It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Body Cam Footage VS. Your Cellphone Footage *Unreal*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
There couldn't be a difference between the two could there? I mean... unless there is some kind of Twilight Zone parallel universe thing bleeding into our reality.

I just came across this and don't even know why I am shocked. I guess I am like so many others and think that body cams are the best way to ensure everything is on the up and up. This made me second guess that, and it will likely make you do the same. Not only was body cam footage edited in this case, it was also turned off at a certain point.

Multiple videos of the same violent arrest of three University of Alabama students quickly went viral when it happened, but it took until this week for the Tuscaloosa cops to release their body cam footage.

Conveniently enough, the department edited out everything that showed them violate the rights of the students and the violent arrests.

As the original video starts out, an officer is seen attempting to yank a student from his apartment. However, this is where the police video ends.

In an interview with AL.com, a female witness described a chaotic scene as three people were taken into custody: ‘They had a girl and two boys on the ground. They were all screaming, and everyone was videoing it.’

The police version of the video picks back up after the students are in handcuffs and they are no longer acting like savage thugs.

In a press release this statement was issued -

“In the city’s continued commitment to transparency and accountability in this investigation we are releasing the officer’s body camera video footage,” Lt. Teena Richardson said

They use the word transparency and I am not sure they know exactly what that means.

Here is their video/version of events....

Now here is the real version of events shown at multiple angles...

This, over a loud party complaint.

It just goes to show that no matter what anyone says, you still need to protect yourself because even body cam footage can be tampered with.

You can read more here - thefreethoughtproject.com...

I especially like it when the guy at the end tells the girl to shut her fn mouth, shut the f up, and that he didn't care if she was filming.

The officers? Paid vacation...

The three Tuscaloosa police officers who were put on paid leave are James Kent, Phillip Champion and Gregory Pimm. They were the first officer to arrive on the scene, the officer who used the Taser on a student, and the officer who used the nightstick.

At a press conference, Tuscaloosa Police Chief Steve Anderson said he immediately ordered an investigation. “Needless to say, once I started watching it, I was deeply disturbed by what I saw,” the chief said.

edit on 11/19/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/19/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I am just waiting for the usual posters to come here and tell us we didn't see that.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Had a friend that just recently had jury duty sat in on a case that heavily relied on a body cam. Her case was decided mostly on the cops body cam. She said the interesting thing about it, its from the cops perspective when you see it in court. So even the body language can come through. In her case he was being somewhat aggressive toward the defendant and the jury could hear his little snickers when the defendant was answering questions. The jury found the defendant not guilty because the camera showed the defendant 100% of the time (so what they did was always on camera) and the defendant had did exactly as they testified.The body cam revealed the subtle things the cop did that he probably wasn't aware of. From breath sounds ,tone of voice and subtle snickers, and body movements.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I saw this video on facebook, and even though I am not a citizen there, my god is pissed me off.

The policy enforcers who uphold their own version of law, written by themselves and bereft of any common law, are heading for a fall...

Wait till extremists cause another lockdown. With the rise in gun purchases after the Paris attack, it's ripe for what is to come... intended, I'd even suggest.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: blujack21

Hence in this case, the edited video I would suggest.

Isn't it a worry, when the law has things to hide?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Talk about being in a police state... Imagine what they could do under Martial Law.
Funny how the authorities will bend the truth by editing their own evidence, that is supposed to prevent misunderstandings of police interventions or conduct in the first place.
Probably a good idea to keep a log on incidents like this for future reference, in case something like this happens to yourself or anyone close to you.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
step 1 desensitize collage & high school kids to think this is OK to happen & without a warrant, next step is to take the guns so we cant shoot back. step 3 thin out the herd "slowly so they don't notice" to the point only slaves to the system of control remain..-- freedom is behind the vial
P.S. don't open the door to the cops WITHOUT A WARRANT sighed by a real judge "slipped under the door"

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul
Paris was attacked ? >.>
more like a setup to claim martial law

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I fear you are right. Nobody in law enforcement should have access to any video footage IMO period. Hands in the cookie jar sort of thing and I don't like it.

I don't know if anyone can defend this mess...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

One of these days it will all come out in the wash, unless of course they manage to pass laws making videos of officers illegal

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: somungho
Paris was attacked ? >.>
more like a setup to claim martial law

Oh Paris was attacked. There is no shortage of people who hate the west. not at all. Don't be naive.

Does not matter what created the hate, what you see now are people with hatred in their hearts who need no setup to orchestrate violent atrocity.

This is Earth after all..

ETA - for the very reason you suggest I might add. The plan is working out just as it was intended...
edit on 19-11-2015 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I think they will likely try to move towards that at some point in the future. It'll be done under the guise of officer safety or some such nonsense. Then we will be back at your word vs theirs.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

I fear you are right. Nobody in law enforcement should have access to any video footage IMO period. Hands in the cookie jar sort of thing and I don't like it.

I don't know if anyone can defend this mess...

if they can edit it, obscure it in any way, it defeats the purpose of having it, in my opinion.

In some ways they are creating a situation where we will be the ones who record everything, one of the things we've seen coming and fought against. a cctv life. Now we have to record ourselves in our own homes to have evidence of crimes they tell us we commit... the alternative is a very one sided view of things.

I honestly do not think anyone can defend this. but it will still get by with complacency.. :/

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I think they will likely try to move towards that at some point in the future. It'll be done under the guise of officer safety or some such nonsense. Then we will be back at your word vs theirs.

The funny thing is, here in Aus they've just decided to use body cams.

But we're a little slacker, watch any episode of our version of cops and you see nothing like you see in the US. Our cops are more like transport authority
they'll stand there and cop abuse and then let you off. as opposed to putting one in your chest - so they do it for their own protection I think. not to justify their actions, or confirm them in court.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

After watching the cops body cams footage though they still look like jerks, even if its edited. If i was on a jury and the cops cam or their cam, still think the cops were out of their bounds.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I am surprised how rude and aggressive American police are. No people skills. Low social tolerance. Poorly trained.

You Americans need to change the way your police interact with the public.

The fact that this antagonistic and adversarial interaction is accepted by the police themselves is a real worry.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I am surprised how rude and aggressive American police are. No people skills. Low social tolerance. Poorly trained.

Please. Not all American police officers behave in this manner. Nor do a majority. That does not excuse the assholes, but it is a fact.

edit on 11/19/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Please. Not all American police officers behave in this manner.

Yes, apologies. I was being very general in my comments and concede that this is a minority.

However, where's the repercussions for police acting in this way? I mean, there was a crowd of them at the end all participating in what I perceived to be an overly aggressive and totally unnecessarily forceful brawl.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

However, where's the repercussions for police acting in this way?

That, is a very good question.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
When they put the uniform on do they think they are invisible. They are only police officers for half of the week. Where do they shop, where do they relax. It is with the people they are abusing. They are mixing socially with the rest of the population until the uniform goes on.

These are our neighbours, friends, family and lovers who are carrying out these acts. Why do we accept them in society when they remove this uniform.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join