It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgium raises terror threat level to level 4 (highest level) for Brussels

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Brussels (AFP) - Belgium raised its terror alert to the highest level in the capital Brussels on Saturday, with the OCAM national crisis centre warning of an "imminent threat" a week after the Paris attacks.

he centre urged citizens to avoid crowded areas such as concerts and transport hubs in Belgium's capital, which is also home to the European Union and NATO headquarters.

The officials declined to add further details until later on Saturday "in order to allow ongoing judicial investigations to follow their course," the statement said.

Belgium raises terror threat level to level 4 (highest level) for Brussels

The threat level is now a "level four" meaning "serious and imminent treath" for Brussels.

The crisis center is urging people to avoid all public places, like concerts, airports, public transportation and crowded shopping centers.

All metro stations are closed "by order of the police,"

No additional details have been communicated for now.

Stay safe, and watch out my fellow citizens!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: whismermill

I seen this on ninemsn a while ago . Looks like they are shutting down all their rail systems for the next 24 hours .

All metro train stations in Brussels will be closed on Saturday, the city's public transport network said after Belgium raised the capital's terror alert to the highest level, warning of an "imminent threat"

Terrorism is just about that . Terror . It would be easy for me to say screw em go about your lives , but i dont live there .
www.9news.com.au...
edit on 21-11-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

not only subway stations are closed, also major cultural events like concerts are being cancelled. Even the Atomium has been closed:

Due to the current situation in Brussels, the ‪#‎Atomium‬ remains closed today. Many thanks for your understanding. The Atomiumteam.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Prime minister Charles Michel has indeed announced that there are concrete indications for a terrorist attack in Brussels.
The capital is on his highest alert (level 4)

www.rtlnieuws.nl...

The last time Belgium was on level 4 was back in 2007 when they had indications of a possible attempt to break out Nizar Trabelsi from jail, the man who was planning a terrorist attack on NATO HQ.

edit on 21-11-2015 by Ddrneville because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
one newspaper reports that chemicals and explosives have been found after investigations in Molenbeek yesterday evening

c hemicals and explosives found in Molenbeek

the findings of "chemicals" may explain as of why the metro has been closed down, imo. It would be interesting to hear which chemical were found, as to identify what kind of weapons these terrorists were fabricating
edit on 21-11-2015 by whismermill because: additional info added

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Stay safe Brussels. Know that you have the world standing in solidarity and in defiance of these SOB's with you.

We will not be moved and we will not be intimidated by their crap.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
There is a live update here in English.

Brussels alert

Stay indoors and avoid crowds seems to be the message. Stay safe is what I say.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
All shopping centres now being closed.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Best of luck to any in the area..

Here is to hoping they get them before they hurt anyone.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

thx

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
We will not be moved and we will not be intimidated by their crap.

Shutting down all the rail systems and cancelling all public gatherings doesent really send a message that we are not intimidated, quite the opposite.

But yeah,better be safe than sorry especially if they found chemichals. I hope that this is nt the indicator of times to come.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
must be pretty concrete intel....

with the UN now publicly calling for war against ISIS, another major incident would move us closer to what ISIS wants.. a major confrontation.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Very stressing times for our small little Belgium. But we won't back down! Sad to say, as I'm a muslim myself, but I hope we get the filth that are ruining my weekend. @Wishermill, are you Belgian as well? If you're in the area, stay safe.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: whismermill

Coming from Israel, this is unbelievable to read this kind of news from Europe... 15 years ago we had about 2-3 suicide bombers a day exploding in crowded places, and then a big wall was built to stop it... I hope Europe won't need these kind of solution-making, but the future looks grim...

edit on 21-11-2015 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm trying to figure out ISIS. What are their demands? What would get them to stop. Is THIS what they want?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

Your muslim populaltion is more integrated into the region, long term you are more likely to achieve a balance with them (even if the rest of the Islamic world will never accept Israel). It is very different here in Europe. Many communities are not integrated, they live in the cities and the jobs they came here for (textiles in the UK) have gone to cheaper manufacturing countries, but the descendants of those muslim migrants are still in these regions, where unemployment is rife. The future needn't look grim as you put it, but these communities are being brainwashed by the thing I'm on now, the internet. The internet is being used to brainwash a segment of the youth, maybe we don't need a wall made of concrete like you have, maybe we need a wall of exclusion to keep the preachers of hate away from the dissolusioned youth.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm trying to figure out ISIS. What are their demands? What would get them to stop. Is THIS what they want?

I just quoted this on another thread, but it's the most fitting explanation I've seen so far. And it's from a tv show (Homeland):

"They're there for one reason and one reason only," he continues, "to die for the Caliphate and usher in a world without infidels. That's their strategy and it's been that way since the 7th century."

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Europe 2015

This is one marriage they won't forget.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Maybe this will answer your question.

www.cnsnews.com...

Iran News: ISIS Groomed 'By Zionists, Americans,’ Paris Attack a ‘Plot’ to Send Army to Mid-East

Edit:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And it is working.
edit on 21-11-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Edit again: If you do not want to believe the article because of the source, maybe you should reconsider believing supposedly more reputable sources. They are no more reliable than the Iranian article posted to CNS. I'll link back to a very good thread revealing previous post to elaborate on this statement.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21-11-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There is a higher level,level 5 and that's when they bring JKVD out

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join