It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslim Groups Take Out Advert In Daily Telegraph

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
they shouldnt have to... but there are enough stupid people this was a smart move..though it probably wont reach the people that really need to know at least they tried to do exactly wheat many people have demanded of them over the last 20+ years.

by the way I am one of those and I applaud this action, people that have been critical of muslims privately condemning terrorism should be glad to see the council making it public.

eta: just woke up havent had caffeine yet apologize for the poorly worded statement.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Irishhaf because: just cause.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Love it.

O the irony.

Muslims are condemed on ATS for not speaking out and condeming terrorism.

When they do they are told to keep there religion to themselfs

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Love it.

O the irony.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

This.

I think it's great that they did but incredibly sad that they felt they had to. Mainly because this will really in the end just be criticized and disbelieved by too many and bring even more hate upon them. (And I say this without needing to read or having read any further into this thread).

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

It was a good idea and could have been better. In the UK, it's the Sun, Star, Mail and Express that fan the flames of fear against immigration and Muslims. Those papers/sites have readers who respond to those stories and reflect the same fears.

It would have been a better idea to publish their adverts in The Sun and The Daily Mail as well to hit the target audience. Another reason is the Telegraph is low-sales and most readers of the tabloids won't ever have even looked inside a copy.

I see the Daily Mail has reported on the advert and gotten 800 comments. The most popular tend to say they want them out on the streets protesting or going over to fight. Others don't believe the advert either way.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I think this is a good move.

Whilst I have serious reservations regarding Islam as a religion, and the motives of such, I think us in the so called Western World need to see Moslems come out in force and say something, do something, put feet on the footpath path, the streets, use media, and use their collective voice to condem these evil monsters. They should stop playing the victim card, and start including themselves as part of the general populace.

This is democracy, and we need to see they can be democratic, and not just ruled by the sharia of their religion, as this us what scares many of us, and alienates them from everyone else.

The only time we really seem to see Moslems on the street marching and voicing themselves tends to be when they are really psssst about a cartoon or book which insults their prophet, then we know they're there, and it can get pretty nasty, and it has left a very negative impression of them and their religion as fundermental nutters.

So will the advertisment help aliviate the bad vibe about them, probably not, but it seems to me it's a step forward, and that's a positive thing.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Aye I suppose it would...publishing in those papers would have got to far more people rather than the Telegraph but at least the others have actually done an article on it.

The comments in each of the papers though....can't win

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I presume you mean muslims? I have nothing against muslims just islam.
I think we should stop immigration from islamic countries
Close mosques
Deport/imprison anyone preaching hate speech against host country and people.
Ban on niqad in public
Outlaw islamic special interest groups.
I think that will do for starters.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCooper71
What about the Muslims born here, who have been here for generations

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

What about them?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

And what happend to freedom of religion?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I think ppl should keep their religion to themselves.

Yes

And some people should keep their war planes and army and master plans to themselves too

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Probably the same thing that happened with freedom of speech lately...
Somehow we are not allowed to speak against Islam, after the attacks.
Name calling, falls like rain if you do...

Anyway on the subject,
are we supposed to applaud them for doing what they should?
Saving face and avoiding guilds was self evident and anticipated,
after such a tragedy occurred in the name of their religion.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
What about the Muslims born here, who have been here for generations

Exactly.. 37% of US Muslims were born in the US. 13% of US Muslims are US born African Americans. 30% of US Muslims identify themselves as white.

Little know fact. There are estimates that between 10-25% of African slaves brought over to the US were Muslim.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula

Probably the same thing that happened with freedom of speech lately...
Name calling, falls like rain if you do...

Funny... I can't even keep up with all the threads and posts that demonize all muslims and people calling for mass deportation or genocide. Fun fact for Republicans on Free Speech. My parents escaped a Communist country when I was young. It had no Free Speech. No Free Speech meant that if you said something bad about Stalin, you were disappeared in the middle of the night, any trace of you erased etc. It does not mean you get to say what you want without others getting to say what they want in response. If you had no Free Speech, right now you would be in prison while your posts would have been erased from the internet. As it is, Free Speech seems to be working fine. It does not mean you have a right to not get criticized, because then, ironically it would be a limiting other's free speech. Go live in North Korea and then come back and tell us how we have no Free Speech.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AudioOne
Funny... I can't even keep up with all the threads and posts that demonize all muslims and people calling for mass deportation or genocide.

