It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling on photogs to help with explanation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys

Also, I'm still slightly on the fence - upon pondering, the hand does appear to be in a quite unusual position, and doesn't seem to be holding a camera...

I just picked up a small book, held it as if its a mobile phone. One hand holding it, the other hand has four fingers on the front of the book/phone, the thumb behind the book for clicking the button. Now looking at my monitor I can see a reflection of my hand, in the same position as we see in the op.

I think you nailed it

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Oh yeah I can picture it that way. Nice idea, I was thinking more of a camera type hold rather than a mobile phone type of hold but I think your right and it fits in nicely. All loose ends tidied then I guess?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

They were not photoshopped. I simply saved them from the FB post that my friend shared.

The question about the reflection has already been answered...

Thanks...

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

mmmmmm....

And then the OP disappears...

Lol... the question was answered to my satisfaction.... no need to respond any further...

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner
It is using a jpeg compression library which would explain the 'edited' result swanne found at least. FB compresses images commonly. Its best not to transfer images that way.

Swanne would have to explain the methodology used to identify photoshop in this instance, but based one what you've said the history of the image matches up.

Enjoy.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke

Swanne would have to explain the methodology used to identify photoshop in this instance

Just open one of the picture in the OP with a program which can view text.

This is what pops up when I open the OP's second picture:

This Photoshop mark only appears on pictures which have been altered by Photoshop. I know, I've checked.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Haha, I know this has nothing to do with your question and that this is my mind playing tricks on my but on the last picture it looks like a big alien face with two black eyes and a small nose, wow, amazing how you can see things!

Obviously it is not actually an alien but it's like when u look at a cloud.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Definitely a reflection of some sort but I don't think it's a lens flare, IMPO. Looks to be a reflection from the window. I have taken lots of pics from the inside of the car and this happens, a lot.

It's not a UFO, unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Photoshop showing in the EXIF data is not evidence by itself of image manipulation. It will happen even if the image is viewed and then saved from PS or if any cropping/scaling was done. Does not necessarily mean that pixels were changed, could be benign.

Do we know that this was shot with film? You can't get a double exposure accidentally with a digital camera, so I lean towards reflection. Now that I've seen the hand with the ring, I can't unsee it.

edit on 20-11-2015 by Tripnman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Thanks, Swanne. I was looking at the compression signature at the time.

Info:

It's IPTC meta data: iptc.org...
Can find the tags here: www.sno.phy.queensu.ca...

It's part of a Photoshop image resource block.

The filled in components are nonsense strings, I'm not sure what they mean but they are just IPTC meta data string fields.

A Photoshop Image Resource Block which contains the IPTC information and the Photoshop 3.0 header can be inserted into a file without ever opening it in Photoshop using open source tools and methods. Not hacking methods either, some people just like having it in their metadata.

Here is the output:

Length = 156
Identifier = [Photoshop 3.0]
8BIM: [0x0404] Name="" Len=[0x0080] DefinedName="IPTC-NAA record"
IPTC [002:103] Original Transmission Reference = "qEvR0iYX-8O8bZyInNW9"
IPTC [002:040] Special Instructions = "FBMD01000a990d000059560000625f0000b15f00003e6000009660000084840000dca80000fcaa0000b2ad000007440100"

It's possible that the compression signature was changed from Photoshop once it went through Facebook. So sure it could have been seriously edited (there is no doubt that it has been altered by Facebook but not that anything was added immediately) but the result seems quite mundane if this is the case.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

Good job, thanks for the links, I was looking for them.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Now that I'm looking at the photos again, the reflection is obvious to me. I think I didn't consider it because I thought the pics were taken outside and not inside a vehicle.

Thanks again.

edit on 2-12-2015 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join