It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New research on blood sugar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Here is some research done in Israel on the effects of the gut flora and genetic variances on the utilization of foods and their effect on metabolism. If you read the article it states that the averaging of the accepted research used to form the present system is flawed and was based on small numbers of similar people. Now the use of their research is based on their control group, to utilize this properly you would have to do many control groups based on ancestral traits throughout the world. Every culture would have different parameters. They discuss this somewhat in their writing and the video.

I know well from my research that proper nutrition is different for different people. You cannot say that one size fits all. I have been trying to stress this from my research from reading many many thousands of research articles over the last seven years. I read much more research than summaries and found that the summaries often did not properly interpret the research.

The video seems sort of not scientific but it does match pretty well what research shows to be real. It is easy for most people to understand also which is a good thing. I know science and making a good video that most people can relate to would be hard for me. I am starting to think too much in scientific words that most people can't quite understand well.

The video is worth watching and the content is real, they focus more on the microbes living symbiotically than on the Epigenetic factors but epigenetics are also related to what microbes are accepted in our bodies and what enzymes we need from these microbes to help to take apart food properly. If we lack the ability to make an enzyme, sometimes a symbiotic bacteria in our gut can help us. We live in a body where there are many more microbes living than our own cells, there is a reason for that.

Proper blood sugar levels are important but how our bodies and microbes in our bodies deal with them can be very different. Blood sugar levels are also related to metabolics which differ from person to person. Now chemicals and food additives are also a problem and these additives killing beneficial microbes is also a problem. Lots of them have antimicrobial actions to keep the food from turning bad. A lot of things need to be considered, but think about it, the numbers of people with sugar problems is increasing pretty much. Why?

Here is the article......I hope it will help some of you guys understand. medicalxpress.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thanks for that...

I was just diagnosed with Type 2.

Got it nearly undercontrol with exercise and weight loss.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
People would be surprised at just how much the quality of their lives can improve from a quality probiotic.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Here is some research done in Israel on the effects of the gut flora and genetic variances on the utilization of foods and their effect on metabolism. If you read the article it states that the averaging of the accepted research used to form the present system is flawed and was based on small numbers of similar people. Now the use of their research is based on their control group, to utilize this properly you would have to do many control groups based on ancestral traits throughout the world. Every culture would have different parameters. They discuss this somewhat in their writing and the video.

I know well from my research that proper nutrition is different for different people. You cannot say that one size fits all. I have been trying to stress this from my research from reading many many thousands of research articles over the last seven years. I read much more research than summaries and found that the summaries often did not properly interpret the research.

The video seems sort of not scientific but it does match pretty well what research shows to be real. It is easy for most people to understand also which is a good thing. I know science and making a good video that most people can relate to would be hard for me. I am starting to think too much in scientific words that most people can't quite understand well.

The video is worth watching and the content is real, they focus more on the microbes living symbiotically than on the Epigenetic factors but epigenetics are also related to what microbes are accepted in our bodies and what enzymes we need from these microbes to help to take apart food properly. If we lack the ability to make an enzyme, sometimes a symbiotic bacteria in our gut can help us. We live in a body where there are many more microbes living than our own cells, there is a reason for that.

Proper blood sugar levels are important but how our bodies and microbes in our bodies deal with them can be very different. Blood sugar levels are also related to metabolics which differ from person to person. Now chemicals and food additives are also a problem and these additives killing beneficial microbes is also a problem. Lots of them have antimicrobial actions to keep the food from turning bad. A lot of things need to be considered, but think about it, the numbers of people with sugar problems is increasing pretty much. Why?

Here is the article......I hope it will help some of you guys understand. medicalxpress.com...

Pretty simple answer to that.
There's more sugar in food than there ever has been.
Couple that with a more sedate lifestyle and bingo! diabetes.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Sugar isn't bad for anyone to begin with. In fact some people rely on Sugar!

You need to maintain a certain amount of Sugar/glucose in the system.

It's different for many people... our bodies are not the same.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Sugar isn't bad for anyone to begin with. In fact some people rely on Sugar!

You need to maintain a certain amount of Sugar/glucose in the system.

It's different for many people... our bodies are not the same.

I know many people who eat a lot of homemade sweets and sugars and they are healthy with no sign of diabetes. They stay skinny and healthy because this is the right diet for them. Other people who eat lots of store bought sweets have diabetes. So it is the highly processed stuff that seems to be causing it. I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who was going to the doctor a few years ago because he was feeling like crap. Finally a friend of his with diabetes told him to have the doctor test his sugar. It was almost seven hundred. He had just started with a new doctor. The doctor told him that his old doctor never tested his sugar in the hundred or so tests he had over the years before and had written that he seemed to be suffering from delusion and needed antidepressants or antipsychotics. The doctor quickly got his sugar under control and now he is a lot calmer, he is not sick anymore. She has been reducing his metaformin down but he is cutting it down further himself and his sugar is good. The initial insulin was taken off when things got lowered. He is testing if the metaformin was causing his constant diarrhea and inability to sleep which caused him to always be tired again. Reducing it to a quarter of what it was has worked, everything is coming out normal and he sleeps way better, Metaformin is sort of like taurine. He has changed his diet, eliminating most of the highly processed foods and switching to some oatmeal and whole grain cereals for breakfast. He eats a lot more fish and chicken now and the dose needed to be reduced more. He will be talking to his doctor about the results. He may never be able to cure his diabetes but he can make it so it doesn't bother him. Eliminating the trigger for the insulation resistance is what needs to be done. He can eat a piece of cake occasionally and eats his mothers homemade deserts and his sugar does not spike anymore. Whatever he has been doing is working. He said he tried eliminating the meds completely and that doesn't work. He just needs a quarter of what he is prescribed right now, that may someday change though.