Since you bring up the dictatorship in North Korea to argue with me....
Why don't you take a look at Nazi Germany and see what a real deportation or genocide look like.
Then come tell me about demonetization of muslims in Eu.

Fun fact for Republicans on Free Speech.

You assume I am a republican for what I say?...
Isn't that a generalization, just like ''all Muslims being terrorists'' is a generalization?

My parents escaped a Communist country when I was young. It had no Free Speech. No Free Speech meant that if you said something bad about Stalin, you were disappeared in the middle of the night, any trace of you erased etc. It does not mean you get to say what you want without others getting to say what they want in response. If you had no Free Speech, right now you would be in prison while your posts would have been erased from the internet. As it is, Free Speech seems to be working fine.

My post about freedom of speech was an ironic response to the question ''what happend to freedom of religion''?

Since you've taken it literal and your attempt to compare Secular societies with dictatorships to prove a point, is just showing your frustration.

Coming to a secular and free society you should know that we must always do our best to protect all kinds of freedom,
and not underestimate various acts of suppressing freedom, downplaying events and comparing societies with the worst to prove freedom still exists.

This is the what leads to the dictatorship you despise so much, and you should be the first one to stand against it

In the end, just because i am not being tortured in jail for what I say, and instead I face various organized censorship, verbal attacks, deletion of posts, and blind accusations, doesn't mean there is no issue.

It does not mean you have a right to not get criticized, because then, ironically it would be a limiting other's free speech.

since when is name calling and censorship the same as being criticized? I think you are confused

Go live in North Korea and then come back and tell us how we have no Free Speech.

Forget North Korea, people shouldn't take examples from the worst. North Korea relies on people's tolerance.
Europe had similar situations in the past.... ever heard of revolutions?

Go live in Islamic societies and then come back and tell me about suppression of freedoms.
freedom of speech, demonetization, xenophobia and freedom of religion.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

When your religion advocates war, murder, rape and slavery and a significant amount of followers carry out these acts then I believe it forfeits its right to freedom.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

and yet there are threads about this very thing you say is not allowed.

you are allowed to speak out against anything you please,

Its when people start to generalize and for instance imply all Muslims are terrorists and should be tagged or what else sicking suggestions have been on ATS in recent days should be shown the door.

are we supposed to applaud them for doing what they should?

Are you that sick that you would?

Did you applaud when CNN was showing coverage of bombs dropping Baghdad?

Why don't you take a look at Nazi Germany and see what a real deportation or genocide look like.
Then come tell me about demonetization of muslims in Eu.

Well whats been suggested on ATS recently by certain members mirrors exactly that of Nazi Ideology.

My post about freedom of speech was an ironic response to the question ''what happend to freedom of religion''?

Ironic response when there was no irony?

Are you for suggestions of Immigrants being treated like Child molesters and Mideastern looking Muslims being tagged?

Do you not think that these sorts of suggests are pure hate that mirrors what Nazi Germany did to Jews?

If so and deleting these threads and suggestions how is freedom of speech being trampled on?

In the end, just because i am not being tortured in jail for what I say, and instead I face various organized censorship, verbal attacks, deletion of posts, and blind accusations, doesn't mean there is no issue.

Your issues seems to be with the T&C of ATS then.

Not an issue in the real world but online on one site you visit. You still have your free speech, so do others to refute what you say.

You could engage Skeptic Overlord in his thread which points out the stupid many ATSers have displayed in recent days if you have issues with censorship here.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Love it.

O the irony.

Lucky for me I am not ATS, people should keep that stuff to themselves along with orientation and hatreds. In this particular case their are alot of people speaking out against Isis but apparently this case is special because they are Muslims speaking out? Why does Isis have to be religious Muslim extremists, why cant they be murderous criminals? The propaganda around all this is dripping so bad. Instead of Christians and Muslims etc banding together why can't the world unite in solidarity against criminals of this magnitude. The situation reminds me of the hunger games its all televised for entertainment.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCooper71
a reply to: crazyewok

When your religion advocates war, murder, rape and slavery and a significant amount of followers carry out these acts then I believe it forfeits its right to freedom.

seeing as you want Islam out of Europe I assume you are saying this towards Muslims even though you have nothing against Muslims just Islam?

Is stupid viral?

So many seem to be catching it, its seems to be spreading like a virus and with some, the symptoms are worse than others.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join