It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not the fault of people but the media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The above picture is true but I have come to realize now it is foolish to blame individuals for this.

It is the fault of the media and their influence on the gullible, if you continue to avoid talking about how it is individuals in minority groups, people will not understand the difference.

They talk about the individual when it is a mass shooter but rarely do when Minority does something wrong which gives the mentally challenged the view point that all members of that minority group are evil, dangerous..etc
edit on 19-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

Black man selling cigarettes on a street corner, death sentence.

White man murders a bunch of movie goers, life sentence.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You forgot one. Any shooter = all guns are evil, not the people who did it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
You forgot one. Any shooter = all guns are evil, not the people who did it.

You guys never seem to understand, it is not the guns we are against. It is how easy the mentally ill can get one.

You see our call for better ways to makes sure the mentally ill, dangerous people..etc do not have access to them as a call for banning all guns. Nope just do something to make access to them harder for those types of people.

But this thread is not about that.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone

The above picture is true but I have come to realize now it is foolish to blame individuals for this.

It is the fault of the media and their influence on the gullible, if you continue to avoid talking about how it is individuals in minority groups, people will not understand the difference.

They talk about the individual when it is a mass shooter but rarely do when Minority does something wrong which gives the mentally challenged the view point that all members of that minority group are evil, dangerous..etc

Sally Kohn is a certified idiot. She forgot one. White Cop shoots black man = all white cops are bad.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
there is a difference however...

religion = you can choose to follow/become a part of
race/ color of skin = you cannot choose, you are born and stuck with

i am against racism but also against various religions. so yes i am going to judge a particular religion that i find to be unsavory if people are willingly following it and acting on behalf of certain prophets/gods in destructive ways.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Sally Kohn is a certified idiot. She forgot one. White Cop shoots black man = all white cops are bad.

She is right. So are you, people make judgements on entire police based on the few bad cops.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
there is a difference however...

religion = you can choose to follow/become a part of
race/ color of skin = you cannot choose, you are born and stuck with

i am against racism but also against various religions. so yes i am going to judge a particular religion that i find to be unsavory if people are willingly following it and acting on behalf of certain prophets/gods in destructive ways.

But do you blame the religion of Islam for the terrorism or the individuals?

There are great people who are also a part of that religion, you do know that right?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Oh boo hoo, life's not fair. Who ever said it was?

Ask any man in divorce court if life's fair.
Let a man punch a women and a woman punch a man and see if they get the same punishment.
I have to show my drivers license to buy a beer but asking to see one to vote is a hardship on the poor. Bull.
The NBA is full of teams with black players being the majority because they earned their spot. But suggesting that the white coach earned his spot is discrimination.

That idiot also left something off her list. The fort hood shooter. That was workplace violence,,,,,right.
We can't call that one an Islamic terrorist.

Everybody discriminates.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

So, do all shooters just deserve the same participation trophy and we move on with life?

The reality is that motivation matters--if a large group of claimed religious zealots decide that murdering innocent people is okay, I look at the religion with a jaundiced eye, but that doesn't mean I see all followers as guilty for what the terrorist zealots do...but it does mean that the potential for a follower to devolve into that type of murderous zealot is there.

If a black shooter is part of a gang or drug ring, and the shooting was related to that, I pass on my jaundiced eye to all involved in the gang or drug trade, and I become skeptical about those who live and associate with these people on a daily basis because they have the potential to become what the shooter is.

If a white guy is mentally disturbed and shoots up a movie theater because he's a nutjob and has no real ties to a group with an ideology that fosters murderous hate, then he is acting alone and I see it as such. But yes, it does make me look at the issue of mentally-ill people and their access to guns with a jaundiced eye.

But the thing here is that any race or religion can be interchanged with each of the three scenarios and the subsequent realities remain the same. It has nothing to do with race or religion, but motivation.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I will use Nazism as an example to prove how illogical some ideas here are.

If a Nazi who it following a hate dogma kill people then, we should by this logic not complain about the Nazi dogma since there are Nazis who are peaceful and only half Nazis. And when they push that Mein Kampf have to be read and respected as a truth by all and you are not allowed to question it you will have to accept it since they are so many in society.

Will you think people are sane that is totally peaceful, but still thinks Hitler is a divine being who was right in everything he did, but creates miss representation of what happened and that no Jews was killed in the Holocaust and if they where killed they deserved it since Hitler can do no wrong. Apologists.

And anyone who do not agree with Hitlers message have to die since he is a enemy of the truth told by the Fuhrer for these people.

How many humans would have to exists for us to have to accept this insanity as a truth since revolting to their ideas becomes dangerous? 500 million, 1 billion, 1,5 billion, never since lies should be exposed no matter the cost.

The moderate Nazis are a problem even if they do not act since they allow a place where the insanity is allowed to breed and increase.

PS i dislike all dualistic insanities. Being a flawed religion or flawed political dogma do not change the message.
edit on 19-11-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

top topics

join