It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the Muslims fighting ISIS? You need to see this!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: abe froman
Yayyyyy Hezbollah.... wait, what?

Muslims fighting Muslims is nothing new, they've been killing each other for decades.

You don't see the irony in your post, do you?

Islamophobes: Why aren't Muslims fighting them!! Why won't they clean up their own mess?!

Rational people: Muslims are fighting them. Muslim armies and militias like Syria, Iran, Iraq, the Kurds, Turkey, Egypt, and Hezbollah are all fighting them right now.

Islamophobes: Of course they're fighting. They've been fighting each other forever!

Rational people: Then why are you complaining about Muslims not fighting them?

Islamophobes: Well, the "normal" Muslims need to fight them too!!!

Rational people: With their bare hands? Wouldn't they need weapons and training in order to fight them? And what do we call people who train in war? Armies & militias. Like the Muslim armies and militias that are fighting them right now.

Islamophobes: Well apparently it's not enough now is it!?

Rational people: So you want the peaceful Muslims to discard their peaceful lives to dedicate themselves to modern warfare; then join Syria, Iran, Hezbollah, and Iraq's armies & militias to fight their common enemy?

This post wins the thread!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Basic point is it is a war between Saudi backed forces to remove Iran backed structures in ME. That Saudi are Sunni and Iran are Shia is a fact that cannot be ignored.

Why are many states and that includes US and NATO nations, showing to be fighting the ISIS on one hand and at the same time ignoring what Saudi and Turkey are doing to help the ISIS? Is it some sort of PR campaign that is going on for the media?

So the Sunnis in Nigeria are also fighting the Wahhabi/Kharijite Boko Haram.

What is so special and powerful about ISIS that large standing armies of countries cannot defeat them or is it that they do not want to defeat them?

One question I would like to ask you (presuming that you are Islamic) that what is the factor in Islamic culture that its people turn to take arms and fights so easily? Except for Egypt and Turkey, which are secular. What makes a decent working family guy to suddenly give it all up and join the ranks of Jihadists? Is it lack of education or plain simple brainwashing or is it the pent up mental energies due to culture that exhibits strong emotions.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Yes that little "terrorist" group that Israel is always whining about is also fighting ISIS.

Well they also fight Israel...lol

The west is such a small part of all this. The Muslin population can easily be cut in 1/2 by how the different sects feel towards each other. It is great to hear what these guys have down, but other than Jordan there has been little from all the other Muslin countries in support of this and it is really their fight.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Why are you all forgetting about TURKEY. They are the main supporter of ISIS besides Saudi, Obama and Hillary's state department.

ISIS would not exist without TURKEY!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaMouse
What a f*cked up world we live in.

i was thinking the same thing

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 31m31 minutes ago
I didn't suggest a database-a reporter did. We must defeat Islamic terrorism & have surveillance, including a watch list, to protect America

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Muslims fighting Muslims is nothing new, they've been killing each other for decades.

Yes that little "terrorist" group that Israel is always whining about is also fighting ISIS.

Why am I not surprised that you take a shot at Israel when this thread has absolutely nothing to do with Israel? Every Muslim thread I see you railing against anyone who dares criticizes Muslims, as if they can do no wrong, yet I've seen you spout ten times worse things against Israel. You are the biggest f# hypocrit and have zero credibility.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Those Who Fuelled Extremism in Syria Now Mourn Paris Attack Victims

According to the US columnist, the elites of US, Israel, Jordan, Turkey, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia, have been involved, in various ways, in a covert war against Syria.

sputniknews.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

One question I would like to ask you (presuming that you are Islamic) that what is the factor in Islamic culture that its people turn to take arms and fights so easily? Except for Egypt and Turkey, which are secular. What makes a decent working family guy to suddenly give it all up and join the ranks of Jihadists? Is it lack of education or plain simple brainwashing or is it the pent up mental energies due to culture that exhibits strong emotions.

Poverty and cultural brainwashing are a dangerous mix.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The issues that we see in the Middle East (and Africa for that matter), stem from the fact that the majority of the citizens in those countries primarily identify themselves with their tribes or sects and not with the country they live in. The borders of Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and the like were artificially drawn up about a century ago and are often not recognized by their citizens..

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

On a scale of being a terrorist, they are at least equal with the Mossad assassination squads.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

a reply to: buster2010

On a scale of being a terrorist, they are at least equal with the Mossad assassination squads.

Hezbollah is from Jordan. And at the moment they're doing good, actually helping save a nation.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You're quite clever to put all of those words in my mouth at once.

Hezbollah is a terrorist organization, I would have the same response if you told me Al Nusra or the Taliban had helped fight off ISIS.

That's like telling me the water is just fine for swimming because the sharks chased off all the alligators.

I don't hate Islam or Muslims, I hate extremism in all it's forms.

The Christian terrorists in Africa, the middle east, and in the US scare me more. It's still terrorism when an extremist Christian blows up buildings (clinics) as much as when an extremist Muslim bombs the Boston Marathon.

You are not even aware of it in all it's forms.

You should be more scared of what REALLY spawned the religions, keeps them going forever and ever, and why they will NOT be eradicated without the decision to do so, from those that make it all happen.

You have to admit this, after careful thought, SOMETHING has a hold on us ALL, and it loves these religions as "game pawns".

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yesterday we saw Malian security forces(Mali is a Muslim country) sacrifice their lives for foreigners, in order to protect them from terrorists.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Ofc there are muslims fighting Isis. Isis would already have established their filthy caliphate if there were no muslims fighting them.
But this doesent fit the agenda of usual islamophobes of ATS so this thread wil soon be lng gone and forgotten. S + F

Really? "islamophobes of ATS"? Is that the depth of your intellect?