His diet right now is about thirty percent carbs yet it is getting under control, not much of a ratio change from before but his choices of what kind of carbs is really changed. So if it is not the carbs, what is it that caused the diabetes? From my studies I suspect that it was probably excessively added free and bound glutamates that were causing the problem. The receptors of a cell use a glutamate on one side and a calcium on the other side to regulate energy. I think this is for ATP but I can't remember for shur. Now if levels of either increase too high the receptor swells shut and it is inactive. Some of the medicines seem to help clear the receptors so they work better. The best way is to take the meds to help clear it temporarily then to alter the diet to correct the problem. Excessive calcium could probably also unbalance this but I can't be sure because the research did not actually say that, only that the balance was important.

That shows we need glutamates but not too much. overindulgence is not good. Yet the prepared foods contain these attractant chemistries and if you eat them often, they can cause problems.. Now this is not the only way diabetes can form, I have found a couple of other ways. Moderation with prepared foods is important. proper amounts of zinc and magnesium in the diet are essential. Selenium and molybdenum are needed also. Proper minerals in the diet are essential, most prepared foods are deficient in these. Many of the veggies we get at the store are grown on mineral deprived soils too, the overfarming has taken out too much microminerals.

Some foods unbalance the thyroid, mostly the cruciferous veggies. This helps some people while it hurts others, depending on whether they have problems in the methylation cycle or sulfur cycles. Also the tests for diabetes can be flawed if a person has low blood volume. If you have less blood cells in circulation, the tests can show that the blood is normal and sugar is high but in essence the sugar needs to be a little higher. Correcting the blood volume is actually the first step but there are no blood tests to test for this. You need to have a special scan to check the volume of blood. The low volume can elevate the BP also and also elevate with low blood volume. They test initially for this by taking your bp sitting, laying, and standing to note the difference, but there are a couple of other reasons that can go awry also so the scan may be necessary. The subject of blood volume is unrelated other than to identify discrepancies in the blood glucose tests and the A!C. The solution to the problem is different, but it is still a problem. Hyponatremia is somewhat related to this issue.

Sorry for getting a little off topic but I had to explain discrepancies that can occur in blood tests.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
People would be surprised at just how much the quality of their lives can improve from a quality probiotic.

There seems to be a big difference in probiotics. Some only have five types while some have a hundred or more. I tried a midgrade one and it did trigger some stomach discomfort. So I discontinued after four days then ran another trial a couple of weeks later for about a week and had the same results. I also got a mild fever from them meaning it caused an immune response. I never tried a good one though.

I hate throwing away things, but in this case the stomach problems that I got made me toss the rest I had boughten into the trash. I experiment on myself a lot and understand what I find does not mean others will have similar effects.
edit on 20-11-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
other than cheat meals on Friday's , my family has cut all sugar from our diets. And go with whole grains even that in moderation , w protein and veggies....

Proper portion sizes is huge

Along w diet and exercise , we go to the gym every day, and when we can't we find other ways to be active, the boob tube/ pc lifestyle has killed the activeness in many families

The problem is a lot of people want a magic pill or don't want to change their lifestyle

There's no such thing as cookie cutter

But I can tell you sugars especially process sugars , can make or break your bodies chemistry

Spikes in insulin levels because of sugars and even carbs can wreak havoc on your system

We use "it works-greens" every morning along with cooking w a lot of tumeric, cumin and various spices like Cheyenne etc.

Never felt better or stronger and haven't been sick in ages
edit on 11/20/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Biokult is a good one. Its one of the few that's been used in peer=-reviewed clinical studies.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Diabetes is caused entirely by saturated animal fats. Sugar and carbohydrate intake has absolutely nothing to do with contracting or the progression of type 2 diabetes. While it is true that consuming sugar and carbs will cause a rise in blood sugar, this is actually what is supposed to happen when carbs are consumed. It's worth noting that beef is more insulinogenic than doughnuts when compared on a per unit of glucose basis. The actual problem is not the rise in blood sugar, but insulin resistance that ends up precipitating an excessive rise in blood sugar.

Insulin resistance is primarily caused by intramyocellular lipids, which is fat that builds up in muscle tissue. The fat builds up inside the cells and ends up blocking insulin receptors on the cell walls that act as a switch to allow blood sugar to enter the cell. This causes a build up of sugar in the blood since the sugar is not able to penetrate the cell walls where it can be put to work due to the insulin resistance caused by the fat build up.

I went vegan back in March of 2015 and I had glucose and lipid blood panels done prior to going vegan, as well as a few months in, and just recently as well. So I have a picture of my blood sugar and cholesterol profile before, during and after going vegan. The results speak for themselves. My fasting glucose dropped from 93 down to 82 while eating a diet of virtually pure carbohydrates.

I eat massive amounts of carbs, averaging around 3000 calories per day, yet my blood sugar keeps improving. Sugar and carbs play virtually no role in type 2 diabetes at all. It’s the saturated animal fat that does all the damage. My fat intake is still relatively high because I like my vegan burgers, vegan mayo, and nuts. I’m probably doing around 30% fat in my diet, yet my fasting glucose keeps dropping. The only thing I eliminated was cholesterol and saturated animal fat to get a massive improvement in fasting glucose.

It’s also worth noting that my mother, who had diabetes, high blood pressure and arthritis, is now completely cured of all of those diseases less than a year after going vegan with me, and she dropped 40 lbs in the process without any calorie counting. She also eats massive amounts of carbs and fat every day, and now she is completely off all medication.

edit on 13-1-2016 by michaelsuede because: (no reason given)

top topics

join