It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census Changes Could Make Whites Less Than 50 Percent Sooner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

The Census Bureau is considering changes to its race and ethnicity questions that would reclassify some minorities who were considered "white" in the past, a move that may speed up the date when America's white population falls below 50 percent.

well i'm kinda torn on this. although i do agree with the changes, which would allow some folks to truly express their ethnicity.
i can't help but wonder why right now.

personally, i think all government forms and job applications shouldn't have any race related questions, just sex, but now even that is a gray area.
edit on 19-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
"woop de doo basil. but what does it all mean?"

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: fartlordsupreme

All it means is the way all the data is collected and compiled into computer databases, and printed into publications for governmental and corporation consumption.

This being a conspiracy forum I'd say it will be used against us (society in general) all for some means or other.

edit on 19-11-2015 by Tindalos2013 because: words in wrong order.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
personally im "multiracial" a big mix of lots of different ethnicities. i have never answered what race i am when questioned...as far as the change only makes sense for the future. not sure about now because whites are the majority. i think its pretty obvious with the racial issues we face in america.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Although I look to the day when "the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes,..."

If Middle Easterners and Central & Southern Americans have been identifying as "White", well,... yeah, the census should be updated and modified.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

The Census Bureau is considering changes to its race and ethnicity questions that would reclassify some minorities who were considered "white" in the past, a move that may speed up the date when America's white population falls below 50 percent.

well i'm kinda torn on this. although i do agree with the changes, which would allow some folks to truly express their ethnicity.

personally, i think all government forms and job applications shouldn't have any race related questions, just sex, but now even that is a gray area.

This is great news!!! No more evil white racist majority! Now we can get rid of Black Live Matter and Affirmative action and the made up victim mindset.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: fartlordsupreme

It means..... or it shows just another example of how people can manipulate any set of data to make it show whatever they want it to show.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

As long as there's even so much as one white person in the US, there will be a BLM.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

This is great news!!! No more evil white racist majority! Now we can get rid of Black Live Matter and Affirmative action and the made up victim mindset.

Black Lives Matter at its core has a legitimate leg to stand on.
Don't let a bunch of idiots using that movement to take advantage of everything mislead you there.

Affirmative action? So blacks can have 0 jobs in any 99 percent of nice areas?

It isn't a made up mindset. They still need to take it upon themselves and bust their ass, they're still mostly in control of their own destiny.

The fact is blacks are oppressed in most ways, and to think otherwise is to be ignorant to the real statistics. Not stats spewed out by Fo'lol'x News

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

You do realize that the largest beneficiary of affirmative action programs are white women, right? And the whole reason affirmative action came about is because it was legal for government agencies and private businesses to discriminate based on race.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
As a minority does this mean we will get a white history month? White affirmative action? White scholarships? Free cell phones?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
As a minority does this mean we will get a white history month? White affirmative action? White scholarships? Free cell phones?

Whenever I see a post or comment like this I feel ashamed to share the same skin pigmentation...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Whenever I see a post or comment like this I feel ashamed to share the same skin pigmentation...

Why? I'm being serious. Why is it okay for other minorities to get free stuff and free rides but not whites? Shouldn't all minorities be treated the same?

I want a liberal to explain to me why it's okay for some minorities to be treated differently than others.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Then I guess this is going to really confuse the hell out of the census:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

they dont get it simply because the fact they are minorities
they get it based on the fact that its the only thing that will help them break a horrible cycle that has started through institutionalized oppression

unless your minority group has such a history and the problems that go with it you dont need that
you dont want to need that
edit on 19-11-2015 by fartlordsupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Why? I'm being serious. Why is it okay for other minorities to get free stuff and free rides but not whites? Shouldn't all minorities be treated the same?

I want a liberal to explain to me why it's okay for some minorities to be treated differently than others.

Im not a liberal, but what it comes down to, to a liberal, is this basically:

Because we are all equal... but some of us are MORE equal than others. And it should be clear who, to a liberal, have more right to "equality" than is others.

edit on 11/19/2015 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join