It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb scare on Baker Street: ‘Controlled explosion’ after police evacuate London tube station

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
i put this down to a training exercise myself,i do not use social media so i guess i got the news way to late.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
i put this down to a training exercise myself,
What do you base such thoughts on?

i do not use social media so i guess i got the news way to late.
Just open a twitter account with a throwaway email address, you'll see 'possible' news much quicker than on ATS, then you'll also see the members who are also reading twitter and waiting hungrily to post the first thread, lol.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

i put this down to a training exercise myself,
What do you base such thoughts on?

i do not use social media so i guess i got the news way to late.
Just open a twitter account with a throwaway email address, you'll see 'possible' news much quicker than on ATS, then you'll also see the members who are also reading twitter and waiting hungrily to post the first thread, lol.

Not sure why you have a problem with that... If people didn't post stories here (regardless of where they heard them) there wouldnt be much going on here.

To be honest I get my news from ATS, I don't have time trawl through different websites listening to one perspective, instead I come here because you can be sure if it's big, it will be top of the first page, and I get different viewpoints from people all very the world..

Good job op
thanks for the heads up, my 15 year old daughter will be at baker street in the morning and uses that station daily, so I will be watching this one closely.
If you hadn't posted I would be unaware of any security issue regarding baker St.
edit on 19/11/15 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

You said I have a problem? I just find it amusing is all when people post "Good find" or "Good reporting" simply for reading twitter or watching MSM news.
There is a particular UK member here who I know watches BBC News 24 because if I take a day off, and it's on in the background, then as soon as I hear some stories I just know a thread will be posted in the next 5 minutes. It happens loads and I chuckle.
This thread is an example of such folk finding themselves to have been premature in their desperation for the scoop sharing second hand news on ATS.

...as you say though, without that there would be no discussion, and the ATS platform is superior to most forms of social media for discussion as far as I see it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

You said I have a problem? I just find it amusing is all when people post "Good find" or "Good reporting" simply for reading twitter or watching MSM news.
There is a particular UK member here who I know watches BBC News 24 because if I take a day off, and it's on in the background, then as soon as I hear some stories I just know a thread will be posted in the next 5 minutes. It happens loads and I chuckle.
This thread is an example of such folk finding themselves to have been premature in their desperation for the scoop sharing second hand news on ATS.

...as you say though, without that there would be no discussion, and the ATS platform is superior to most forms of social media for discussion as far as I see it.

, lighten up fella... There are more important things to worry about. The fact that yu have even noticed a member does that, tells me it does bug you.
But honestly who cares, I'm glad people post instantly as this is my main news source.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

, lighten up fella... There are more important things to worry about. The fact that yu have even noticed a member does that, tells me it does bug you.
But honestly who cares, I'm glad people post instantly as this is my main news source.
Nope, I find it amusing and it makes me chuckle.
No worry in my mind fella, far from it, the entertainment value is enough for me, I'm just sharing it here and taking the piss.

"Good find" or "Good reporting" for watching MSM and Twitter lol, it is no surprise that we differ in views as ATS is your main news source, but I shall continue to find amusement when the drama posts on ATS are shown to be a fuss about nothing even as the new drama thread has just been posted.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i can see nothing about this on the bbc website,and social media is not for me i agree with mr london,
if you like twitter thats fine i however prefer ats as its less bias and gives a broader picture but thats just my opinion!!
edit on 19-11-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'm a crap reporter though

That's makes two of us, I'm not even a reporter I just reported the real reporters news about this incident.. I doubted whether I would just made it another terror thread or news, but looking at how many turban logos I've seen pass the last couple of days I chose breaking news for the occasion , I never put something in the headline news bulletin.

