It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Pastor Says Victims Of Paris Attacks Worshipped Death And Therefore Deserved To Die

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neveroddoreven99

The difference is that every time someone like this pops up people like you are all "Christians are like this."

Congratulations on being the first poster in this thread with the "Persecuted Christian Response"

Obviously the pastor here is ignorant... but he's also not killing tons of people every day.

But he's calling for the US government to execute gay folk in the US along with other fundamental Christians in the states and only last week three republican presidential candidates attended a meeting where the host again called for the US government to execute all gay folk.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: flammadraco
But my post was not in response to what you said.
It was very clearly marked as a reply to an observation by "mekhanics", which I quoted.
viz;

Where's the peace-loving Christians on ATS?

Did you not notice how, in my direct repky to you, I referred to what "that poster" said?

Apologies, I now see who you sent that post to in response, apart from "The third Person" statement, the remaining part of my post to you still stands!!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

A close friend of mine did three tours in Afganistan and his theory on why people get radicalized makes a lot of sence. " One of the main issues is that less than ten percent of the population can read, much like mediveal europe during the inquisition, or the east coast of the US during the witch hunts". When your religious leaders say this is what it says in the texts, and you don't have the ability to read, you trust them to tell you the truth. You can't pick up the text and say "no it doesn't say that", and the religious leaders don't want that because then they lose control over them. My friends job was to help build schools, they would build them and the taliban would destroy them because educated people can think for themselves. I'm not saying that all radicals are uneducated, I'm saying most of the people these psychos control if we educated them would see them for who they really are and eventually they would fade away like the inqusitors, and witch hunters of our past.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Daavin

That actually makes a lot of sense; same for the Christian religion when Christians Were Denied Access to Their Bible for 1,000 Years and only a priest was allowed to read from the bible to the masses.

That's not what happened. The Church actually discouraged the populace from reading the Bible on their own -- a policy that intensified through the Middle Ages and later, with the addition of a prohibition forbidding translation of the Bible into native languages.

Source

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Where's the peace loving Christian on ATS condemning Pastor's remark? Oh, they're busy crusading, debating how 1.6 B Muslim are evil.

Meh ...

that is the best post of the day.

the first post in a thread asking why no one has condemned there marks.

I suppose that the 8 minutes that past between the thread starting and your post is plenty enough time to deem all ats Christians to be lame.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Thing is they know that the more you educate the less followers you have.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Christian Pastor Says Victims Of Paris Attacks Worshipped Death And Therefore Deserved To Die

...what an idiot...

Å99

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Another persecuted Christian, think you may find mekhanics was being rhetorical in his/her post, but I agree with him/her, we've had more comments from ATS Christians regarding the length of time between the OP and mekhanics post which goes someway to prove their point.

Did you not have an opinion on the OP, would you like to take this opportunity to speak out against the fundamentalist views of the Pastor using the Christain religion as a platform for his hatred??? Just as what is being asked of all 1.2 Billion Muslim's in the World to do!
edit on 19.11.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The pastor was half right.

It would be crazy to ignore the obvious links to the band name and the actions that took place.

I did not realize that the poster was not serious with the post.

i cannot agree with them deserving death but i do see how it is asking for it when one embraces the thought of death

or we could just say that words have no power and linking words to actions is irrational but that does not seem right either.

Making false claims does not prove anything

edit on 19-11-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Dude Christianity is all about embracing the thought of death.
You have many wanting everything to end because of a promise made in a book 2000 years ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

The pastor was half right.

It would be crazy to ignore the obvious links to the band name and the actions that took place.

I did not realize that the poster was not serious with the post.

i cannot agree with them deserving death but i do see how it is asking for it when one embraces the thought of death

or we could just say that words have no power and linking words to actions is irrational but that does not seem right either.

