It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Terrorists take 170 hostage incl. French military personnel, US & Chinese citizens in Mali

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Pretty sure they speak French in Mali. CO-INCIDENCE?!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Twitter report says hostages who could recite the Koran have been released.

This is incredible... My heart bleeds for France.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Quite scary how things seem to be escalating as far as terrorist acts are concerned. I have no idea how it will end and, if does, how. Tears, bloodshed and all out war would be my guess.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: socketdude

And with that, it makes you wonder what France did or is refusing to do. There's no way this could be about West Bank labeling, but it does seem France pissed someone off.

Anyone know off hand Belgiums position on West Bank labeling?
edit on 20-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
Quite scary how things seem to be escalating as far as terrorist acts are concerned. I have no idea how it will end and, if does, how. Tears, bloodshed and all out war would be my guess.

You maybe correct, we may see similar operations in the African continent if this becomes bad, similar to the ones in Syria by western forces. We may even have western boots fighting along with armies of the African countries which are having problems, eg Nigeria with their bloody war against Boko Haram/ISIS. Finally these nations may receive assistance.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Maybe it is the released quran reciters reporting that three hostages were already killed, probably for not being able to recite.

I am surprised there are no reports of casualties from when the muslim terrorists stormed the hotel lobby throwing grenades shouting "allahu akbar."
edit on 20-11-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
RT reporting:

AT LEAST 20 HOSTAGES FREED FROM JIHADIST-HELD RADISSON HOTEL IN BAMAKO, MALI - ARMY COMMANDER

From BBC Live:

The BBC French Service's Mamadou Moussa also told the programme that a radical Islamist militant leader in Mali had called on his followers to target French interests in the country:

edit on 20/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Maybe it is the released quran reciters reporting that three hostages were already killed, probably for not being able to recite.

I am surprised there are no reports of casualties from when the muslim terrorists stormed the hotel lobby throwing grenades and shouting "allahu akbar."

Yes, 3 or so security personnel were injured, maybe killed. Its in BBC live updates section.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

# these people how many examples are needed? We are at war!
edit on 20-11-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
More info:

20 Indian citizens amongst the hostages

If the Chinese and Indians are killed, this could pull them into the war. Up untill now, they have been quite successful in avoiding conflicts.

BBC live:

Who is behind the Mali attack?

Qatari Al Jazeera TV has identified the group holding a number of people in the Radisson Blu Hotel in Mali's capital, Bamako, as the "Ansar al-Din (supporters of religion)" group. The channel's correspondent in Mali described Ansar al-Din as an "extremist military group that seeks to implement Islamic Sharia in Mali".

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
When I read this I was caught wondering, where have I come across Bamako, Mali recently? It seemed familiar, and so I racked my brain for a few moments, before realising that it had a starring role in a BBC 2 drama called "Odyssey", a fantastic conspiracy-theory drama which centred around corruption of Western forces, funding of terrorism by globalist corporations, private mercenary forces & deliberate blue-on-blue destruction of US military assets to keep certain secrets hidden. Bamako was the central location for much of the series, and a french gun runner was one of the central characters (along with a Malian boy & his uncle). A great part of the main US character's time was spent in captivity to Malian natives, who rendered her an illusory, self-defeating person, resigned to eventual death under the influence of their drugs & mind control, although it turns out they were just doing this so she could escape death at the hands of the mercenaries.

Seriously, that show was a tour-de-force of conspiracy theory - the main secret corporate/mercenary project was called 'Black Sands'. Makes me wonder... It does seem like the sort of target that ISIS or whoever might have planned well in advance of even the Paris massacres. The fact that the richest man in Africa is at the hotel, or at least was known to be staying there, makes me wonder if the French captives are misdirection (albeit conveniently the target of further vengeance for the inevitable strikes against ISIS in Syria after the Paris attacks).

Are they seeking a ransom privately for the rich guy, with other demands & hostages a smokescreen? Seems feasible.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

We are at war!

We are not at war , yet , but we are fighting a Hydra . I am not sure we can cut of that many heads , well not in the foreseeable future .
edit on 20-11-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

And in war we let the enemy enter our countries unchecked, en masse, because they said they are nice.

History is being written as to how to lose a war, historically.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: laminatedsoul

And in war we let the enemy enter our countries unchecked, en masse, because they said they are nice.

This is unlike any war fought in history. This is something absolutely novel. We must adapt and use new tactics to win this one.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
There's a video about this hostage taking.. they arived in cars with government plating. .

There's also news about one fugitive terrorist who's to blame the Paris attack seen in Brussels this morning.. and in the Netherlands they just found a package on a railway ,investigation is on going right now
edit on 0b17America/ChicagoFri, 20 Nov 2015 05:44:17 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 20 Nov 2015 05:44:17 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 0b17America/ChicagoFri, 20 Nov 2015 05:46:17 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 20 Nov 2015 05:46:17 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
i disagree britain has been here before nothing new to us,ww2 and the ira maybe the rest of you need to catch up.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Once again I am left to ask...where is the Muslim world in condemning these acts, why are they not screaming for the heads of these evil doers and all like them from every hilltop????

(crickets...)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
From BBC live:

Malian special forces enter hotel seized by gunmen

Reuters News agency is reporting that Malian special forces have entered the luxury hotel which was attacked by gunmen in the capital Bamako this morning. A police source told Reuters "They've penetrated inside the hotel. The operations are under way". Earlier soldiers had been pictured outside the hotel:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: laminatedsoul

This is unlike any war fought in history. This is something absolutely novel. We must adapt and use new tactics to win this one.

My point exactly. I'm waiting for an attack in Australia, Sydney or Melbourne.. There is massive tension in this country, many no go areas already. It just seems like the edges of sanity are crumbling and the insanity inside is oozing out.

The grand mufti of Australia has already made the mistake of inferring that the current 'war on terrorism' is not working and so we must look at the cause - and then lists the same old stuff. western policy, islamophobia, racism etc.. not crazed people intent on murder.

edit on 20-11-2015 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

There are reports of 18 suicide bombers in Malaysia as we speak set to terrorize the ASEAN summit. At least 10 of those bombers in Kuala Lumpur

www.rt.com...
edit on 20-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join