It might as well be nothing ,but our government seems to be on defcon 4 at this moment and every opportunity of a threat will be anticipated ..

edit on 0b49America/ChicagoThu, 19 Nov 2015 19:06:49 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 19 Nov 2015 19:06:49 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

i can see nothing about this on the bbc website,and social media is not for me i agree with mr london,
if you like twitter thats fine i however prefer ats as its less bias and gives a broader picture but thats just my opinion!!
Hahaha! ATS 'Breaking News' is Twitter!
This thread was a classic example, and of one that jumped the gun, either following the RT tweets or waiting to post the thread until RT posted on its website, and based on the initial tweets lol.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
our government seems to be on defcon 4 at this moment and every opportunity of a threat will be anticipated
Lot's of pants wetting going on at the moment in the real world, and on ATS it seems as well.
More chance of a bus knocking any of us down than terrorists killing us, but hey, that's far too rational and composed.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
our government seems to be on defcon 4 at this moment and every opportunity of a threat will be anticipated
Lot's of pants wetting going on at the moment in the real world, and on ATS it seems as well.
More chance of a bus knocking any of us down than terrorists killing us, but hey, that's far too rational and composed.

Then why bother coming to the threads?

This thread was a classic example, and of one that jumped the gun, either following the RT tweets or waiting to post the thread until RT posted on its website, and based on the initial tweets lol.

"Good find" or "Good reporting" for watching MSM and Twitter lol, it is no surprise that we differ in views as ATS is your main news source, but I shall continue to find amusement when the drama posts on ATS are shown to be a fuss about nothing even as the new drama thread has just been posted.

Seriously, all you've added is one self-righteous comment after another. There was report of an explosion and streets were being shut down. If it happens again tomorrow, I will post a thread! Feel free to ignore it until enough time passes that you feel it worthy to view.

edit on 19-11-2015 by raedar because: clarity

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I honestly feel like the UK is the next target.

First France, Germany found the threat before anything happened. England seems like the next target imo.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
I found it interesting and mildly amusing.

Seriously, all you've added is one self-righteous comment after another.
You misinterpret my ridicule as self-righteousness, but even if I was, so what, click alert and let the mods deal with it instead of whining.

There was report of an explosion and streets were being shut down. If it happens again tomorrow, I will post a thread! Feel free to ignore it until enough time passes that you feel it worthy to view.
I'll happily post wherever I like thanks fella, and if I think a thread is lame fear-mongering based on a couple of scant unverified tweets then I'll continue mocking the desperation to start the first thread.
I look forward to your future threads

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

No I wasn't misunderstanding. I was bringing it all together in one place so you could have a visual reference to your ego, but I see how you could take that as whining. Ego away my friend! I like watching things unfold with other ATSers, and am grateful this one was a false alarm.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I like watching things unfold with other ATSers, and am grateful this one was a false alarm.
Agreed, it is good that the story in the OP was nothing to be concerned about. That was already pretty clear on twitter though by the time the thread was started. Heck, if we all posted every mildly dramatic sounding unverified tweet on ATS then the forums would be swamped.

Not sure about the maturity, intelligence, or relevance of your "ego" line so I'll just dismiss it as a silly attempt at amateur psychology lol

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

a reply to: raedar

Yeah, saw it on twitter and RT, didn't think it was worthy of a thread yet

Good call, I will give things more time in future. Everyone is in freak out mode, so there will be many more false alarms I am sure.

Don't succumb to fear-mongering. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day in Austin. Enjoy it!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

Yeah, saw it on twitter and RT, didn't think it was worthy of a thread yet

Good call, I will give things more time in future. Everyone is in freak out mode, so there will be many more false alarms I am sure.

Don't succumb to fear-mongering. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day in Austin. Enjoy it!

Fear-mongering is defined as a deliberate act. You can look back at other threads I have posted and determine I am not a fear-mongerer.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I like watching things unfold with other ATSers, and am grateful this one was a false alarm.
Agreed, it is good that the story in the OP was nothing to be concerned about. That was already pretty clear on twitter though by the time the thread was started. Heck, if we all posted every mildly dramatic sounding unverified tweet on ATS then the forums would be swamped.

Not sure about the maturity, intelligence, or relevance of your "ego" line so I'll just dismiss it as a silly attempt at amateur psychology lol

I'm pretty clear on your maturity and intelligence lol

If ego doesn't suit you, perhaps Thread Police sits better. I see them as interchangeable!

edit on 25-11-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Keep posting. I would rather click and say it turned out to be nothing. Then have no one post and the story be missed.

Any time you are catching news stories in real time you are going to have "non-stories" mixed in. You list them all and wait for them to grow.

I would rather have too much information to make a desiosion then not enough. Thank you for taking the time to make posts like this!

edit on 11/25/2015 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join