Well, the murderers in Paris were part of Isis, but the murderers in Mali weren't. This new group of murderers are part of the jihadist group Al Mourabitoun.

They're all Muslim. They just happen to comprise different murderous Islamic groups.

It is clearly stupid to assert that all Muslims are complicit, but it's absolutely absurd to come here to ATS and throw the term "islamophobes of ATS" around in light of the horrendous mass murder we've just witnessed in the last week, with the common theme being the name of Islam.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7
Just to give you a head's up, but I'm going to excuse myself from these conversations for the foreseeable future. I'll answer part of this post, but after that, meh. Patience isn't one of my strong points & after a week of reading people call for genocide, internment camps, and forced deportations against Muslims (which would include my Muslim family members & friends), I've run out of patience for this crap.

To be blunt, I prefer to spend my time working on positive things that can advance humankind, like working to end world hunger, ending homelessness, advocating for the colonization of the universe (muahahahaha!), and researching self sufficient economies so I can adopt the time-proven techniques. As an example, I've almost finished the rough draft for my revolutionary plan to end world hunger. It's designed to feed up to 100 billion people, but I admit that I need help on the calculations. I have some people I can go to for that, but first I want to polish & elaborate on the specific techniques & requirements for the plan to work.

Anyways, here's the part of your post that got my attention:

First, yes I'm a Muslim. Second, what kind of loaded question is that? Do you really not see the double standard in that question? I live in America, a country with a completely voluntary army. In fact, most advanced nations in the world have completely voluntary armies now. So how can you ask me "what is the factor in Islamic culture that its people turn to take arms and fights so easily?" WTF?!

What is it about any culture that gets its people to take arms and fight so easily? Some of the people in this very thread made the personal decision to take up arms and fight in the military or law enforcement of their country. And I see no problem with that. Everyone has a different path to take in life. And everyone has the right to defend themselves, their families, their communities, and their countries, Muslims included. But to imply that Islam is somehow different from the rest of the world in this regard is disingenuous at best, and flat out deceptive at its worse.

And if you're talking about illegally "taking up arms & fighting", I'd still question your credibility. Every single country in the world has some form of organized crime, street gangs, paramilitaries/militias, "price tag attack" settlers, cartels, mafioso, Yakuza, neo-Nazi groups, illegal crime rings, extremist Buddhists in southeast Asia, etc. And those are just the organized groups of citizens that decide to "take up arms & fight" illegally. Then you have school shootings, mass shootings (320+ this year alone in the US), vigilante "justice", armed robbers, spouse killings, and spur-of-the-moment "crimes of passion"; all of which include individuals in those specific cultures that decide to "take up arms & fight" illegally.

So if you wanted to be honest, why not ask "what is the factor in humankind that gets its people to take up arms and fight so easily"? That's the kind of question that could've gotten a fruitful answer. Instead, you placed an impossibly higher standard on all people who claim to be Muslims; a standard which no other demographic in the world is held to or can satisfy. As if there's no problem with any other demographic in the world "taking up arms & fighting"; but it's only a problem if a Muslim or self-proclaimed Muslim does it.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

You don't see the irony in your post, do you?

Islamophobes: Why aren't Muslims fighting them!! Why won't they clean up their own mess?!

Rational people: Muslims are fighting them. Muslim armies and militias like Syria, Iran, Iraq, the Kurds, Turkey, Egypt, and Hezbollah are all fighting them right now.

Islamophobes: Of course they're fighting. They've been fighting each other forever!

Rational people: Then why are you complaining about Muslims not fighting them?

Islamophobes: Well, the "normal" Muslims need to fight them too!!!

Rational people: With their bare hands? Wouldn't they need weapons and training in order to fight them? And what do we call people who train in war? Armies & militias. Like the Muslim armies and militias that are fighting them right now.

Islamophobes: Well apparently it's not enough now is it!?

Rational people: So you want the peaceful Muslims to discard their peaceful lives to dedicate themselves to modern warfare; then join Syria, Iran, Hezbollah, and Iraq's armies & militias to fight their common enemy?

This post wins the thread!

Thanks

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Instead, you placed an impossibly higher standard on all people who claim to be Muslims; a standard which no other demographic in the world is held to or can satisfy.

Facts on the ground are one thing and replying in deception and avoidance is another.

Your long winded answer did this thread no good. You avoided the question all together.

I am not interested in carrying out this discussion either.

Btw, want to stop the world hunger then do one thing...........stop killing animals and consuming the flesh. 60%+ of world food is spent on the animals grown for consumption. When this animal breeding stops there will be lots of food left for humans to consume. Also, thanks for the modern scientific research like GMO crops, the yields from agriculture are rising and that will help alot in various pursuits of solving world hunger.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics
a reply to: markosity1973

Allow me to add more ....

Yazidi, Muslim & Christian Peshmerga Fighting ISIS Together

Muslims against ISIS

Muslim Leaders condemn ISIS

Sunni Imam of Aqsa Mosque to ISIS: Stop Deceiving Muslims (English Subtitles)

This is, as it should be. Everyone should want to eradicate this plague upon the Earth.
edit on -06:002015Sun, 22 Nov 2015 18:47:38 -060030America/Chicago000000Sun, 22 Nov 2015 18:47:38 -0600SunAmerica/ChicagoNov by PorteurDeMort because: Poor spelling

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Easiest solution tell the kurdish they can keep any territory they can liberate from Isis. I figure In a couple of months they would have all of Iraq and half of syria.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join