It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump builds his giant wall, who gets the Rio Grande river?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Mexico. As it should be.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Im guessing we sacrifice river access at the cost of a wall,

along with economic stability with the disrupted flow of migrants

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Mexico. As it should be.

It does have some scenic spots. Hopefully, in that weird universe where this might actually happen, Trump's America builds the fence a little ways away from the river, so no manmade fence-shade falls on it and destroys the plant and insect life in the river and near the riverbank (many plants and insects are native to riverbanks and wetlands).

I like one editor's idea of murals if the wall is built. Trump could use his own money not only to expand the White House but to hire the world's finest artists to create an art gallery of murals and other artwork on both sides of his mega-wall, make it an artistic tourist attraction. The mind boggles at the possibilities, and then the mind slowly backs away.

A scenic spot along the Rio Grande:

edit on 19-11-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: frostie

Im guessing we sacrifice river access at the cost of a wall,

along with economic stability with the disrupted flow of migrants

Not included in the "we", I don't have a horse in this game. But when Trump's Secretary of Walls, Scott Walker, begins building his Canadian-United States monster, a wall which will make the worlds mural-artists droll with anticipation, I just might saddle up and watch the construction.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
Put gators in it also Payara and Piranha.

That will put the fear of god into illegals and drug traffickers that try to swim across.

It's ironic that you say that, since nearly all Hispanic people are Christians. I'm thinking many of the ones traveling to the US already have the fear of God in them. And that's especially true of the ones trying to escape from areas controlled by cartels & paramilitary gangs.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Well said. Thanks.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Well did you know that the Great Wall of China, is also a giant wall to control immigration within Asia and prevent enemies from invading the China empire.

Mexico has a border wall between Guatemala and Mexico.

Some countries do have big walls at the border.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join