It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders release of Chicago Shooting video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
ABC Source

A judge said Thursday that the Chicago Police Department has less than a week to release a video of an officer fatally shooting a black teenager and refused to give the department more time pending a possible appeal of his decision. The video is graphic, according to some who have seen it: The 17-year-old wielding a small knife is walking away from police when one officer opens fire, shooting the teen 16 times.

I have been hearing about this video for the past couple of weeks. Apparently it is 'worse' than other police shooting/death videos and shows the officer opening fire on a person walking away who had no weapons, and his body shakes and jerks around as he dies. The police dept has fought hard to avoid this happening because if the public sees it, Chicago and other cities will 'explode' in violence.

Anyone in major cities might want to consider an impromptu vacation pretty quick.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If they are soo concerned with rioting, maybe they could train their officers a wee bit better?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
If they are soo concerned with rioting, maybe they could train their officers a wee bit better?

Hah, they aren't concerned with rioting until they get caught red-handed. Obviously, I haven't seen the video, but I have read about people who have seen it and report that it's terrible and will definitely cause rioting and unrest. That, combined with the fact the dept has been so reluctant to release it, tells me its got to be pretty bad. That's why they care.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

I should clarify- Train officers better so that things like this don't happen again.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They might try and stave off riots by prosecuting the LEO that shot the kid. I doubt it though....

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
They might try and stave off riots by prosecuting the LEO that shot the kid. I doubt it though....

Public opinion may turn this one, however, it has been over a year and he has not been charged. He has been assigned desk duty instead. This information is in the linked source which also states that the family of this victim has already been paid $5 million.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Did he have a weapon or not? You say both in the OP.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It states in the article he had a small knife, and was walking (away) from the camera.

I'm curious to see this video also.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

How many outrageous police shooting videos are we going to see until police departments around the country start retraining their police officers? With all the uproar over captured videos of police officers shooting unarmed civilians, using excessive force, and killing people when they're lives are clearly not in danger, it seems like they just don't get it!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Did he have a weapon or not? You say both in the OP.

I consider the guy to be unarmed until I see the video. 'Small knife' doesn't cut it for me. Where was the small knife? I have small knife on my keychain. This is the size: 2.875-inch open length, 1.625-inch closed length. Does that make me "armed" NOPE.

If I see a knife in the video, that's one thing. Until then, it could have been a carry knife which is totally different than a weapon, or a 'throw down' knife. As in, planted.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Alright well I "consider" the guy to be an alien until I see the video.

You don't get to just substitute your own narrative for something to make it sound how you want it to sound when you're discussing it. That's now how this works.

If that's how we're going to do it, then I'll just "consider" (aka ASSume) the guy armed with 155mm howitzer and conducting a tactical withdrawal. Y'know, till I see the video.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Did you read the OP? I quoted the part of the article specifically that states what is the official version so far. I also stated my opinion further down on the thread, which is clearly labeled as what I think as opposed to being stated as fact. I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to have an opinion, and also share facts.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

As am I. So, since your opinion is that he was unarmed, and mine is that he had a howitzer, we both have our opinions. Neither of which is supported by the article in the OP.

ATS at work.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Possible indictment of officer coming this morning (Tuesday), possible video release on Wednesday.

DailyBeast Source

We are about to see what there is to see, after a year.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
January 14, 2016

Another White Chicago police officer shoots a Black teenager. Video released today..

Ref: www.cnn.com...

IMO, it's no coincidence that these videos are being released in the dead of winter.

-cwm

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

No weapon, kid had an i-phone "box".

Murder.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Unfortunately it's hard to really see much in that video. I'll have to watch a couple more times more carefully.

top topics

join