It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration Reverse! More Mexicans Are Leaving U.S. Than Coming In

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Do you even read your own posts?

The article confirms what many have been saying. They are self-deporting. The article states the slow economy has caused many to leave. In other words, if you make it harder to be an illegal immigrant (i.e., they can't get a job), they will GTFO.

Good grief.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

And what's your point? They aren't coming here anymore. Isn't that what you wanted?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

And what's your point? They aren't coming here anymore. Isn't that what you wanted?

Yes, they are still coming here. The point is all we here from the left is "You can't send them back!" or "You can't round up everyone", etc. They will actually self-deport if there is no longer an economic benefit to being here illegally. We don't need to do much other than enforce existing laws and make it harder to be illegal.

The fact remains that our border is not secure, we have millions leeching off the system, and as a country we simply cannot afford to have an open door policy. If an immigrant wants to come here, they need to do so under the legal processes currently in place. I support legal and controlled immigration.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

But the flow is turning. Less and less of them are coming. The article points out that northern Mexico is starting to industrialize as well.

Yet you want to spend MORE money on MORE policies above and beyond the ones that are as of this moment just fine? You guys are getting EXACTLY what you wanted. They are leaving on their own yet you still want to bitch and moan about them.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

No, I want a secure border. I don't care if they are leaving now. I only care that so many could just arbitrarily decide to break our laws and come here in the first place.

And then get the full-throated support of apologists like yourself.

I guess laws only matter when you want them to, so I should stop paying for my child to go to a private school and freely expect that he can pray whole-heartedly and start a Bible Club with faculty support at the local public school now. After all, that whole separation thing? Laws only matter what I want them to.
edit on 19-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's impossible. Also, why aren't you demanding that we secure our northern boarder than since your rhetoric is expanding beyond trying to keep current waves of people out and all? After all, it's really easy for a sneaky Canadian to just cross the boarder and start stealin yer jerbs!

Clearly that boarder needs securing too. It's completely open!
edit on 19-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Rabbits and foxes. It's a dynamic system. Rabbits breed like ..., well rabbits. Soon there are hundreds of them. Foxes eat rabbits all the time, dozens a week. But soon foxes run out of rabbits to eat - they starve, so their numbers go down. Soon rabbits start breeding again, and then foxes start breeding too, and the cycle continues. There's a time lag between the two.

What's wrong with putting in safeguards to make sure people enter the country legally?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
What's wrong with putting in safeguards to make sure people enter the country legally?

...They already exist?
edit on 19-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Securing our borders is a silly conservative pipedream.

Why is that a Conservative pipedream? I am not Conservative and I would like to see our borders secured. I think it needs to be part of any immigration policy.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Who said I don't aside from you? Is there a point where the border of the country suddenly ceases?

The only thing that makes our Northern border less porous is that Canada can apparently control their borders which makes it harder to sneak in that way because you have to gain access to Canada first, but we should stop having to rely on them for our Northern border security.

edit on 19-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Ha...ummm...no.

This is what I did, and I'll explain:

Wait, are you implying that we should keep our economy in the tank because that works to keep illegals out and start making them go home?

See, what I did was ask a question because you seemed to make an implication in your comment that aligned with my question, therefore I sought clarification.

Then I did this:

Increasing our border security is a safeguard against another influx of illegal immigration when things finally turn around--which, according to the media, was like three years ago or something.

I made a comment that helped explain or shed light on a concern that you voiced (which implied that it was pointless to keep spending money on border security).

So, see, no words in your mouth. I thought my comment was actually pretty simple to understand. Care to answer the question? I'm inferring from your reaction that you did not mean what I asked, but you avoided answering that altogether.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why is that a Conservative pipedream? I am not Conservative and I would like to see our borders secured. I think it needs to be part of any immigration policy.

Because it is impossible to do. Any really effective method we'd use would be SERIOUSLY costly and a big money sink. It would require TONS of personnel. Plus there would STILL be holes in it. The southern border is HUGE. Talking about truly securing it is pure rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Fine. The answer is no. I don't want to keep our economy in the crapper.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

At least you are consistent with your unreasonable rhetoric...

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Because it is impossible to do. Any really effective method we'd use would be SERIOUSLY costly and a big money sink. It would require TONS of personnel. Plus there would STILL be holes in it. The southern border is HUGE. Talking about truly securing it is pure rhetoric.

Sounds like a great way to create jobs.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Only one possible explanation for this phenomena. They believe Trump will win.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

I'd rather we not create MORE police forces thank you very much...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

...or it could also be due to the explanation in the OP.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Impossible, in deed! In total, the US has 102,514 miles of border; 5,525 along Canada, 1,989 along Mexico and ~95,000 of coastline. It is not just costly to protect, it is impossible. If someone wants into this country, they will easily find opportunities.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

If it is coupled with process that makes it easier than the current one for gaining entry I think it is feasible to be able to provide security. The reason we get so may illegals is because of how many people that want to come here and how few we actually permit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join