It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange County, CA school district apologizes for making 7th graders sing Islamic 'fight song'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hopefully the teacher was fired and never teaches again....doubtful but hopeful.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: TechniXcality

We are only at war with them because WE chose to be!

WE have been bombing their homelands for decades and arming the rebels of the groups we fight today!

There is fanatics from all religions doing exacatly what you say, killing people while saying god is great.

a reply to: Deny Arrogance
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
If you held your breath you would have been fine.
a reply to: Murgatroid
rationalwiki.org...
Just like this chick right?
Gotta go after the kids and get them young!

edit on thFri, 20 Nov 2015 17:29:40 -0600America/Chicago1120154080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thFri, 20 Nov 2015 17:39:36 -0600America/Chicago1120153680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Do we need to do the same for all those that have over stepped putting the christian faith into the classroom?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Do we need to do the same for all those that have over stepped putting the christian faith into the classroom?

Sure thing...religion doesn't belong in schools. It is for parents to choose and decide.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Well good to see you apply it to all.

I think the schools would have the right to fire them, but don't think it should be a cut and dry cross this line and you are fired.

Repeat offenders sure.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Who do you think you are fooling?

You posted links to groups who have commited acts in the past. You claimed ALL religions commit such acts and acted like you were confused whether another poster was referring to the big muslim terror attack today or one of the attacks committed by all other religions that are allegedly not being covered by media.

I then asked you to list a single terrorist from all other religions that occurred today.

You failed to do so.

Muslim terror attacks are a daily occurrence while similar attack from all other religions are few and far between.

Thanks for proving my point.
edit on 20-11-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I think the schools would have the right to fire them, but don't think it should be a cut and dry cross this line and you are fired.

Repeat offenders sure.

Not sure why you'd think I would feel otherwise.

It should be cut and dry...no religion in public schools at all. You want religion in school, you go to a private religious school. Put it in the manual for teachers that religion is not to be taught and is a firing offense....pretty simple.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

"Public schools " (that we all pay taxes for?), ..are part of the "State"?...Hmm? What "state" would that be? Progressive? Conservative? Religious? Non-Religious? "Big Bang?".."Let there be a bang?"... "Church and State"? Never was an "American" law. You're arguing, using Progressive "law". But sound very "educated", to the point of sounding ignorant. "So help me God" is still part of a real Americans "oath"...separate that from "church and state". Oh wait?!!? They have. Now American "public school" kids are singing muslim tunes. We're so liberal, progressive and literally, love ourselves to death. Absolutely, no standards.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Oh since it didn't happen today then it doesn't happen?
Gotcha!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This is not a joke? I can't fathom the idiocy of it if it isn't.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
People have some short ass memories.

KONY 2012?

Remember, all the hipsters were outraged over their lattes about Joseph Kony just 3 short years ago.

A huge internet campaign was started to try to bring an end to the reign of the notorious terrorist leader who was well known for forcing children to become sex slaves and soldiers, to support his army of religious warriors.

They would cut off the arms of civilian men to "keep their hands out of this war".

They cut off the breasts and nipples of women to make them unable to feed their babies.

They were the horrible CHRISTIAN terror group, The Lord's Resistance Army.

Christian fanatics are just as evil and terrifying as Muslim fanatics.
edit on 20-11-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Repeat offenders sure.

Not sure why you'd think I would feel otherwise.

It should be cut and dry...no religion in public schools at all. You want religion in school, you go to a private religious school. Put it in the manual for teachers that religion is not to be taught and is a firing offense....pretty simple.

I agree 100%!

If you want your child to be taught a certain religion while getting an education...Private School of whatever religion the parents sees fit.

Like I said in my previous post...it's called separation of church and state.

It's very clearly written in the first amendment of the Constitution.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

"Public schools " (that we all pay taxes for?), ..are part of the "State"?...Hmm? What "state" would that be? Progressive? Conservative? Religious? Non-Religious? "Big Bang?".."Let there be a bang?"... "Church and State"? Never was an "American" law. You're arguing, using Progressive "law". But sound very "educated", to the point of sounding ignorant. "So help me God" is still part of a real Americans "oath"...separate that from "church and state". Oh wait?!!? They have. Now American "public school" kids are singing muslim tunes. We're so liberal, progressive and literally, love ourselves to death. Absolutely, no standards.

First amendment of the US Constitution...look it up. I promise you it is a real thing. lol

Public schools are part of the public sector...not private. So yes, part of the state.

Not sure what else you are trying to say with the rest of your rant but yes, separation of church and state is in the US constitution.
edit on 20-11-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

We aren't really that far apart on this, just the cut and dry issue.

Other issues involving schools have brought up the zero tolerance issue and really made me rethink it to a point.

I guess I am kinda at I want them to use zero tolerance if it is an egregious issue but at the same time not have that policy.
So I guess have some tolerance on the zero tolerance
if that makes sense.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Any "fanatics" are dangerous. Religious or not. You seem to be "fanatical" against religion..you could be a "science" fanatic or a fanatical atheist, bent on "denying ignorance " of religion. Muslim nut jobs are following thier koran. There is nothing in the Christian bible that says "torture your enemies ". Kony, ain't no Christians. ....Don't get mad "moderator". I'm "denying" abe froman's "ignorance".

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
Like I said in my previous post...it's called separation of church and state. It's very clearly written in the first amendment of the Constitution.

The Constitution says NOTHING about “separation of church and state”...