Making false claims does not prove anything

What? You mean like the little golden book that ends in wholesale death - and wearing the instrument of torture&death of ones' chosen saviour 'round ones' neck?...and frequenting churches where a crucified effigy is placed front and centre?

Å99

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Sorry??? I find your response disgusting, outdated and medieval.

The pastor was half right? You do realise that the band was not even a heavy metal band and their name was chosen to be satirical?

Want to know what's wrong with the world today? Look in a mirror!! People like you enabling twats like this pastor is disgusting.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

satire lol
there is no such thing when dealing with sounds and its effects on our environment but I guess that view puts me in line with lil kim in nk.

Well at least you believe you have found the problem with society. I can see how all these muslims killing can take away from the hate that is voiced for Christians. kinda like those comments by the misori black power club disgusted because their spotlight was taken.

The first comment to the op is a prime example of how satire and meaning does not always equate
the sound made is what matters and worshiping at the alter of death is not prudent for ones soul but it is not the worst thing ever either

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

You have many wanting everything to end because of a promise made in a book 2000 years ago.

ok but that does not take away from the fact that they all found death at a death metal concert.

the question was not about if Christianity embraces death but that the concert goers were promoting death

I never claimed that nothing else promoted death

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99
same answer as I gave young monkey.
the thread and question posed to me was about death metal and how it attracted death.

am I really a bad guy for being realistic?

I mean make a thread about Christianity and death and I will give an answer or just ask me about that but it is childish to not accept my answer because I may or may not listen to death metal myself

you all can borrow my step ladder when you get ready to get off the highhorses

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

What is wrong with society in my opinion is uneducated folk using scripture to hate anyone outside their mythical belief system.

I've seen more Christian Fundamentalist on ATS (many have been barred) and never one Muslim fundamentalist. There are many Muslim members on ATS so it's not due to the fact of lack of members.

If a Muslim ATS member had said ISIS was half right, ATS would go into meltdown, but the poor persecuted Christian can say a pastor is "half correct" about the death of over 80 people attending a concert and it's ok!!

As I've said in my previous post to you, you disgust me, you are no different with your mindset than an ISIS sympathiser IMO.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Oh look, another ATS thread with Christian hating liberals telling Christians how they should behave.

Too bad these are the same people that want the US flooded with illegals and Muslim refugees.

Why do liberals on ATS hate Christians but love Muslims?

Lastly, one Christian preacher does not paint the attitude of all Christians. Most Christians believe in "turn the other cheek" and "live and let live". Christianity is about LOVE not HATE, you have us confused with Islam.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: akushla99
same answer as I gave young monkey.
the thread and question posed to me was about death metal and how it attracted death.

am I really a bad guy for being realistic?

I mean make a thread about Christianity and death and I will give an answer or just ask me about that but it is childish to not accept my answer because I may or may not listen to death metal myself

you all can borrow my step ladder when you get ready to get off the highhorses

Please don't take it personally.

*raises unleavened wafer towards chosen deity at an altar in front of a crucified effigy*

'This is my flesh, eat it'

*raises chalice of wine towards chosen deity at an altar in front of a crucified effigy*

This is my blood, drink it'

So, next time (God forbid) we hear about a christian congregation in some third world country being immolated alive, we can draw the conclusion that...What did they expect? They were worshiping death.

Tell me what you think is childish.

Å99

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Wrong. Look another Christian hating Muslim sympathizer telling Christians what their religion is about.

Last time I checked it was Muslims that killed those people in Paris not Christians. But please continue your ignorance.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

Oh look, another ATS thread with Christian hating liberals telling Christians how they should behave.

Too bad these are the same people that want the US flooded with illegals and Muslim refugees.

Why do liberals on ATS hate Christians but love Muslims?

Lastly, one Christian preacher does not paint the attitude of all Christians. Most Christians believe in "turn the other cheek" and "live and let live". Christianity is about LOVE not HATE, you have us confused with Islam.

I reckon you might want to read that last paragraph again.

Å99

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join