It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz to Obama: 'Insult Me to My Face'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

NBC

Sen. Ted Cruz had sharp words for President Barack Obama over his comments regarding Republican rhetoric on Syrian refugees, saying his statement "is utterly unbefitting of a president."

"If you want to insult me, you can do it overseas, you can do it in Turkey, you can do it in foreign countries, but I would encourage you, mister president, come back and insult me to my face," the Texas senator and Republican presidential candidate said this on Capitol Hill Wednesday.

President Obama had harsh words for Republicans calling for a stop of Syrian refugees to the United States, saying such calls are just "political posturing."

Senator Ted Cruz has called out Obama for politicking overseas. Obama insulting from abroad, surely he's to cowardly to say it to Cruz' face. Cruz wants to debate Obama on the refugee issue. Lay the truth of their ideologies to bare before the American People. Surely Obama would never debate a great debater like Cruz. It would expose his foolishness to the masses.

I think a lot of people are confusing righteous indignation for fear. The Ted Cruz' of this country are not fearful. They feel they have a moral obligation to stomp out the infiltration of a dangerous ideology onto their shores. They care not for limp-wristed responses and appeasement to a dangerous ideology. They do this out of moral obligation, not fear. We will see who the coward is. Will Obama insult Cruz to his face? I wouldn't bet my life on it.
edit on 19/11/2015 by harvestdog because: missed two words

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Even so, Obama is telling everyone that it is fear.

Doesn't he seem dignified? Picking on someone that is afraid of something. "Nah, nah, na na na... you're afraid of girls!"

If it is fear, then he is being a jerk.
If it not fear, he is being disingenuous and is still a jerk.
edit on b000000302015-11-19T10:40:26-06:0010America/ChicagoThu, 19 Nov 2015 10:40:26 -06001000000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Wow. Just... Wow.
Somebody actually supports this twat?
Wow.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

What I find funny is George W. Bush also came out and said he "didn't like that guy" (meaning Ted Cruz). He's really not a likable person in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Cruz is accused of "political posturing" and his response is to go on camera calling out like it is WWE.

"political posturing"

"political posturing"

"political posturing"

I wrote it three times but I am fairly sure it still means the same thing.

BTW whats is a licensed terrorist?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LionOfGOD

Well Cruz isn't a perfect candidate, but he's as close as we are gonna get.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Obama needs to be removed from office, he has lost it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well rather than insulting Obama back, he offered to have a debate of ideologies before the populace.
Don't count on Obama taking that offer.
He would much rather do things his way.
No questions asked.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
www.eutimes.net...

A new report circulating in the Kremlin today authored by France’s Directorate-General for External Security (DGSE) and recently “obtained” by the FSB shockingly quotes French President Nicolas Sarkozy [photo top right with Obama] as stating that President Barack Obama is “a dangerous[ly] aliéné”, which translates into his, Obama, being a “mad lunatic”, or in the American vernacular, “insane”.
According to this report, Sarkozy was “appalled” at Obama’s “vision” of what the World should be under his “guidance” and “amazed” at the American Presidents unwillingness to listen to either “reason” or “logic”. Sarkozy’s meeting where these impressions of Obama were formed took place nearly a fortnight ago at the White House in Washington D.C., and upon his leaving he “scolded” Obama and the US for not listening closely enough to what the rest of the World has to say.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Cruz is accused of "political posturing" and his response is to go on camera calling out like it is WWE.

Frankly it would be compelling television to watch these two partisan meatheads whack each other over the head with folding chairs while locked in a cage.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Ted Cruz good debater? Lol. That was funny!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Angeldoll to Ted Cruz: Be careful what you wish for.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Senator Ted Cruz has called out Obama for politicking overseas. Obama insulting from abroad, surely he's to cowardly to say it to Cruz' face. Cruz wants to debate Obama on the refugee issue. Lay the truth of their ideologies to bare before the American People. Surely Obama would never debate a great debater like Cruz. It would expose his foolishness to the masses.

I think a lot of people are confusing righteous indignation for fear. The Ted Cruz' of this country are not fearful. They feel they have a moral obligation to stomp out the infiltration of a dangerous ideology onto their shores. They care not for limp-wristed responses and appeasement to a dangerous ideology. They do this out of moral obligation, not fear. We will see who the coward is. Will Obama insult Cruz to his face? I wouldn't bet my life on it.

The Ted Cruz's of this country are evangelical fundamentalists who are trying to kick off a global holy war to fulfill biblical end times prophecy. "Righteous indignation" you say? Self-righteous indignation and petulant, hypocritical whining is more like it. I'm sure the average terrorist feels that he's acting out of a "moral obligation" too.

Nobody is afraid of Ted Cruz the person — the guy is a clown — but they should be afraid of the ideology he promotes.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Ted Cruz good debater? Lol. That was funny!

AS IF we've ever seen him debate. Those shows on TV aren't debates. I personally can't stand the man, but he debated at Harvard and in the courtroom. I would surmise he's proficient at debating.

eta: of course ditto for O'bama
edit on 11/19/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I am pretty sure debates between leaders are not set up through the news interviews.

Does Cruz know that Obama isn't running for office?

Calling for a debate with the sitting president.

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Maybe I am wrong and there has been a sitting president who would lower themselves to debate someone like Cruz. I am pretty sure the president can simply call Cruz and give him a stern talking to. There is a difference of positions.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Oh, what a tough guy

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Frankly it would be compelling television to watch these two partisan meatheads whack each other over the head with folding chairs while locked in a cage.

Sure it would be fun to watch. A trainwreck more like it.

I am just trying to remember the last time a senator called a sitting president to a public debate like this.

link   
It's a last ditch effort by Cruz to try and stay relevant in the race for the WH. He knows that the GOP is about to throw him under the bus. Just like they did Jindal... The Republican dominos are falling....

Jeb in 16

link   

You know the answer to that obama can only be a tough guy when he's attacking our elected officials, through his media.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The Ted Cruz's of this country are evangelical fundamentalists who are trying to kick off a global holy war to fulfill biblical end times prophecy.

????? So, it's not really muslums attacking people, cutting off heads, suicide bombing innocent people, it's Ted Cruz's people? Wow. That's almost as delusional as obamas last remarks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join