It’s not in our Constitution, Bill of Rights, or any other of our nation’s founding documents.

"...the introduction and application of the “Separation Between Church and State” doctrine into the fabric of American culture is one of the greatest acts of fraud and deception ever to be perpetrated upon the American people. The doctrine is nothing more than a legal fiction brought into existence only by committing tremendous violence against the founders’ original vision for the country.

The BIG Lie: “Separation of Church and State” (Part 15)

The doctrine or separation of church and state is a fabrication of blatantly liberal, anti-Christian, dishonest, activist judges. In fact, the words,"separation of church and state" are only words taken out of context from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson. They exist nowhere in the laws of our nation.

The Separation of Church and State Hoax

..."separation of church and state" is a gigantic fraud. Why? Because there is no separation of church and state. Government religion is a fact in the United States.

Court Unmasks Secularism as State "Religion"

"...the separation of church and state as understood today is a total fraud. It seems obvious that Founding Fathers vision is completely opposite to that of the ACLU or the liberal courts."

What the Founders believed regarding the Separation of Church and State

"the doctrine of separation of church and state is a scam..."

Most political conversations now initiated, concerning the separation of church and state, claim that the separation they speak of is based upon the U.S. Constitution. In reality, this phrase is found nowhere in the Constitution; neither is their argument.

Separation of Church and State: Then and Now

So before we can discuss the constitutionally protected rights of students at school, we have to dispel this sinister myth of the so-called “separation of church and state.” Like the proverbial monster hiding in a child’s closet, the “separation of church and state” is a pure figment of the imagination that has for far too long haunted us. It’s not in our Constitution, Bill of Rights, or any other of our nation’s founding documents.

Dispelling the Church-State Separation Myth at School

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Wow.

What the hell was that teacher thinking? Sounds like the school district is confirming the material originated with the teacher (tacitly at least via an apology) and based on the song lyrics alone, she's clearly unfit and should be fired.

That said, try to keep some perspective? There are just shy of 100,000 public schools in the US employing about 3.1 million school teachers. This was a teacher apparently acting of her own volition and outside of the district's curriculum. Even a dozen stories like this wouldn't qualify as evidence of this:

I'm not into plugging my own threads but this one falls right into the category of Islamic indoctrination in American schools. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Clearly, something is up.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Quote it for me. The 1st? It does not say what you think it says. ..." congress shall not respect an establishment of religion ".. Or free exorcise thereof...". Where's the state/we the people part at? It's not there. Took a progressive court to add implications, not implied. You're not "quoting" the COTUS. You're Quoting a mere "court case"...
edit on 20-11-2015 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
Like I said in my previous post...it's called separation of church and state. It's very clearly written in the first amendment of the Constitution.

The Constitution says NOTHING about “separation of church and state”...

It’s not in our Constitution, Bill of Rights, or any other of our nation’s founding documents.

"...the introduction and application of the “Separation Between Church and State” doctrine into the fabric of American culture is one of the greatest acts of fraud and deception ever to be perpetrated upon the American people. The doctrine is nothing more than a legal fiction brought into existence only by committing tremendous violence against the founders’ original vision for the country.

The BIG Lie: “Separation of Church and State” (Part 15)

The doctrine or separation of church and state is a fabrication of blatantly liberal, anti-Christian, dishonest, activist judges. In fact, the words,"separation of church and state" are only words taken out of context from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson. They exist nowhere in the laws of our nation.

..."separation of church and state" is a gigantic fraud. Why? Because there is no separation of church and state. Government religion is a fact in the United States.

Court Unmasks Secularism as State "Religion"

"...the separation of church and state as understood today is a total fraud. It seems obvious that Founding Fathers vision is completely opposite to that of the ACLU or the liberal courts."

What the Founders believed regarding the Separation of Church and State

"the doctrine of separation of church and state is a scam..."

Most political conversations now initiated, concerning the separation of church and state, claim that the separation they speak of is based upon the U.S. Constitution. In reality, this phrase is found nowhere in the Constitution; neither is their argument.

Separation of Church and State: Then and Now

So before we can discuss the constitutionally protected rights of students at school, we have to dispel this sinister myth of the so-called “separation of church and state.” Like the proverbial monster hiding in a child’s closet, the “separation of church and state” is a pure figment of the imagination that has for far too long haunted us. It’s not in our Constitution, Bill of Rights, or any other of our nation’s founding documents.

Dispelling the Church-State Separation Myth at School

Well, I feel stupid right now. This crap was crammed down my throat for as long as I can remember.

Murgatroid, I have carried this non truth around for years and never had a reason to actually fact check it for myself. I feel like such an ass....and YES, I'm a big enough person to admit when I'm wrong. I read your links.

My apologies to Murphy22 as well....I will send a U2U for a more personal apology. You were right, I was ignorant and uninformed. ( Man, that sucks to admit. lol)

Having said that, I still don't think it's right for public schools to teach any form of religion. That much is my opinion and I will not waiver from that little nugget of personal truth. EVER!

edit on 20-11-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
Quote it for me. The 1st? It does not say what you think it says. ..." congress shall not respect an establishment of religion ".. Or free exorcise thereof...". Where's the state/we the people part at? It's not there. Took a progressive court to add implications, not implied. You're not "quoting" the COTUS. You're Quoting a mere "court case"...

Please read my reply to Murgatroid.

Your personal U2U is on it's way.

When I'm wrong, I admit it. Most people I know have egos too large to even admit it.....ATS members included. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join