It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver files complaint after traffic stop in Rosenberg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This story is from a Texas news station and I can't figure out how to embed the video, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 articles from the same source, 1 day apart. The first gives more detail.
www.click2houston.com...
www.click2houston.com...

The story goes like this - A man was pulled over for a failure to signal. When the officer discovered he had a concealed weapon, he called for backup and arrested the man. The officer calmly takes to the guy, asks if he has his driver's license and insurance,the man says "Yeah, why am I being pulled over?" The officer replies "I'll tell ya in just a minute". Then asks the driver -

In the dashcam video, police Officer Schnacky asked, "You have your handgun with you today?"
Gonzalez replied, "I sure do."

The officer walks away, calls for backup and after backup arrives, arrests the man for "traffic violations". The officer comes up with all kinds of excuses and tells the man he is being arrested for "failure to signal and an obstructed view". In the report, the officer says he perceived a threat, saying he told the man several times to put his hands on the wheel, but we don't hear that in the video, we hear the officer plainly tell him, "You are under arrest for traffic violations". The driver says he was 'Arrested for traffic violations, but nonstop talk about my handgun"
The man was later released.

Gonzalez said he filed his first complaint in August of 2014, within days of the traffic stop and arrest.
He said he did not threaten the officer.

He told KPRC 2, "Asked questions. By asking questions, you're automatically labeled as argumentative. And having a weapon on you automatically makes you dangerous."

Officials in the department say the officer followed procedure, but then, why this ?

Rosenberg police said the officer involved in the traffic stop resigned and is no longer with the department.

Was he encouraged to resign?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

About video imbedding- if the button isn't working, the code for YT videos is:
[y vid] xXxX [/y vid]
Copy the YouTube link, and plug it in where the XXxX are (and eliminate all the the spaces).
Works great on mobile as there's no YT imbed option.
Hope this helps!

On Topic:
There is a shockingly high frequency of incidences where police fail to declare their motive for arrest.
Chalk it up to poor training or individual irresponsibility, it doesn't make a difference.
Police are supposed to be here to protect and serve.
They have an obligation to state if you are under arrest/detained or not, and if so for what reason.
An arrest without stated reason is unlawful.
Unfortunately, our militarized and dystopian system has seen to it that these beloved civil servants have become bullies and gangsters with a lessened sense of morality in the face of power.

edit on 21-11-2015 by ADAMandEVIL because: Typo

edit on 21-11-2015 by ADAMandEVIL because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2015 by ADAMandEVIL because: Ugh another typo

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

It used to be that way.

The Patriot Act changed the playing field. They can now detain, arrest, kick in your doors, take everything you own and you can either be arrested indefinitely (Gitmo) or killed with impunity.

It's time we start treating them like what they really are......an occupying force.

Enough said.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Thanks! I know how to do the Youtube vids, but this was from a news website and for the life of me, I can never get the *&#@! things to work.

new topics

top topics

join