It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My revolutionary comment about music and fame

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I wrote such a good comment today for a newspaper that I had to share it with you. I have been clandestinely operating on this level of destroying fame since 2007 online. I am not joking either. The comment explains my motives. Normally I would not bother you ATS with this, but I managed to communicate myself unusually well here:

"The days of the megastores opening overnight to sate the appetites of fans have been killed by downloading – and it’s rather a shame" (Michael Hann - Guardian Columnist).

Michael, it is not only about the digital availability. There has been a tide change in the West generally regarding "worship" of celebrities. I actually believe we are healthier psychologically now in that our behaviour is more measured. T S Eliot (I love him) said that his poetry and everyone's poetry is only "amusement" at the end of the day. It is not healthy to keep hyping life so. It distorts reality. I am a musician. Music is my life, but I know ultimately it is just an "amusement". It can not feed hungry people. It is just a little entertainment to sweeten life some.

People have worked it out. Adele, Johnny Depp, any celebrity you chose to mention is only another guy or girl just like us. What they do does not warrant being treated like some demi god. I absolutely adore Johnny Depp, but he is only another guy like me.

It has been mainly for business and money making motives that these people are hyped like Elvis to be a money machine. People traditionally were a little brain washed I think by media.

I am glad the whole thing is dying/ has died. It was a very severe distortion of reality and really makes fools of the masses that they can be so manipulated to get in such a frenzy about a few tracks on a record, just so the business men can make their cash and be assured mass purchase. Now that is well cynical and is using people.

Amy was the last person I bothered with. After witnessing what the media and fame did to her I have no intentions of ever doing THAT to anyone else. I knew Amy would do what she did. I did not participate, my conscious is clear.

Man, I love Jim, Elvis, John, Bob, Amy, Nick too much to distort them or allow such sensitive and beautiful people to self destruct before our eyes because of distortion. Bob Dylan, you are just another regular guy who amuses me. You are very good at amusing me.

Fame is going:

RIP Amy! RIP Fame!

Revolution9 Graveyard Shift Worker.

edit on 20-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
These revelations are like a decade old.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Yeah now we just worship people for the sake of it. They don't even have to create now.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9
So your a musician eh? Well listen to my take. The first and only thing that aught to be done is outlaw ALL the copyright laws, revoke them. As it is this thing alone that gives all the no- marks in the movie and the music industry the millions that inflate their unearned so called fame.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

If that were true... why do celebrities still exist? They may be a decade old for some of us, but what I think OP is getting at is that the rest of society is slowly starting to realize the truth as well. The tide is finally looking as if it is going to turn, someday.

To the other poster. I kind of like that idea... people making music and tv/movies just to make art and not purely for profit. I wonder if the quality in films would be greatly effected without the millions of dollars budgets, or would people still put the same effort into it for the sake of creating good art or entertainment? Without being paid? For months at a time per film? Maybe if we get that society everyone keeps talking about where the majority of the population do not need to "work" in the traditional sense... their work could be to provide entertainment to everyone.

top topics

join