basis for military action and does not invoke chapter seven of the UN charter that authorizes the use of force."

For the uninitiated, for actual full military force to be legal, a Chapter VII resolution has to be passed legitimizing it.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Does this mean UN forces can go anywhere that Islamic terrorists are?
Which means pretty much everyplace but Antarctica.

Nope. Force is not authorized. No "war" is happening.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

edit on 23-11-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Please stop with the "daesh" propaganda term BS.

It is Islamic State, ISIS or ISIL.

Daesh is a term that has been pushed by CAIR and leftist politicians and media to try and take the emphasis off of Islam.

You should educate yourself a wee bit on the word you so dislike...it's not propaganda...

Beyond the acronym, “Daesh” sounds lie the Arabic “Daes”, meaning “one who crushes something underfoot” as well as “Dahes”, which means “one who sows discord”.
-- source

Daesh, ISIS, ISIL, IS are not actually Islam they are liars and frauds posing as Islam in order to create a monster. They are the greatest enemy of Islam in the history of Islam. Their goal is to ignite a religious war between the two greatest religious faction ever to exist. Our only hope is to educate ourselves so that we can recognize the real threat.

Daesh is the enemy, not Islam. Daesh is a group of people, not an ideology.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm always pondering.

Whatever will they call the terrorists next week?

sis'is?

One really does wonder. How real, they really bloody are.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I posted here the first sign of ISIS that the UN should have sent an expeditionary force of 100,000 troops form many countries to ice ISIS in a month.

If they had done that this crises would have been over and only the mopping up of these zombies would have been taking place

These idiots are just getting around to agreeing to a war on them

The US is primarily responsible for the UN half-stepping

They want their covert operation to play out

top topics

<< 1   >>

join