It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ok, the fukushima pollution, what's the cover up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
As many of you here know, I live here in Japan. And if you don't know by now, the press on such issues on Fukushima and its disaster are tightly contolled by the Japanese govt. The fact is, money is at stake, whose money, heck I don't know, but it must be very big money at least. OK . Let it be known that the storage tanks now are full, so now what, hmm , ocean it goes. So they (govt) those who want to keep their jobs, say the limit of damage in minimal, hmm sound so American here. Anyway, we just can't get the truth out since those working behind the lines won't speak because they don't have any knowledge of the danger they work with. Ever work for ManPower in the States. Yeah, they too also hire the indespensible.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

On the workers…

Enews

Its easy to cover up emissions of radioactivity. You can't see, taste or smell it. As long as you don't talk about it, 'it doesn't exist'.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

If you ever needed proof of how interconnected the shadow governments actually are, Fukushima and the global control of media concerning that catastrophe are a perfect example. Don't worry, they'll raise the safe limits for radiation exposure again, very soon. I just love "consensus based" science. /Sarcasm off

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Its easy to cover up emissions of radioactivity. You can't see, taste or smell it. As long as you don't talk about it, 'it doesn't exist'.

Except it's easy to detect radiation with even a cheap store-bought geiger counter. You can get them on Ebay or Amazon.

So actually it's very hard to cover up emissions of radioactivity if people decide to actually go and look for it with the right equipment.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

originally posted by: intrptr

Except it's easy to detect radiation with even a cheap store-bought geiger counter. You can get them on Ebay or Amazon.

So actually it's very hard to cover up emissions of radioactivity if people decide to actually go and look for it with the right equipment.

got any links for accurate geiger counters at cheap prices, i ask this as i could not tell a good one from a bad one and i very much would like to purchase one as the worlds jet streams can bring it to anyones garden.

( needs to be accurate so the findings can not be disputed )
edit on 19-11-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So the Japanese government is hiding the thousands of dead bodies?
This was going to kill us all years ago......nothing..

If people truly believe how dangerous nuclear power is, how can we let iran have reactors? That's a recipe for disaster.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

And yet the nuclear industry needs billions of taxpayers money to safeguard the waste, and they've barely begun looking after it. Something doesn't fit.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

There is a plan for the waste but environmental nutters will not let it be transported. Let it sit a few more decades, what's the worst that can happen.

And again I ask. If it's so dangerous how do people support obama giving iran the ability to make more nuclear waste. I have many times more faith in japan's abilities than irans.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Again, the story has a hole a mile wide. Reactors get approved and built regardless of protest. Yet protest prevents the transport of waste? It doesn't add up. Especially since transport is as regular as the British rail system.

Load after load of rods being transported the length of the country, and not an environutter in sight. www.youtube.com...

What is this plan for the waste? There was a plan to use very expensive german cast iron boxes for some of the mid range waste. I pointed out they were ready made dirty bombs. www.abovetopsecret.com... They promptly dropped the cast iron boxes and went back to the original concrete encapsulation costing the taxpayers £200 million less. Now I wonder why they wanted to do the stupid idea that cost £200 million more? What could their motive possibly have been?

A plan for the waste. I'm sure there is. Stealing taxpayers money.
Criminal scum.
edit on 19 11 2015 by Kester because: rearrange

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I have no clue what Europe is doing with the waste.
But Google yucca mountain for the us plan.

And I agree, the government can screw anything up and bill the taxpayers.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The problem with nuclear power is that waste disposal is NEVER calculated in the final cost, if it were we would see the true cost/kwh rather than what we are fed.

The site should be marked, on the assumption that leaving it unmarked would pose greater risks to the future. Current mining activities in the area, alone, would make the choice of not marking extremely risky for present-day (i.e., living) humans, and cumulatively more dangerous for those living between now and 12,000 A.D.
At present the WIPP is in an area of active oil production, gas production and potash mining (Pasztor, 1991, IX-27).
emphasis mine.

SANDIA REPORT
SAND92–1382
lUC–721 Unlimited Release
Printed
November

Expert Judgment on Markers to Deter Inadvertent Human Intrusion into the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant
(direct .pdf link)

If we have to figure out how to communicate the dangers to future societies that might not even be able to read our language or interpret our pictograms, we have some serious considerations to account for.
edit on 19-11-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I think they're just stalling because no one knows how the waste will react over time. There are claims that gas build up will fracture sealed containers within 800 years. I think the environutters are being manipulated for the profit of the energy industry. Here in the UK the plan for most of the mid range waste is to leave it on the eroding shoreline in aluminium sheds.

www.nda.gov.uk...

These aluminium sheds were specially designed for the cast iron boxes that they are no longer using after that thread was published. They're waffling on about how that's not such a big problem and they'll just bumble through it. Doesn't it fill you with a warm glow. They haven't got a clue what they're doing.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

"The problem with nuclear power is that waste disposal is NEVER calculated . ."

The reason is simple. Numbers big enough haven't been discovered yet.
edit on 19 11 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

There is no safe way to dispose of nuclear waste.
It is waste that builds up, takes hundreds and thousands of years to become "safe", and becomes more expensive to maintain over time.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So the Japanese government is hiding the thousands of dead bodies?
This was going to kill us all years ago......nothing..

If people truly believe how dangerous nuclear power is, how can we let iran have reactors? That's a recipe for disaster.

Radiation/cancer doesn't spread around the world overnight buddy

Some countries won't even be affected if ocean and wind currents are kind to them.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Japan has been been bullied into 'colony' status of the US/banksters

If any doubt, then explain why are there 6 us bases there since Hiro Naga Nuking and still today

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
^6 on this mainland I mean; there may be dozens of us mil bases on Japanese islands
edit on 14-12-2015 by Plantagenet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase
You may enjoy these threads.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The local defunct power stations have had their fuel rods removed. That will add to the unresolved stockpile. Now there's a wait of seventy years or more before the graphite cores are dismantled. There are plans to attempt building more reactors on land next to the old reactors. Land that was flooded by tsunami in 1607. Oldbury, River Severn, England.

The nuclear industry can only be called suicidal. Hats off to the good folks who are doing the clean up and guarding the waste. It's an impossible job, but someone's got to do it.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
They tell us almost no truths. There were many youtube videos showing how radiation mutates plants and animals in the area of Fukushima but they are mostly gone now.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MidoriOshii
They tell us almost no truths. There were many youtube videos showing how radiation mutates plants and animals in the area of Fukushima but they are mostly gone now.

Really, I hadn't heard of such removals. But I've heard of the butterflies being deformed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join