It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jared Fogle Sentenced to 15 years

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: Annee

See ya sicko..I'll bet his wife will be happy with that 7 million.

You think money is going to make her happy and "cure" this emotional drama she still has to live with?

Compensations are great. But, it doesn't change what happened.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
15 years?
The way our system works he could have gotten less time if he killed the kid.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Wow, they blamed his diet!

But that wasn’t the only excuse that the expert, Dr. John Bradford, made for Fogle. During the sentencing hearing, Bradford claimed that Fogle’s crimes were a result of his Subway diet. No doubt drawing inspiration from the so-called “Twinkie defense,” Bradford claims that Fogle’s weight loss, prompted by the Subway diet that was once his claim to fame, caused him to become “hypersexual.” That’s according to The Indianapolis Star, which also noted that Bradford went so far as to say that Fogle could suffer from “brain disorders that can be associated with sexual drive.”

AV Club

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
The nature of the crimes and his "celebrity" status make him a double walking target. No chance he goes to gen pop.

Make him share a cell with Charlie Sheen.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

That is stunning. There is no level that lawyers will not sink to (especially well paid ones) to accomplish their goals.

Even if somehow some way that tripe actually WAS true, and this guy became a "hypersexual" whatever that is, I don't see that explaining the underage aspect of it. You want to tell me his "diet" made him a sex addict and he got caught up patronizing brothels or becoming a low level Charlie Sheen, ok. But drawing a connection between that and minors? Just no.

Unbelievable.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

"Pudding's sounding pretty good about now, idn't it?"
~Bill Cosby

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It doesn't change that he was a pedophile but according to the testimony he never touched his own kids and besides for the most part she has been shielded from criticism of any sort.

But sure 7 million isn't enough to relocate and become someone else, or it isn't enough to get the psychological help they may need, yeah right..

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Scumbag. I'll never understand thought why Murder is considered a worse crime that Pedophilia? Isn't torturing and raping someone much worse than killing them?

Should be the death penalty for this.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
ive always found it fascinating how throughout history it has been accepted in various cultures that men marry young girls even as young as 13. i believe in middle eastern countries if i am not mistaken it is still permitted? funny how a word like marriage allows free reign to individuals with pedophilic interests

and then on this end of the globe you have celebs like courtney stodden getting married off at 16 to 50 year old doug hutchinson or kylie jenner who hasnt even married but started dating 23 year old rapper tyga at the age of 16.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

But that wasn’t the only excuse that the expert, Dr. John Bradford, made for Fogle. During the sentencing hearing, Bradford claimed that Fogle’s crimes were a result of his Subway diet. No doubt drawing inspiration from the so-called “Twinkie defense,” Bradford claims that Fogle’s weight loss, prompted by the Subway diet that was once his claim to fame, caused him to become “hypersexual.” That’s according to The Indianapolis Star, which also noted that Bradford went so far as to say that Fogle could suffer from “brain disorders that can be associated with sexual drive.”

AV Club

lol

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Makes sense. Cant eat that much sodium an not have something go wrong.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I personally believe she knew exactly what was going on the entire time.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Props to this judge!!

Fogle pleaded guilty. As a condition he only agreed to a five year sentence. Five years is all the prosecution could ask for but final sentencing fell on the judge. Again props to this guy.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

There is definitely a gray area. However, the law in the US doesn't look to kindly on any relationships with those under 18.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Actually the defence was looking at 5 years.....guess the judge didnt think much of that idea

Hope he enjoys his new foot longs

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
The nature of the crimes and his "celebrity" status make him a double walking target. No chance he goes to gen pop.

But "accidents" happen.

I dont know about in the states but prison guards here have a habbit of being abit careless with the sex offender segregation, doors and cells have a habbit of being "accidently" left open

edit on 19-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I could have sworn I heard Obama make a comment on the matter....."Where's our sense of compassion?" I believe he was quoted as saying.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hendrick99
I could have sworn I heard Obama make a comment on the matter....."Where's our sense of compassion?" I believe he was quoted as saying.

Source?

Or are you just trying to shoe horn Obama into a topic thats nothing about him?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Seriously a lot of you need to get a life

The minor who he went after was 17

here in the UK, that is considered a fully grown LEGAL adult

nor do i consider 17 year olds to be frail or innocent

yeh its a bit creepy that a guy in his late 30s went after a 17 year old, but come on ive seen killers in the UK only get 5 years!

i find it very hard to be grossed out by the fact that the minor was 17, 17 in my view is legally AND MORALLY an adult.

get over it!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

"Not a day will go by when I don't think about what I did to (the victims)."

That's what they always say, but *only* after they're caught.

They only regret getting caught and the consequences, not what they've actually done, the selfish POS.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join